agree with most of them...............Originally posted by Wizard
Now that we're in the fourth season of TAR, and the series has matured, what changes in the way the race is run would make it better/more interesting? Here's my top choices:
1. Less 'bunching' at stops.
2. Route clues that are less straightforward and require some thought to puzzle out. 'Go to the westernmost point in Europe' on an earlier TAR is a good example, although it was pretty easy to solve.
3. More difficult roadblocks. Loved the 'masked ball' roadblock due to its degree of difficulty, hated the Le Mans racecar roadblock because it looked WAY too easy.
4. More opportunities to make mistakes. One of my favorite TAR moments was when four out of eight teams put unleaded gas into diesel-burning vehicles. It was very interesting watching how they did - or didn't - solve this unexpected problem.
What do you think?
just some additional thoughts........
1. the show needs bunching at stops
coz that's the equalizer.....
remember how far behind team guido and the brothers
were behind in season 1......if you dont try
to bunch them at stops, this is what happens,
so it's good to equalize them at stops........
and i think it's great to see them bucching at detours
and see different people compete H2H with one another
in different contests.....and "Detour" IS designed to separate
the bunching......for example, the F5 at AR3 chose different tasks
and different stories develop,
however, DO NOT bunch them at Road Blocks.....
they are designed so that people behind have a chance to catch up
2. since some teams are cooperating already, why not try
enforced cooperation in the game or enforced playoff
so like you have wait for another team to come before
doing a task or something like that, they could
be competing or could be cooperating......
the team the loses have to do another task before moving on,
and last few teams can do another tasks
to avoid extended lead or stuff like that
3. make 3 options for the detours and reserve spaces,
also, attempt to let the teams to get a detour by chance,
draw 3 options and choose one, if you decide to give up one,
then give time penalty to draw another one.....
or have 2-2-4 2-3-3 combination for F8 to choose and
1st-come 1st-serve basis, and u can change if there are
options left, if not, then wait for exchange....
4. reserve time..........
if you are 15 min later than the leading team,
you can choose to go at the same time with
every other team that leaves earlier,
but the time difference has to be made up at the end,
so like wait by the mat for that long...
5. add more features.........
like time deleter etc.....