+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: 5/18 TAR 29 - 2 HOUR Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/18 TAR 29 - 2 HOUR Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Really entertaining two hours.

I didn't get to keep up with the second hour as closely, because I had to decorate a cake, but I'm horrified to see that Brooke and Scott continue on. Poor Floyd had such a rough time. I didn't see them lasting much longer anyway, but would've loved them to outlast Brooke. Team Mom and Dad seemed to rally quite a bit this hour, huh? Good for them.
    teatime likes this.

FORT Newbie

The second half of the two-parter was the most physically challenging leg I've ever seen on the race. The race was filmed in June/July, so the temperature was probably around 90 degrees Fahrenheit in Northern Vietnam, and, of course, it was in the wet season, so it was super humid as well. And to force them to walk up the peak at the end after all that exertion was just an extra bit of sadism on the part of production.

Staying on the superlative shuttle for a moment, Brooke is the worst human being that has ever been on the show. She's a nasty, whiny creature whose social game is stuck in high school. It's hard to believe she's 36. I can't think of a single redeeming quality.

Next week looks really interesting. Love (South) Korea!

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Wow, that was a tough leg. In that heat! Oh poor Floyd, when he sat down while Joeys was being counted, I knew it was too much for him. I cried when his bike fell over and he just lay there, I cried with Becca..gawd, what's wrong with me.

Please don't let Scott and Brooke win, I don't know how many times I muted her, she's a screamy whiny little girl, and actually he's quite funny at times, how he stays motivated with her as a partner I don't know.
    Oh poor team fun, its so unfair to be eliminated that way...

That heat looked exhausting, mum and dad did well! We cheered when the first hour was a NEL.
    I really like Matt and Redmond, so positive. The scenery was nice, and we get to see a little more as the numbers dwindle. I have no desire to go there, so watching them is fine by me.
    FlyAKite and allornothing like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

Haven't read any comments because I haven't watched it all yet. I just had to say.......Brooke is beyond annoying, awful, unreal!!!
    holly71, dagwood and Miss_Griss like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Haven't read any comments because I haven't watched it all yet. I just had to say.......Brooke is beyond annoying, awful, unreal!!!
    Omg, worst contestant I can recall!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I will miss Team Fun. They got along well with each other and had a great attitude for the most part. Maybe they will be asked to come back in another season or even an all-star season if there is another one.

Flo, seen tonight in the original shrimp basket bike challenge, was another awful contestant and her partner was a saint for putting up with her. And then there was the married couple, Jonathan and Victoria....he was brutal towards her. There were probably others too but, yeah, Brooke is right up near the top of the list of worst contestants.

To the Point

I am sad, so, so sad!! I liked team fun! I despise Brooke! Never have I allowed a player on a stupid show annoy me so very much! He should have pushed her all the freaking way down those stairs.....ALL.THE.WAY.DOWN!!! !!!

This was a VERY grueling two legs!! Floyd never acted like an idiot and never gave up!

Stinking Brooke should have been gone, gone, gone just for sheer nastiness!!!
    Last edited by NCLurker; 05-19-2017 at 12:58 AM.

I'm sad too, I loved Floyd. But I think he is too nice for reality TV!

It was 90 degrees today and I wasn't on a bike...I just can't imagine going through that challenge.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I'm sad for Becca and Floyd, too. I don't know if he would have recovered enough after doing it twice to be able to finish anyway, but I was frustrated that he was helping London when he was so far behind. It was while helping her that he lost the baskets that made it so he had to go back a third time. He's just too nice for this game. (We all know that London would not have helped him. She's cut throat when she needs to be, but Floyd just doesn't have it in him.)

That was scary to see him get heat stroke or heat exhaustion or whatever it was. It was kind of strange, when Phil came to say goodbye, that he (Phil) didn't address the medical situation and instead made it sound like Floyd just kind of gave up. Becca was really great in the way she supported him and just accepted the situation once she realized that there was a physical problem.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast