07-14-2004, 04:48 PM #181
Yes, they really have stacked the deck this time. There are no super-buff alpha males this time around to win the race. Instead, the only all-male team is two fat guys, the most consistent racing teams are an old couple, a mental midget, and bowlling moms, and for the first time in Amazing Race history EVER (that's right, ever) there are more females than males.
Originally posted by Flash-57:
Well, it's not as if the producers didn't stack the deck this time. Of the eleven teams, only one has two males, but three teams have all females. So, it is very likely that a female will be on the winning team.
07-14-2004, 04:52 PM #182
That's funny because I mentioned that the twins look pretty ugly. I mean they don't look that bad but their face isn't the best. I assumed that if it was twins and female, they would be some sort of supermodels but Reese Witherspoon is way better looking...
Originally Posted by Qboots
07-14-2004, 04:54 PM #183
Originally posted by baskiddball:
I assumed that if it was twins and female, they would be some sort of supermodels but Reese Witherspoon is way better looking...
07-14-2004, 05:25 PM #184
I noticed that while watchin as well. Pronounced emerhencia its correct. but they just pronounced it eemerjenceea. Which bugged. Throughout the whole episode I noticed they seem to think that by adding -ia or -o that the natives will understand them. I also though it was funny that she was speaking italian when talking to the tango dancers. Like bravo and stuff...*sheesh*
Originally Posted by makerc
07-14-2004, 05:26 PM #185
Lol, well I had high hopes but obviously they didn't listen. I'm serious, I was like yesterday, when they smile or something or their face, it looks sort of like a man. Not a man but like a masculine type of female. I don't know, maybe I had high hopes because they are twins so I'm being a lil too harsh.
07-14-2004, 05:28 PM #186
dont forget bolicimo! I like them though, they are kind of my comic relief and I hope they win!!! lol
Originally Posted by rc4life
I have said this so many times but I can't wait to see them in Russia and how they speak Russian. I hope its just as bad as they speak Spanish!
07-14-2004, 05:56 PM #187
Me gusta manzanilla
Did you notice that their bio (posted on the Charla & Mirna thread right under their pictures in the beginning of the thread) states that they speak Spanish? I found that very interesting!
Originally Posted by baskiddball
Although their Spanish is terrible, I do find Charla & Mirna to be very entertaining and they definitely provide comic relief!
07-14-2004, 06:01 PM #188
1. Brandon & Nicole: Last week I was expecting him to tell her she needed to listen to him because he's the man. I don't know why. This week I just didn't care.
2. Charla & Mirna: I'm split on this team. I love Charla but I hate Mirna. Yes, Charla is beating the dead horse with the comments on what she can do... but she's funny. She honestly looked like she was having a blast getting lost in the suds on the dance floor. I thought she was going to be found the next morning after they cleaned the club up. One thing I like about both of them is that they are having fun and enjoying themselves.
3. Jim & Marsha: I like these two. I think he kicks ass and she's growing on me.
4. Linda & Karen: Again... here's a team that is having fun and laughing. We never heard them tell Jim & Marsha about the currency thing. I personally don't think it was malicious.
5. Bob & Joyce: I like these two as well. They work well together.
6. Colin & Christie: Don't care one way or the other, although in the first episode he was an ass. His hair annoys me. Most guys his age who wear their hair brushed forward like that are hiding a huge receding hairline. Embrace it Colin... shave your head!
7. Marshall & Lance: I had high hopes that they would be the Ken & Gerard of this season. I was sadly disappointed that they turned out to be the Ugly Americans of the Race. They must be the next to go.
8. Chip & Kim: I love these two and how they are with each other. I definitely understand why the twins were pissed, though. Twin A saw the cab first and started running towards it. Chip followed and got in the car afterwards. That's poor sportsmanship. Despite that I still like them.
9. Kami & Karli: I would be perfectly happy if at the next Pit Stop it was a tie between these two and the pizza brothers and both teams were eliminated in one shot. They must go.
10. Alison & Donny: I never saw Big Brother, but I can see why people hate her. I'm glad she and Dummy got bumped. They were working my last nerve.
I'm very impressed that the first two teams to go were physically fit while other teams one would discount immediately due to age or size are doing well. I love that.
07-14-2004, 06:04 PM #189
You are absolutely correct Ali/Donny bus stopped every 5 minutes or so, the twins and C/k took the same bus which was an express.
Originally Posted by nairb247
If you watch again- at the beginning when the twins and Chip and Kim left the pit stop, Chip tells the girls to follow them, they do, and get lost, when Chip mentions to Kim that he lost them she says "well, good"
07-14-2004, 06:05 PM #190
I couldn't be more delighted that Alison is gone. I can now stop clicking the remote when she is on and go back to watching the entire show.
Originally Posted by haejin
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.