+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TVGuide Scoop on TAR5!

chirospasm
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    If they truly intend to not allow maps, they'd have to stick to more mainstream destinations that at least a fair amount of locals would know of. That could potentially take away from the show.
    I agree.

Could someone post the text from the TV Guide? I sort of hope it's a misinterpretation: i.e. it actually says: "the racers will not be allowed to acquire maps", meaning they can only use the maps provided by the producers (which would be fine)

I still just don't like not having maps at all.

Art
    OMG that is SO wrong!!! I don't think I like this new change. Being able to use maps was a reward for teams that took the time, energy, and money to do their homework and look up stuff. Maps SHOULD be allowed!! :mad:
    This would also be especially bad if teams don't know where they're going so they ask other teams and another team could sabatoge them and tell them bad directions. I think this stinks because I don't like alliances in TAR, save it for Survivor. Alliances just don't work in a race. And now they're all going to share information! :mad:

chirospasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Art
    OMG that is SO wrong!!! I don't think I like this new change.
    Well, I'm glad to see that someone else dislikes it as much as I do.

I just truly feel it's fundamentally unfair.

AR Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Well, I'm glad to see that someone else dislikes it as much as I do.

I just truly feel it's fundamentally unfair.
    word.
    Go back to my script on the first page... VERY GENERAL IDEA

sweet_sistah
    I don't think teams who don't speak any foreign languages will have much of a disadvantage here, even without maps. All they'll have to do is tail the foreign-speaking teams, then try to outrun them once they're near the pitstop. Or they could learn the Way of the Cha, the fountain of travel and shopping wisdom: convince a local schoolgirl who speaks English to play hooky and serve as their guide/translator.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Hmm, I like the idea of the map thing becuz it doesnt really matter to some teams that cant read maps anyways like millie and chuck > , but still that language advantage thingy seems unfair,,, oh well
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Josh
    I'll tell you right now not having maps is going to make that sh** HARD. or HARDER i should say.
    Last edited by John; 11-27-2003 at 08:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123