Found some interesting recent TAR stuff. I should give credit where it is due. I found these links while reading some posts on another forum, but knew there'd be fans here that would like to read them too. Enjoy!
* Phil senses "renewed interest" in TAR. That bodes well for potential future seasons as long as TAR5 does well.
* It implies that the Emmy win helped bring TAR5. We've assumed it helped, but I wonder if this means it was *THE* factor that brought it back?
* "...same squabble-free format" & "...won't become more ... mean despite stories to the contrary ... I don't think we'd ever want to do that ... I don't think that's the show's strength".
Rob (or Brennan, I cannot remember which) (TAR1 winners) are the ones that provided this link on the other forum. One (or both?) of them is involved in the Reality Central TV station that (may?) exist someday soon, so they probably have some good connections. And they said something like "they love TAR". I read that as those involved in making this new mag are pro-TAR, so there should be some good coverage.
This is a new magazine (not online, but the actual kind you touch and feel) about all things reality.
From the webpage--
* Several mentions of TAR (including TAR5) on the webpage
* Available January 13
* Pick it up at your local supermarket, Barnes & Noble, Blockbuster or Wal-Mart $2.99 US/ $3.99 CAN
I plan to look for it at one of those places and probably try it out.
A DVD review of Big Brother 3 now on DVD. However the reviewer makes two mentions of TAR. In the intro paragraph, he mentions reality shows that he likes, one being TAR ("thrilling", "educational"). Then closer to the end of his review he says "Hopefully, CBS's 'Amazing Race' will be next to hit DVD."
All I can say is Absofreakinlutely!