Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Misti Raman & Jim Raman - TAR 25

Misti Raman & Jim Raman - TAR 25

#TheDentists

Name: Misti Raman
    Hometown: Columbia, S.C.
    Connection to your teammate: Married
    Current occupation: Cosmetic Dentist
    Describe what you do: I practice family and cosmetic dentistry. I provide dental services for adults and children, helping them maintain a healthy, beautiful smile.
    3 words to describe you: Compassionate, loyal and ambitious.
    Favorite hobbies: Traveling, exercising and reading.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Outside of my children, being crowned Miss Galaxy 2013.
    What famous person reminds you of yourself? Dolly Parton - glitter, glitz and success with a bubbly personality.
    What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Ben Affleck – successfully balances family and career.
    What scares you most about traveling? Fear of offending other cultures.
    What excites you most about traveling? Exploring new places, learning new cultures and meeting new people.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: The biggest challenge will be maintaining our focus while we are away from our children for a month.
    Pet peeve about your teammate: No filter between his brain and his mouth.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to visit Italy to experience the amazing food, wine and culture.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? An amazing, competitive adventure with my husband.

Name: Jim Raman
    Hometown: Columbia, S.C.
    Connection to your teammate: Husband
    Current occupation: Orthodontist
    Describe what you do: I am blessed to be able to transform people’s smiles with braces or Invisalign and thereby raise their self-image and self-esteem. Helping a child who hates their teeth have a smile they are proud of is amazing.
    3 words to describe you: Ambitious, dedicated and unfiltered.
    Favorite hobbies: Weight lifting, cooking and jet-skiing.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Personally, my children are my biggest source of pride and pleasure. Professionally, having achieved my level of education and buying a practice and growing it by over 100% in the first two years.
    What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Jenny McCarthy
    What scares you most about traveling? Traveling to places where Misti may not be safe (she tends to stand out in a crowd).
    What excites you most about traveling? Seeing places I may have never otherwise seen and experiencing the history and culture of other societies.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Our biggest challenge will be not bickering with each other over insignificant things like we often do at home. If we can maintain good teamwork we will be very tough to beat.
    Pet peeve about your teammate: When Misti is stressed out she often snaps at me even when I am not the cause of her stress.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? There are so many on my list. Italy – beauty and history, Australia – Great Barrier Reef, South Africa – safari in Kruger National Park (or any African safari) and Egypt – pyramids.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I think it will be an amazing experience that we can share with our children when they are grown which will teach them to follow their dreams.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/214935/
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Misti Raman & Jim Raman - TAR 25

All I see is teeth
    holly71 likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I live in the same town as this couple and met them briefly when we were checking out orthodontists for my daughter. Just read a terrific interview with them in our local paper, The State (Columbia, SC) and think they'll be there at the end. Smart. Driven. Athletic. Solid relationship. Looking forward to rooting for the hometown team!

Had a chance to chat briefly with the dentists at a local event yesterday. They gave nothing away but were genuinely appreciative of the experience, saying it was phenomenal and more physically demanding than they anticipated. They seem much more humble in person. I suspect their edit pegs them as overconfident.

FORT Regular

"I live in the same town as this couple"

I also live in Columbia...we could be neighbors. I sure didn't like them very much in the first episode. Hoping they grow on me.
    dixielandbelle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dixielandbelle View Post
    Had a chance to chat briefly with the dentists at a local event yesterday. They gave nothing away but were genuinely appreciative of the experience, saying it was phenomenal and more physically demanding than they anticipated. They seem much more humble in person. I suspect their edit pegs them as overconfident.
    Well that's very cool! editing really is everything( even the two girls that went home) I am sure they are nicer in person, well pretty sure.

Everyone has a part to play, is AR Canada we had a couple of guys that said they were edited badly, they still think this way.
    dixielandbelle and Mreid like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

brycola - glad to see another soda city resident here! Misti & Jim (especially Jim) came off poorly on the first episode but I do believe the producers have given them the overbearing/overconfident role this season. I almost always root for the hometown team, so I hope their edit doesn't get worse (and/or they don't provide the fodder for that to occur) and that they'll be there at the end.

I gotta be honest... something about these two gives me the creeps. Must be the overly white teeth against that overly tanned skin.
    sweetpea likes this.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Regular

I took an instant dislike to him.
    Florimel likes this.

I don't think these two were as bad as the first week, it remains to be seen how they run this rest of the race
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast