+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dennis Hour & Isabelle Du - TAR 25

Dennis Hour & Isabelle Du - TAR 25

#TheDatingCouple

Name: Dennis Hour
    Hometown: Tustin, California
    Connection to your teammate: Boyfriend
    Current occupation: Financial Accounting
    Describe what you do: I work for an e-commerce technology company based in Los Angeles and my role is in financial planning and analysis.
    3 words to describe you: Electrifying, practical and eager.
    Favorite hobbies: Photography, cooking (I like to wing it in the kitchen and create my own flavors) and Isabelle Du.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? For an immigrant Cambodian kid, graduating from college and getting this far in my career is a huge accomplishment.
    What famous person reminds you of yourself? Short Round from ďIndiana Jones.Ē I love a good adventure.
    What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Lucy Ricardo from ďI Love Lucy.Ē Isabelle is always up to something.
    What scares you most about traveling? Being robbed and stranded.
    What excites you most about traveling? Sounds strange, but I like airports and plane rides. And then when I get to my destination, itís trying the local food.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: The biggest challenge Isabelle and I face is the way we speak to one another. I may think sheís copping attitude or yelling at me while she may think sheís just talking normally and vice versa with me. This is where our communication wave breaks. We have been dealing with this since day one of our relationship and it could cause some serious issues on the Race.
    Pet peeve about your teammate: My biggest pet peeve with Isabelle is that she wonít take initiative in helping around the house. I have to constantly ask her to pick up after herself or fold the laundry. And then sheíll complain that I bug her too much.
    What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to travel to Tokyo because of how busy the city can be. I would love to experience the Japanese cuisines. I just want to get lost in it all.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I want to see the world with Isabelle! After this race hopefully we will know if we are ready to take our relationship to the next level.

Name: Isabelle Du
    Hometown: Tustin, California
    Connection to your teammate: Girlfriend
    Current occupation: Model
    Describe what you do: As a model, Iíve lived and worked abroad for four years in Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam. Some of my past work has included FHM, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Tresemme, Wet Seal and Mossimo.
    3 words to describe you: Adaptable, spontaneous and indecisive.
    Favorite hobbies: Karaoking, ebaying and swimming.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? It was a dream come true to model abroad because I never got a chance to study abroad during college. When the opportunity came, I didnít think twice about it and jumped right in. I learned so much about myself by being on my own and away from everything Iíve ever known.
    What famous person reminds you of yourself? Iíve never actually seen the show but Dennis always says that I remind him of Lucy from ďI Love Lucy.Ē
    What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Ross Geller from ďFriends.Ē
    What scares you most about traveling? For the most part, traveling doesnít scare me. If I could do one thing for the rest of my life, it would be to travel. However, I can admit that Iím slightly concerned that I wonít know what the countryís laws are and Iíll get thrown into their jail for doing something thatís so normal over here in the states. I should really reconsider watching episodes of ďLocked Up Abroad.Ē
    What excites you most about traveling? Itís a guaranteed adventure. I canít stand being at home because everyone has the same mundane updates about their lives. I want to do things that only a rare handful can do. Once youíre in a new environment, new experiences are to be had, and even the crazy ones make good stories later.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Dennis likes to plan every little thing while Iím easygoing and carefree and will improvise things on a whim. Heís not as spontaneous but heís open to the idea of it so long as I can convince him.
    Pet peeve about your teammate: He constantly reminds me about how I donít do anything around the house, but itís a work in progress and Iím really working on it!

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? The Maldives is my #1 dream destination because every single photo I have seen of this place is heaven. I have to get there before it goes under water completely! And also, I can never say no to Vietnam. Itís where my family is from, itís where I lived for four years and I have a very deep connection to it.
    What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? My dream is to live all over the world. Not just traveling it, but LIVING all over it. And as unrealistic as that may sound to a lot of people, I know itís possible. Iíve had a taste of it and I want to live abroad again. I like having as few possessions as possible because I really think thatís what weighs us down in life. Dennis has agreed that heíd be willing to go for it but sometimes Iím not sure if heís just saying that to appease me. He can be so calculative that I think it really holds him back from doing the ďcarpe diemĒ things in life. He doesnít even think we have that much stuff together while I think we have TOO much stuff. I want him to do ďThe Amazing RaceĒ with me so heíll become more free-spirited and wonít have to feel so calculated about living all over the world with me.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/214929/
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-19-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread