+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS Has an "Amazing" Thursday

CBS Has an "Amazing" Thursday

CBS HAS AN "AMAZING" THURSDAY

Nearly 10 Million Viewers Show Up At The Starting Gate for the Premiere of "The Amazing Race 4"

"The Amazing Race" Posts Its Highest Rated and Most Watched Premiere Since the Debut of "The Amazing Race 1" in September 2001

CBS Wins Thursday in Viewers, Households, Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49

CBS had an "amazing" Thursday, winning the night in viewers, households, adults 25-54 and adults 18-49 as the start of THE AMAZING RACE 4 posted its highest rated and most watched premiere episode since the series' inaugural race and a rebroadcast of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION was the night's most watched program and highest rated in households, adults 25-54 and adults 18-49 (tie), according to final Nielsen ratings for May 29.

The 90-minute premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 4 (P) posted a 6.5/11 with 9.94m viewers, 3.1/11 in adults 18-34, 3.7/12 in adults 18-49 and 4.4/12 in adults 25-54. From 8:00-9:30PM, THE AMAZING RACE 4 was second in household, viewers and key demos. This is the highest rated and most watched THE AMAZING RACE premiere since the series' first broadcast on 9/5/01.

From its first half-hour to its final half-hour THE AMAZING RACE gained 2.52 million spectators (8.91m to 11.43m).

For the night, CBS was first in households (7.7/13), viewers (11.65m), adults 25-54 (5.1/14) and adults 18-49 (4.4/13).

Leo
    Premium Member
    Good news - I think. I still don't like the fact that Friends replays did somewhat better. On the other hand, I consider the fact that the viewership went up from the starting figures a very good omen.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think the trend is usually the number decreases after the premiere, but since there wasn't a lot of upfront promotion prompting newbies to tune in, maybe it will be the opposite, and they'll build on word-of-mouth. (lord knows CBS isn't going to help us out)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I just hope people won't be put off by the fact the show can be a little hard to follow in the early episode as there are so many teams.

Please stick with the show folks, it's so worth it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

All this talk is preaching to the choir: likely >90% of this board's readers have already been won over by the show. [If not, where are the negative posts?] A '7 degrees of separation email based campaign' is, however, well within our reach and affordable, if not essentially free to those already subscribe or having access to the internet.

But again how many of them have neilson boxes?

I'd like to know how TPTB came up with the numbers for neilson ratings and if that is the only way networks determine who is watching what.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Neilsen ratings are reported overnight. A single Neilsen box represents (I forget the exact number), around 103,000 homes. Neilsen families are not allowed to tell anyone they are Neilsen families, and have to be careful about not leaving the TV on, etc.

It's currently the only way the networks have of getting viewer data, although the rise in TiVo sets has helped, because TiVo can report who's recorded which shows, and even can tell who has rewound to watch a particular segment multiple times.

yay, lots of peeps here have a TiVo
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Because we're cool and advanced.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    Why can't they tell people they have Nielsen boxes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast