+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: 5/18 TAR 24: All-Stars FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/18 TAR 24: All-Stars FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Very happy ending i was going crazy at the end when the put a commercial break right before the team landed i couldnt tell who it was. Wow who would have ever thought Dave and Connor would have won the whole race. Very happy for them. This was a really good episode it was nice to have a night time finale too in beautiful Las Vegas.
    Florimel, Photobabe and Jaceegirl like this.

I will say that out of the three, I wanted Dave and Connor to win, then Jen and Caroline. Dave and Connor had been dominate the whole season and I like it when the stronger of the teams wins, but Jen and Caroline earned my respect for being the first time to make it all around the world with two speedbumps (folks forget that too in lieu of Dave being the oldest winner of the show and both of them the first father/son team).

A few points:

1. I miss the memory challenge, but I do like they had a detailed oriented challenge by having to count lightbulbs as they were placing them in the sign. It wasn't an easy number either given it ended in odd numbers, not to mention the height issue.

And for all intents and purposes, trying to find a needle in a haystack of the final pit stop in an electronic marquee in marquee capital of the world is difficult. Seconds here really did count, which made for a nice finish.

2. David Copperfield didn't bother me, because they've had several celebrities on this show in the last leg. That said, I think it was a bit exaggerated because this was a trick that's pretty easy to figure out when critical thinking is applied (not that Mensa stuff Brendon likes to use - too many words for a simple straightforward answer ).

3. I liked the skydiving end, and they kept the two a distance away so they didn't reveal who was coming down. I'd like to know though how close it was between the two. It was obvious though the jumpers weren't too far apart.

4. Kudos to the taxi driver keeping his morals and telling Brendon and Rachel no to stealing the taxi. While I am hoping production didn't interfere with this situation to add to drama, he still could've said yes and ignored what they said. He didn't.

5. They really did edit Brendon and Rachel to be brats this leg didn't they? Dave may have had his issues this season as far as the "old" comments (and the supposed "holier than thou" attitude - which I didn't get: they all showed this at times), bu even then they didn't get THAT bad of an edit in comparison.

And I'd still like to know WHY they would need to win to have kids? If Rachel or Brendon is infertile, yeah, I can understand that (Dave and Uchenna? I think had this issue and it was a reason they raced among others), but just to say have a nanny... I'm glad they have to wait then. It makes me wonder where Rachel's $500,000 has gone toward.

6. I also found it VERY telling that Dave and Connor as well as Jen and Caroline's welcomes to the mat were highly enthusiastic to the point the eliminated contestants were hugging Dave and Connor as they arrived to the mat then the same with Jen and Caroline. Then you get to Brendon and Rachel... and it's just almost polite applause with some whoops. I think there were a LOT of contestants not happy they were in the race, and it showed.

Not a bad season, but I DO think that these contestants need to go on to bigger and better things. Several were racing three times and that is a bit much even for them. They also need to wait a bit longer to have another All-Stars to have enough racers to have a complete list of just second time racers.
    waywyrd, Photobabe and Jaceegirl like this.

Does this mean that Brenden and Rachael will not reproduce?
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Rachel just said that they would have to wait until Brendon finishes school. I just checked online to see if the second and third place winners receive anything. Second place gets $25,000, and Third place gets $10,000. All of the contestants up to 11th place gets some money, the longer they last, the more they receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient City View Post
    Ugh - I hate it when the holier-the-thou team wins...
    I didn't mind, I actually thought the ending was pretty anti climactic though . I mean didn't we really know they were going to win? Something about him still bothers me, I hope we never see him run again!!! oh, wait he is too *** to run again LOL

OTOH we don't see any baby brenchals for awhile, it wouldn't surprise me if after all this baby talk, they aren't having a baby
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient City View Post
    Ugh - I hate it when the holier-the-thou team wins...
    Uh ... they didn't they came in third.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Please no! If she behaves this way when losing a race, can you imagine watching her in labor? I cringe at the prospect of ever seeing her on my tv again at all, but in labor?????
    No way, no how do I want to see a green sequined spawn coming out of Rachel's va jay jay while she is screaming and crying. That is about the worst torture ever invented.

Luv'd the outcome, glad to see the girls do as well as they did and wouldn't Brendon have been penalized if he had managed to steal the girl's cab?

So nice to see Brendon and Rachel's true colors come out during this leg wonder how they will justify it. Oh, yes, she wants a baby.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-19-2014 at 02:16 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was for team Rachel and Brendon but I'm not unhappy that Dave and Conner won. They deserved it. Even though Rachel tends to whine and has entitlement issues, I like them. They were behind from the get-go and their taxi-driver certainly didn't help. That is one of those things that are the luck of the draw. When it is the finale, it is particularly disheartening. I don't actually fault them for wanting to try and steal the other cab. It's been done a number of times before by contestants. It wasn't nice of them, but it was a race and there was nothing in the rules that said they couldn't. All of the teams left, played as hard as they could these last few weeks and they all earned a place in the finale. I'm glad the other teams stayed around to clap and congratulate them on their 3rd place ending. It was getting dark by the time that Brendon skydived in.
    Punkin, teatime, Moontat and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Uh ... they didn't they came in third.
    Fist bumps Bearcata!
    NCLurker, Florimel and Duckyface like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I enjoyed the final episode as I wanted Dave and Connor to win from the start. I thought at first I missed having the memory challenge, but they have had that a lot so all in all it was nice to have something different and what better place to end the race then Las Vegas with a parachute jump. I liked the light challenge as well and boy were they high up.

Congratulations to both Dave and Connor. They really were the strongest team since they won the most legs during the race as well. I like it when a team who has raced strong all the way through ends up winning at the end. Dave and Connor have gone through a lot of challenges - like both having cancer and as Dave said tonight they thought they were going to lose Connor. The last time they raced Dave tore his Achilles tendon which ended the race for them. It was nice to see that things worked out for them this time. The first parent and child team to ever win the race.
    redsox girl and Photobabe like this.

I was able to tell from the light bulb challenge that it was going to be Dave/Connor. TPTB tried to make it seem close, but I don't think it was. The cab driver really did make a difference for Brendan/Rachel and then once again NOT reading the clue. I seldom read the bios of the contestants and was surprised to see Dave was only 58, he made it sound like he was much older. Hopefully the next season will be new players.
    teatime likes this.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread