+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: 5/18 TAR 24: All-Stars FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/18 TAR 24: All-Stars FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Given how the Family Edition was a complete bust, I think they would absolutely like everyone to forget that it ever happened!
    I either missed that one, or saw part of it and blocked it from my memory
    mushybrain likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    If that were any other contestant people would applaud them, but RAchel is just doing it to have a nanny? Seriously?
    At risk of the horse becoming dust... I'll just say that in defense of myself, I know I would not applaud anyone else.. I would still think it's weird, so please don't decide how I would view anyone else who said they were doing it to have a baby.

For the record, I don't even think it's TRUE that Brenchel wanted the money to have a baby, only that they were trying to create a story for themselves that no one was buying for a minute.
    Florimel, Duckyface and jucamer like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Well this was for me the most lacklustre, underwhelming and disappointing finale ever. Of course it did not help that my 3 fav teams as in the Cowboys, The Globetrotters and the Afghaninmals were not in it. Instead 2 of my least fav teams were in it, as in Dave(with his false sense of elder entitlement, and his middle school mean girls actions and play) and the obnoxious Blondes, who could barely make a step without someone holding their hand and guiding them along. I found Brenchel to be the most palatable of the final 3, for me. I too missed the memory challenge. Thanks
    Karey
    march, xcptnl and tinderbox like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2 View Post
    Well this was for me the most lacklustre, underwhelming and disappointing finale ever. Of course it did not help that my 3 fav teams as in the Cowboys, The Globetrotters and the Afghaninmals were not in it. Instead 2 of my least fav teams were in it, as in Dave(with his false sense of elder entitlement, and his middle school mean girls actions and play) and the obnoxious Blondes, who could barely make a step without someone holding their hand and guiding them along. I found Brenchel to be the most palatable of the final 3, for me. I too missed the memory challenge. Thanks
    Karey
    That's pretty much how I felt. I wish this show would leave it in the capable hands of the racers, there will be enough drama without putting words in their mouths( literally) it should go careful, it might start losing viewers like other shows.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's amazing how PC everyone went on some of the racers. Who cares? Isn't half the fun watching and listening to folks blow up and get frustrated. These folks are not professional athletes or actors who understand how stuff gets out of context because they are constantly being filmed. They are not used to having to censor every word they say because millions of folks will watch and nitpit everything they do or say. If that incident in Italy where Dave and Connor were U Turned had been aired without the producers airing Dave's comments would anyone have had changed their opinions of him? Don't think so.

Fun season, great finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm Happy Connor and Dave won. I felt happy watching them compete together and Dave's comments about Connor being in the ICU just three years ago, struck a deep emotional chord.
    It must be an amazing experience and regardless of where a team finished I doubt they carry animosity toward others. It must be a rare occurrence.
    I enjoyed every team at some point (well, maybe not the twins so much) and I appreciated the diverse personalities. I could relate to everyone of them at one point or another.
    I thought Rachel was badly treated by Brendon and I understood those tears when he was baring down on her. And honestly, the whole, we need a million for our baby, cracked me up. I didn't appreciate Brendon trying to steal the taxi, but my hats off to one loyal cabdriver.
    In the end, I guess I imagined my Dad and I doing this together and so my heart couldn't help be with father and child. I'll probably not have the opportunity , so it was great to live vicariously through Dave and Connor. They truly love one another, that came through. That's what I appreciated and focused on.
    But, hats off to everyone, regardless. TAR isn't a picnic-lack of sleep, a non stop pace, physical, psychological and intellectual exhaustion coupled by frustration brought on by the pressure of not coming in last. Anyone who can make it through all of that w/o turning into a weeping ball in the corner of a room has my respect.
    Photobabe likes this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I found the finale underwhelming as well but more because it lacked that close racing that makes you sit on the edge of your seat, wondering who is going to win. They were racing far enough apart that there was no race to the cluebox because the next team was 2 steps behind you going on and it just seemed like there was no place to catch up if you did fall behind. I kind of wonder if they thought the light bulb task was going to be harder then it ended up being, cause they all guessed correctly on the first try (except for Dave & Conner but they were allowed to re-guess right away and got it). If they had wanted to make that one harder and give other teams a chance to catch up to others teams they could have had it that if you guessed wrong you had to start over on another letter. That way they couldn't just keep guessing if they got it wrong.
    holly71, tinderbox and Midol like this.

Well, overall, I would say it was a really good and memorable season, if not exactly a memorable finale. I was waiting for them to have to eat 5 pounds of...well, not sure what that'd be in Vegas...and then a memory challenge, which I always like because I have a hard time remembering! In regards to sniping or poor choices of words or whatever, I try to remind myself how exhausted and sensory-overloaded everyone must be by a certain point. I admit, I wasn't thrilled when Dave and Connor got caught up w/the u-turn thing, and catty about Brenchel, BUT I am glad for them, for their bond and what they've overcome and the way their first season ended. (Off topic, but I was really thrown off by comments about their being Mormon, but, whatever.) I agree w/whoever posted that Brenchel had won them over this time...and then everything spewed forth for the finale. Nerves, I'm sure, but I was put off. Feel sorry for them because they ran a pretty good race to that point. The country singers...said it couple times before, I loved them their first season, but was put off by the damsel in distress routine this time. Not even sure if they did the same thing last time but I really wonder what would have happened if the Cowboys gave the Express Pass to someone else.

Anyway, it was a pretty neat season, but please, no more All Stars, for awhile! :-)
    captain likes this.

http://robhasawebsite.com/amazing-ra...-jen-caroline/

Great exits interviews from Dave and Connor, Caroline and Jen and Brendan and Rachel.
    redsox girl likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    http://robhasawebsite.com/amazing-ra...-jen-caroline/

Great exits interviews from Dave and Connor, Caroline and Jen and Brendan and Rachel.
    You bugged it up.

---> Here is the real one. <---

+ Reply to Thread