+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: 5/18 TAR 24: All-Stars FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/18 TAR 24: All-Stars FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I found the finale anti climatic as well. No memory challenge? That's my favorite one to watch during the last leg. Meh - I just didn't really feel any excitement last night. "Who is it who's coming down first???" Come on, it was clearly Dave. At least the girls were pretty close behind, but it was all way to calm for me last night lol.
    I agree Mesa, we were pretty ho hum last night, I think we only watched it as we had watched all year. I am hoping for a great survivor finale, but then
    teatime and jucamer like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by xtremist View Post
    Am I the only one that found the finale anti-climatic? It was a linear leg with not much room for catch-ups or screw-ups, and there isn't even a memory challenge - which has the potential to make-or-break teams in the final leg (eg make: Josh and Brent, break: Chippendales).

Also, according to the Wikipedia page, Connor performed 8 roadblocks to Dave's 5. Ever since the Roadblock rule has been in place from Season 6, nobody has performed more than 7 roadblocks in a season. Is the roadblock rule still in play?
    No you're not the only one, in fact most of the FORT regulars are disappointed about the last challenge where they have to boringly find a sign instead of doing a memory challenge. The linearity of the challenges just didn't give much room for other teams to catch up. Basically, if you don't pay attention (like Brenchal did) and get unlucky with a cab driver (as Brenchal did too) then you're basically SOL. The girls managed to get close to D&C only because they have a terrific cab driver. I bet if the situation were reversed, the country girls' cab driver would have let them steal their cab because they are attactive girls and they can use their charm. Brenchal managed to get the worst driver in Vegas...LOL! Note to future racers...never get an old lady cab driver that will cost you the race.

The memory challenge creates a lot of tension and drama at the very end of the race. It's a very crucial point in the leg that usually is the game decider. If you never paid attention to some details in the cities that you went to, it would cost you the game. Not only that, sometimes there is a physical puzzle that comes with the memory challenge that makes it even more exciting.

Disappointed too that only one person can do the helicopter ride, when the one in the helicopter found the sign, it should have returned to pick up the other person and both of them should have skydived to the finish line (Note to the producers).

I thought there was a rule too that a team member should do at least 6 roadblocks, so that they can choose wisely who does it. This rule was put in place because...I think it was the 1st season, one team had one person (the male member) do all except 1 roadblock and they won the race.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 05-19-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    teatime, Moontat and Midol like this.

When I heard Phil say that Dave and Conner were the first father/son team to win I had to check back to see who won the season everyone forgets about "the family edition". I guess I totally forgot that it was the brothers/sister team that won. Of course it wasn't fair having a team of college kids against teams with young kids.

I am surprised that they haven't brought back any of the team members from the "Family Edition". You think by now they would bring back say the youngest kids from that episode or the kids from the Weavers (not saying the Weavers per say, just using them as an example) or something like that just to say they aren't totally ignoring the fact the family edition ever happened.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yeah, that was such a letdown for an All-Stars finale. Like others, I was expecting a memory challenge. I think they thought the magic trick and helicopter ride would be enough bells and whistles for the finale but it wasn't. I would have preferred to see a final challenge that took some time and skill to complete. Neither challenge was really all that challenging.

I wonder how many times the teams had to recount the lightbulbs, or did they get it right away.
    There's no place like home!

I'm obviously in the minority, but I enjoyed the finale. I thought the David Copperfield challenge was great TV and the light bulb and sky dives were fun to watch. I did chuckle a little thinking how they all had probably spent a lot of their travel time from London to Vegas studying their notes for the memory challenge that didn't happen.
    Punkin, Florimel, Bearcata and 5 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    (i.e. Big Easy being such a giant he couldn't ride an amusement park ride his first season, or the guy - I think pro hockey player - who wasn't allowed to skydive)
    Big Easy was disallowed from performing a Road Block this season as well. I think it was with the zip wires.

What I do know is that if a single leg has 2 road blocks, each contestant must do one of the road blocks, so both contestants had to do a road block in this finale episode. Usually it only happens early on.

Also, TAR: Canada had a father-son combo win the first season.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Finale is in Vegas and apparently Branchel live there. From what I remember, any time people live, have lived or are really familiar with the final city, they don't win. Let's see if the theory holds.
    Actually no. The Beekman Boys won in New York, and both had lived there and one of them still worked in the City at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    That really irks me. Friday night is where shows go to die.
    Not necessarily. Blue Bloods is one of the top 10 shows consistently and Hawaii 5-0 actually got a bump in ratings when they moved to Friday. Shark Tank is another show that has consistently good ratings on Friday.

I think in a way Friday is good for TAR because there's no worry with what time the show will start since football won't precede it.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Brenchel trying to steal Caroline and Jenn's driver. The driver has more integrity than they do, so he turned them down.

Attila the Hun has more integrity than they do.
    Oh please! Integrity wasn't a part as much as them being cute blondes. I bet if that had been another team who wasn't so fortunate looking, then the cab driver would have jumped at it as long as Brenden paid him what the team owed them.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-19-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I found the finale anti climatic as well. No memory challenge? That's my favorite one to watch during the last leg. Meh - I just didn't really feel any excitement last night. "Who is it who's coming down first???" Come on, it was clearly Dave. At least the girls were pretty close behind, but it was all way to calm for me last night lol.
    I agree with you. I wasn't wild about the finale and didn't think they had as much content as usual. I do think they need to bring back the memory challenge and not allow the use of notes. I have to wonder if they took it out because so many contestants had caught on and were making good notes throughout the race. That made the memory challenge more boring to watch.

I also applaud Brenchel for not bringing a baby into this world before they were financially prepared. Sure she won half a million on BB but they did buy a house with that money. In Los Angeles, that's not cheap. Then add on property taxes (HUGE in Southern California) and insurance (we need fire, ,flood, mud, and earthquake in these parts), and I'm sure her quarter of a million after taxes is being used to cover those expenses. I really don't think it's about having a nanny or gucci clothes. I really think they want to be in a good place financially to have a child. If that were any other contestant people would applaud them, but RAchel is just doing it to have a nanny? Seriously?
    Punkin, xcptnl, Photobabe and 2 others like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    I am surprised that they haven't brought back any of the team members from the "Family Edition". You think by now they would bring back say the youngest kids from that episode or the kids from the Weavers (not saying the Weavers per say, just using them as an example) or something like that just to say they aren't totally ignoring the fact the family edition ever happened.
    Given how the Family Edition was a complete bust, I think they would absolutely like everyone to forget that it ever happened!
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread