+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: 5/11 TAR 24: Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/11 TAR 24: Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I still don't get it - why is that bad? We have had other teams race that were going to be the first at something if they won and mentioned it several times. How many times did Brenchel mention the baby part? I'm sorry I don't understand why saying one is old is a bad thing. I'm old and have said it many times. Does that make me a bad person?
    No. It makes you a perfectly normal, well-adjusted human being. It's a completely relatable phrase, whether one is 30, 40, 60 or 90. A few people are bothered by it, but it's the minority. If saying it makes someone irritating or whatever negative trait is being attached to it, then I'd say 99 percent of humanity is as `whiney' as Dave.
    Florimel, Duckyface and Jaceegirl like this.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
    And why all the hate for Rachel and Brandon about being on multiple reality shows. It seems like all the rage now. Boston Rob was in AR. I think there have been others as well. I wish they would not do it but you cannot blame them. They are asked to do it so why not say yes?
    It's not so much about them being in all these shows, as how they behave about it. They act like they're entitled to it, that they're somehow professionals who are deserving to be on the show over others, and act like it's a blessing from them to us to be on our television.

As for the boot sizes, I don't know if it has multiple sizes, but she clearly said they needed size 9 or 11, and once she got a pair of boots, she clearly said they were size 10. From that moment I was already hoping the penalty for their mistake would be enough for the Afghanimals to overtake them, but it wasn't meant to be.

As for helping the blondes, if they didn't help the blondes earlier on, and the blondes would've been eliminated, another team would remain in the race in their place, quite likely a stronger race. Carrying the weaker races with you to the final leg can be a proper strategy! It didn't pan out for them, but that's not to say the idea itself is stupid.
    redsox girl and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    No. It makes you a perfectly normal, well-adjusted human being. It's a completely relatable phrase, whether one is 30, 40, 60 or 90. A few people are bothered by it, but it's the minority. If saying it makes someone irritating or whatever negative trait is being attached to it, then I'd say 99 percent of humanity is as `whiney' as Dave.
    I am over 60, and nobody I hang with whines about being over 60, thank goodness also some of the over 80s that I volunteer with don't even say it, however they are not on TAR
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-12-2014 at 07:50 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm sorry for your loss. My Dad jokes about being old. I hope he gets to do that for many more years. He's a wonderful man, who is loved and respected deeply, by many. He's my role model. I'm grateful for every day we have him. I can only imagine how you feel.
    I 'm just glad Dave and Connor are able to race together, since both had to battle cancer. In fact, as I've written before I don't have anything negative to say about the teams. I'm I'm pretty sure it's easier to run the race sitting in the comfort of my own home so I'm not going to read negatively into what the contestants say because it's only human nature to express exasperation in competitive situations that are grueling. Even in everyday life. We all do it.
    Take care.
    I think that is why I like Dave and Connor so much. I can relate to them on so many levels. Having cancer myself for the 3rd time is one of them. That may be why I wished Brendon would have finished his PhD and gone on to cure cancer. That was something I remember him saying when he was on BB the first time. I am so glad that Dave and Connor were able to do this race together. Another reason I relate to Dave is I lost my Dad at the age of 46 when I was young and missed out on being able to do so many things with him. To see Dave and Connor share that experience together was just wonderful. I would love to have had my Dad around long enough to be able to say he was old. I guess that is why I didn't mind it one bit when Dave mentioned being old. When Dave said winning the race was not for me, but for Connor that really touched me. Like you my Dad was my role model and was loved by all who knew him. He was kind and generous and always helped others. In many ways Dave reminds me of an older version of my Dad.

I hope that you have many, many more years with your Dad. He sounds like a wonderful man.
    redsox girl and Duckyface like this.

The horse is dead, Shot multiple times, beaten senseless, tanned and turned into stuffing for a wing backed chair.
    Punkin and Jaceegirl like this.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

The horse is dead, Shot multiple times, beaten senseless, tanned and turned into stuffing for a wing backed chair.
    Absolutely!!!!
    Punkin likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I found out last night that if you make pithy comments during the early airing of the show, you can really rack up points on your "Like" count. LOL.

And as far as Dave's "old" comments . . . I'm 67. I always say I'm just old on the outside.
    Punkin, waywyrd, GabbyG and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I found out last night that if you make pithy comments during the early airing of the show, you can really rack up points on your "Like" count. LOL.

And as far as Dave's "old" comments . . . I'm 67. I always say I'm just old on the outside.
    Even after the show you get a like
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

I just love the word "pithy" - thanks Bill O'Reilly!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    My final comment on this need the money to have a baby business. There is a MASSIVE difference between wanting to be stable financially before having a child and saying you NEED a million dollars in order to have one! One million dollars.... maybe they have set their standards a wee tad high.

I certainly did not have a million dollars before having kids... they are turning out fine. I also had a brother-in-law and wife who had kids WHILE they were in university. Those kids are now grown up and AWEsome.

This "reason" of Brenchel's to win is annoying and weird, just like them.
    I don't watch BB - but didn't she already win that - what was the prize? Certainly enough to pay for a few years worth of diapers!
    Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread