+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: 5/11 TAR 24: Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/11 TAR 24: Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He has sure mentioned the old part a lot
    I still don't get it - why is that bad? We have had other teams race that were going to be the first at something if they won and mentioned it several times. How many times did Brenchel mention the baby part? I'm sorry I don't understand why saying one is old is a bad thing. I'm old and have said it many times. Does that make me a bad person?
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I'm so annoyed that the blondies are still in it! I'll be OK with Brenchel or D/C winning, but pleassssse not these 2! But hey, maybe this will be a lesson to future racers to RACE FOR YOURSELF! Don't help other teams along just because you think you can beat them at the end. Those girls wouldn't even have gotten through that 2nd (?) leg if the Cowboys hadn't given them the EP. And they wouldn't have gotten through many tasks in the subsequent legs if not for having help from everyone around them (ugh!)

Say what you will about the Brenchel's, but they have run their OWN race, no "alliances", no "help"...I wouldn't have a problem at all if they win it.

I hated Afghanimals first time around, but this time they didn't grate on me. I felt bad for them getting knocked out at 4th. I felt worse that the blondies were in the top 3 though. God please let them come in 3rd (that's the only thing I can hope at this point)
    I agree with all of this. Get outta my head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    holly71 and Punkin like this.

FORT Fan

I don't have any issues with Brandon and Rachel mentioning if they win they will start a family. I am guessing they feel this will make them stable financially. And I have no issues with someone not wanting to start a family until they feel secure financially. You hear many times people complaining about people having babies then needing assistance from the government. I think it's smart wanting to be stable financially before having children.

Moontat and Jezebella like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
    I don't have any issues with Brandon and Rachel mentioning if they win they will start a family. I am guessing they feel this will make them stable financially. And I have no issues with someone not wanting to start a family until they feel secure financially. You hear many times people complaining about people having babies then needing assistance from the government. I think it's smart wanting to be stable financially before having children.

Me too. They haven't said it too much.Enough, but not every week. Heck before they know it, they will be like Dave - old!!!!
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Not half as much as you have

LOL , I think someone else has mentioned it. I do it when Dave does, do you know just how many times he said it last night( in one night??)

My father was 69 when he passed, and he never once said he was old, never! I admire that man
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't have a strong preference as to who wins. Dave and Connor seem nice enough and have run a good race. They deserve to win.

Brenchel...I have never watched BB so didn't start out prejudiced against them. They have raced hard and received no help. I don't hold it against Rachel for breaking down after her stupid boot mistake. I'm sure if that had been me I would have cried too. They raced entirely on their own, with no help from anyone. They deserve to win.

Then there's the country girls. The are almost stereotypical dumb blonds. They are very good at charming folks (especially guys) into giving them what they want. Had they bad mouthed the guys in their confessional I would have hated them, but they didn't. In fact they seemed to genuinely like everyone except Brenchel. It is very true that, without help they would have been gone long ago, but it is not their fault that the other teams chose to help them. I say, good for them!!!! I think they are every bit as deserving of the win as any of the remaining teams.
    Punkin and Jaceegirl like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
    My final comment on this need the money to have a baby business. There is a MASSIVE difference between wanting to be stable financially before having a child and saying you NEED a million dollars in order to have one! One million dollars.... maybe they have set their standards a wee tad high.

I certainly did not have a million dollars before having kids... they are turning out fine. I also had a brother-in-law and wife who had kids WHILE they were in university. Those kids are now grown up and AWEsome.

This "reason" of Brenchel's to win is annoying and weird, just like them.
    waywyrd and Jaceegirl like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    My final comment on this need the money to have a baby business. There is a MASSIVE difference between wanting to be stable financially before having a child and saying you NEED a million dollars in order to have one.

I certainly did not have a million dollars before having kids... they are turning out fine.

This "reason" of Brenchel's to win is annoying and weird, just like them.
    I wonder if she is already pregnant, she was on BB Canada, and I think she glowed.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LOL , I think someone else has mentioned it. I do it when Dave does, do you know just how many times he said it last night( in one night??)

My father was 69 when he passed, and he never once said he was old, never! I admire that man
    I'm sorry for your loss. My Dad jokes about being old. I hope he gets to do that for many more years. He's a wonderful man, who is loved and respected deeply, by many. He's my role model. I'm grateful for every day we have him. I can only imagine how you feel.
    I 'm just glad Dave and Connor are able to race together, since both had to battle cancer. In fact, as I've written before I don't have anything negative to say about the teams. I'm I'm pretty sure it's easier to run the race sitting in the comfort of my own home so I'm not going to read negatively into what the contestants say because it's only human nature to express exasperation in competitive situations that are grueling. Even in everyday life. We all do it.
    Take care.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss. My Dad jokes about being old. I hope he gets to do that for many more years. He's a wonderful man, who is loved and respected deeply, by many. He's my role model. I'm grateful for every day we have him. I can only imagine how you feel.
    I 'm just glad Dave and Connor are able to race together, since both had to battle cancer. In fact, as I've written before I don't have anything negative to say about the teams. I'm I'm pretty sure it's easier to run the race sitting in the comfort of my own home so I'm not going to read negatively into what the contestants say because it's only human nature to express exasperation in competitive situations that are grueling. Even in everyday life. We all do it.
    Take care.
    Yes, my father passed away from cancer, and he was a runner, very athletic. He beat cancer once, and like I said never said he was old. I wanted the cowboys to win. With these three remaining, I really don't care, as you says its easier sitting in a comfy chair
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread