+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: 5/4 TAR 24 : Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/4 TAR 24 : Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

Ah, darn. Understood why Leo and Jamal u-turned the Cowboys but it sucks. Maybe I misinterpreted, but it sure seemed like the "accidental alliance" agreed to u-uturn Brenchel? The singers made a comment (I thought) about how L&J would u-turn Brenchel and they should be ok. The worst on the cowboys going out, they would have done fine with the flamenco, I think, and maybe done it quicker. Heck, many of the teams would have been better off with the dancing. Seems to be anyone's game, now. I think L&J underestimate Brenchel, they've raced pretty well (with some whining). Agree with jadewarlock, I didn't see what the Cowboys said as being whining; I was a little afraid it was foreshadowing when near the beginning, Jet and Cord talked about staying out of the Brenchel drama...
    teatime likes this.

Actually, the cowboys said a bit more than that. They basically said that the Afghanimals weren't playing with integrity, and they were disappointed in them for doing it (and a couple more things that suggested they were morally superior). It wasn't too much different than "Saint Dave's" initial reaction. The difference is that we won't be hearing them continue to go on and on about it, so they won't be put in the same category as Dave.

I don't begrudge them feeling disappointed about getting U-Turned and leaving the race as a result. I don't even begrudge them "getting up on their high horse" about it and implying that they wouldn't have done it. I just think it's interesting how we interpret things in different ways depending on how much we like the people saying them. (I'm not a Dave fan, by the way. Not against him but not particularly for him either.)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Actually, the cowboys said a bit more than that. They basically said that the Afghanimals weren't playing with integrity, and they were disappointed in them for doing it (and a couple more things that suggested they were morally superior). It wasn't too much different than "Saint Dave's" initial reaction. The difference is that we won't be hearing them continue to go on and on about it, so they won't be put in the same category as Dave.

I don't begrudge them feeling disappointed about getting U-Turned and leaving the race as a result. I don't even begrudge them "getting up on their high horse" about it and implying that they wouldn't have done it. I just think it's interesting how we interpret things in different ways depending on how much we like the people saying them. (I'm not a Dave fan, by the way. Not against him but not particularly for him either.)
    Except St Dave seems to bring it up every- single- week, I wish he would build a bridge and get over it. Oh and take the others with him I loved that the Cowboys said they were not getting involved with Brenchal and Dave classy
    I loved that he rode the horse away, how fitting
    holly71, ginger2, pikachu and 2 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Dave's comments about being old.

I don't think he should get a pass on anything, so I kind of rolled my eyes when he told the bull-runner guys to go easy on him because he was old. (Same with Rachel thinking they should go easier on her because she is female.)

On the other hand, as someone who is a couple of years older than he is, I get where he's coming from when he says that the bull activity is "a young man's game." No matter how good of shape a person is in, and Dave seems to be in pretty good shape, older bodies just aren't as resilient. Bones break more easily, tendons tear. There's just more mileage, and I don't resent him for pointing that out sometimes. I think he's just feeling grateful that he's still running with the youngsters, and I'm pretty impressed.

Sixty isn't ancient, but it's at least 15 - 20 years past physical prime. All of the other remaining competitors are in their prime, so good for him for keeping up (and sometimes being ahead).

Speaking of Rachel....

She was really whiney this leg. I didn't see her earlier race or her BB gigs, so I hadn't seen that part of her. I can now understand why people found her unlikeable.
    My dad jokes about being old in the exact same tone as Dave. He isn't whining. Neither is Dave. IMO, people are running with a very typical statement made by folks who are a certain age and constantly complaining about it as whining. It isn't. I hear nothing in his voice that even hints at whining. It's like people saying "Oh God, I feeeel sooo old" when playing a physical game. People do it all the time. No one is actually whining.
    norealityhere and Jaceegirl like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Don't like the Afghanimals at all.
    Like them even less for u-turning the Cowboys.
    Oh my gravy. I'm going to miss the Cowboys.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 05-05-2014 at 12:44 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Don't like the Afghanimals at all.
    Like them even less for u-turning the Cowboys.
    Oh my gravy. I'm going to miss the Cowboys.
    I am as well I wish they had never told the blondes where the clue was, fer cripes sake let them look
    holly71, Miss_Griss and jucamer like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'll be happy for whoever wins. I can only imagine how badly I'd be torn apart if I ran this race lol You bet I'd be saying "Be nice, I'm a girl" or if I was sixty I'd be saying "Stop picking on the old person" Or I'd have some sort of melt down because I'm very emotional or I'd help people or I'd say something in frustration that I didn't mean. I'd be a train wreck. I'm sleep deprived as it is, so I can only imagine my cranky, foggy state of mind on this show. Yup, I'd `whine' about running into a U-turn, due to stress, anxiety, exhaustion and my nervous nature. So, I think based on knowing myself , being honest about who I can be when overwhelmed, I can't really look at any of these contestants and judge them negatively based on behavior that I don't view as a true reflection of who they are as complete human beings. I'd still be nice to people, though. Help them. That's also a part of my nature. So, how can I hold any of these folks to a different standard? They are just people.

Also, I have no sense of direction. And I'm frail. And when I'm really thirsty I get cranky. Wow, I'd be one hot mess. And I cry easily. I don't do well with rude people and I'd get into some sort of altercation with a contestant who was being rude to the locals. I might even say something snide about another contestant when my sugar leve;s dropped or mky muscles were cramping up or I was experiencing heat exhaustion.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 05-05-2014 at 01:42 AM.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I had a whole post written, but lost it. I didn't think I would get to comment tonight as my computer died and my husband's work station is on the lower floor. I managed to get there, but since I lost what I was going to say I will just say I really am hoping that Dave and Connor win. I really liked them when they first came on AR and were forced to leave due to Dave's injury. I was happy to see that they were back and my opinion of them has not changed one bit.

I don't consider Dave a whiner. I get him and have known several people with his type of humor. I think they are both good people and I think they are terrific racers. What he said during the bull riding comp was not whining at all imo. That comp was no picnic and many of them said different things that showed just how hard it was. When he said to the bull he was an old bull I laughed as I took him to mean he was being funny. Just like when he said I've fallen and I can't get up. When he said it was a young man's game I thought the same thing and was very impressed that he was able to do it.

Best of luck to all of you and whichever team you are hoping to win.
    redsox girl likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I hope Branchel turn the singers.
    Brenchel can't. They already used their u-turn. Once you do it, then you can't do it again. That's why they probably should have waited just to make sure they didn't need it later.
    holly71 likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Ugh. I completely understand why the Afghanimals U-turned Jet and Cord, but I still hate that they did it. I hate it even more that the blondes outlasted the cowboys. The blondes were shocked that Leo and Jamal did not U-turn Brendan and Rachel. Maybe now they will begin to realize that the main reason everyone has been helping them is because they are viewed as a non-threatening team.

Jet and Cord are complete class acts. They appreciated every aspect of the race and how fortunate they were to have been able to travel the world.
    I don't think they get it even after watching the episodes back. They seem to still feel like they're a strong team. I got news for them. You were carried to the end. you'd still be doing Math for the Mustang challenge without help! Any task that requires a brain and they're useless.
    holly71, GabbyG, teatime and 1 others like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread