+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

And jeez Connor, lighten up. Brenden writes a silly note in the condensation and you'd think he'd insulted Connor's mother. They are all taking this way too seriously. That's why I don't think the Globetrotter's were that fussed about it all, they approached the race as something to savour and enjoy. I don't see much of that from D&C.
    He takes after his old man, no sense of humor.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

This is why I would like to have some type of reunion show. At least a question and answer chat after the players are eliminated.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    This is why I would like to have some type of reunion show. At least a question and answer chat after the players are eliminated.
    I would like Phil to do a Q&A like they do after Survivor.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Brachel sabotaged Dave and Conner at the chariot race, then U turned them. I don't have a problem with them being a upset with them and wanting to beat them.
    I know it was edited to appear that Brendon and Rachel intentionally sabotaged Dave and Connor's chariot, and that Dave complained they had done it purposefully, but I don't buy it. It took awhile for all the teams to learn how to control those little devils, and most of them were just plain out of control until they got the hang of it. Factor in additional teams, the rocks, and the wall, and it translated into mass chaos. It would have taken more skill for Brendan and Rachel to crash into D&C intentionally. In addition, they would have been risking putting themselves at a disadvantage to cut them off on purpose. Even Connor said, "You got to the point where you were just crashing into each other's chariots and horses were flying everywhere."
    holly71, Punkin, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    All I remember is that there is a U-turn coming up and the Afganimals have a choice as to who to U-turn.

As for St. Dave...sorry redsox girl...clearly you are a fan, but as the 60 year old man that he keeps telling us he is, I thought it was extremely rude and childish making fun of Rachel like he was. While Brenchel obviously have their own issues, they do not pretend to be saints and above it all. I liked Dave and Connor up until all the whining last week about being u-turned but that, along with the immaturity this week, has them falling out of favour fast. Branchel may not be everyones favourites...nor mine for that matter...but I don't think they need to be made fun of for actually playing the game in the manner that it was designed. Frankly, the rest of them...other than the Cowboys...need to actually realise they are playing a game and get on with it!!!
    Wow, Dave makes a couple of comments and the whole board turns against him.

What he did it not whining. I have seen and heard contestants in other shows that behave way, way, way worse than anything Dave has done. Rachel is a perfect example of being a whiner and Dave is no where near that. Just saying.
    spockwhat and Duckyface like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Wow, Dave makes a couple of comments and the whole board turns against him.

What he did it not whining. I have seen and heard contestants in other shows that behave way, way, way worse than anything Dave has done. Rachel is a perfect example of being a whiner and Dave is no where near that. Just saying.
    I haven't heard Rachel whine that much, if at all. Dave has been a whiner for a few weeks now
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

All of the Rachel imitations were stuff she has said; "the race is supposed to be fuuuuuuuun. Wah". The first time she raced she was almost unbearable.
    This season she's not nearly as bad, but mind you, every time she starts whining, Brendan is right there warning her to stop. They know how much they were despised after their first go at the race and Brenden is working hard to repair their image by keeping Rachel under control. No wonder he seems more patronizing this go around!
    Maybe editing is helping out by cutting the Rachel meltdown scenes as well. It's a guess, I don't know, but she's still an annoying twit.

I'm not pleased with Dave's behaviour but I'm not about to burn him at the stake either. I think for Dave and Conner anyway, they ARE really serious about the race because it kind of got took right out from under them early on last time they were on it. They are also really athletic and competitive people. They aren't my favourites anymore, but I'm not putting them on the bottom either. Mainly I'm ticked at them because they are making BR look better than they are.

This is my list: favourites on top to bottom blah
    Cowboys
    Afghanimals

Dave and Conner

Caroline and Jenn
    Brenden and Rachel.
    Bearcata and Duckyface like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Mr. Sweetpea got a remote control helicopter from a garage sale a couple of weeks ago. It is really difficult to control, and that's just with one person controlling the speed and the direction. I cannot imagine the gong show if two people were trying to coordinate something like the remote control chariots, through rocks and around other teams all trying to learn at the same time. I think Dave and Connor blaming Brenden and Rachel for intentionally sabotaging them during the race was just confirmation bias on their part. I don't like you, your chariot hits mine, ergo you did it on purpose.

I don't think folks have "turned" on Dave and Connor due to one comment. From reading here and around the web, people didn't appreciate Dave's hypocrisy "Sorry we u-turned you Leo and Jamal! It wasn't personal! But can you BELIEVE Brenden and Rachel u-turned us!?? It's not fair! They are bad people!" or his mocking another team or his seeming inability to just suck it up, and move on. Leo and Jamal have now been u-turned three times in total between their original season and this one, and you only saw them focus on getting the task done and getting on with it. Most of the comments I've read online have said that Dave and Connor took it way too personally and harped on it way too long.
    holly71, Punkin, pikachu and 5 others like this.
    Valar Morghulis

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I think, sweetpea, what irks me about the Dave attacks is one often finds it coupled with a counter of "I want Brenden and Rachel to win now!". Dave and Conner have been a pretty decent watch both from their first season and into most of this one. One hypocrisy, some really annoying harping for an episode, and suddenly they are horrible and Brenden and Rachel (arguably some of the most annoying people to have raced) have risen to "I want them them to win!" status?

It astonishes me, though I should say, everyone has a right to change their opinion on a team as they so desire, and if Dave's behaviour is your pet peeve, I could totally understand why you hate him. I'm just not there, myself.
    redsox girl and Duckyface like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

This is my list:
    Cowboys
    Afghanimals

Brenden and Rachel

Dave and Conner
    Caroline and Jenn ( who need help every step of the way)
    The AR Facebook page is really down on Dave!! hmm , yup he wont be a welcome winner should he win( want so cheese with that whine Dave?)
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-28-2014 at 11:13 AM.
    Punkin, GabbyG, Moontat and 1 others like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread