+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

It looked like it was another Double U-Turn. There were two sets of slots. It will be interesting to see who gets U-Turned.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

There's no rule that says you have to u-turn anybody even if you're u-turned. Dave and Connor felt forced because they needed anoter team to be delayed so they might not finish last. They could have u-turned anyone even B&R even thhough that would be a waste since they knew they were ahead of them. Personally I hate the double u-turn. I don't mind the single one but the double one gives the u-turned team too muc potential power.

In the end D&C wasted the u-turn because they helped the people they u-turned stay in it. And now they can't u-turn anyone again. That's why Leo and Jamal will u-turn Brenchhel -- because D&C can't and the girls are way too far behind (unless a great equalizer comes along). B&R can't u-turn anyone so the cowboys will have to play or else it will just be one u-turn used.

And L&J mighht surprise us and u-turn the Cowboys. IMO that's the one team they don't want in the end. And if they do, I hope D&C see it and Dave blows a gasket.

Unless the Cowboys are first, I don't see them u-turning anyone. That's why I feel like only one U-Turn will be used next week. But I'd love it if the Cowboys u-turned D&C or L&J.
    holly71 likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Oh the ever good sport Jenn and Caroline are blaming editing on their juvenile behavior tonight!

Yep it's the editing that had you whining about how hard the math was and it's the editing that made you 6 making fun of someone behind her back on the train. It's all the editors and it's a conspiracy against the accidental alliance. Poor things!
    holly71, Punkin, captain and 3 others like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

When Phil said "MAY be eliminated" when I was expecting a "WILL" instead, I knew it was non-elimination leg. And it looks like Afghanimals are U-turning Brenchel. GOOD!

I don't like them but the whining of D&C was a bit much. They (and the others) must accept that this is a game and Brenchel U-turned them because they wanted to win the leg and they were close behind them. If there was a different team behind Brenchel, then that team would have been U-turned. It was nothing personal. Because of this, I don't want them to win anymore. I like the Cowboys to win it because they are good and they don't get themselves involved in this petty quarrels.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 04-28-2014 at 02:51 AM.
    march and Moontat like this.

I just read an exit interview done with Flight Time and Big Easy and they said if it were them they would not have used the U-turn, but didn't see anything wrong with the fact that Brenchel did. They did mention some bad blood starting back at the gas station task where they all had to fill up those tiny cars as well as the task where they were racing those little motorized cars. They said things like that happen.

What I found more interesting was what we talk about here with the alliances or helping other teams. They actually said that they felt it was a good idea for lots of reasons. They said when you're running with a pack and you know you've got people behind you, as long as you know that you're safe, you don't mind helping somebody else, because you never know when you'll need that other team. They talked about how the 3 teams are working together and how it benefited all of them. They said it makes sense, but unfortunately for them, this time they weren't able to get in that pack, catch up and get some of that help.

They also used the Build the Donkey, and the Spanish Steps tasks as examples, Flight Time said if it wasn't for people helping me with the Spanish Steps, I would still be there right now. He also went on to say they didn't find out how the Donkey one was done until the leg was over and they had been eliminated. He went on to say if you look at it, out of everybody on those six teams and the five of us who were there, only Dave figured out that you had to put the crate on the back for the wood. Everyone else was stumped and would have been stumped. It just goes to show you that when you get in that pack and you're able to get help, it pays off.

We may all have different opinions as to whether we as fans like it, but just another teams take on it. There is nothing in the rules against it and as I mentioned last week the season where the Chippendales were on we had lots of different alliances. It didn't bother me then and it doesn't bother me now. jmho

Regarding the U-turn next week my guess will be the cowboys will be u-turned. I looked it up and they were u-turned by Flight Time and Big Easy and eliminated the last time they raced.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 04-28-2014 at 03:47 AM.
    Duckyface and Photobabe like this.

FORT Fan

Double U-Turn next week! Unless the Brenchels step on the U-Turn mat first, they will be screwed. With all the focus on the "accidental alliance" and Brendon's comment on "karma", I'm pretty sure the Afghanimals will U-Turn the Brenchels.

In that situation:
    - Dave & Connor can't use the U-Turn
    - I don't see the Cowboys U-Turning anyone unless they come in second-to-last at the U-Turn mat
    - If Caroline/Jen steps into the U-Turn mat before Dave/Connor and Cowboys, they'll probably use the U-Turn on a dummy team (eg Afghanimals), to kill off the second U-Turn. Just like in TAR21 with the Chippendales and Trey/Lexi. The alliance wanted to eliminate Abi and Ryan (the supposed stronger team) over Josh and Brent (the supposed weaker team)

Game over, Brenchel? Personally, I hope not as I prefer the Brenchels over Dave/Connor. They have gotten too whiney for my liking the past few legs.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I wonder if there is more to the story of everyone being against Brenchal. There are hours upon hours of film that gets edited down to less than 1 hour for each show. There is so much we don't see that we just can't possibly know all the details of the relationships that develop between teams, or don't as the case may be.
    For two summers of Big Brother I watched them basically alienate themselves from the whole house because of their attitudes. There's a reason people don't tend to get along with those two. I just can't get behind them as the poor, lone wolf beleaguered team that the others are ostracizing. They do this to themselves.
    spockwhat and Duckyface like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    For two summers of Big Brother I watched them basically alienate themselves from the whole house because of their attitudes. There's a reason people don't tend to get along with those two. I just can't get behind them as the poor, lone wolf beleaguered team that the others are ostracizing. They do this to themselves.

When you can't get an audience to like you for any good reason, play the victim card, right?

Unfortunately, for those of us who can see right through BR, the other teams bolstered BR's victim play with their immature behaviour this episode. Instead of complaining and hating, if the other teams just put their heads down and got to work helping each other instead of making such a HUGE point that they were out to get BR... we wouldn't be so disappointed. But they played right into BR's "poor us" game and strengthened it in the eyes of their fans.
    Yuck.

Anyway, I got over my initial disappointment. I'll probably watch how this plays out, but if my favourite teams go next (Afghanimals, Cowboys), I'm going to be VERY. PUT. OUT.
    I'm hoping the next team to go is Caroline/Jenn or B/R. Caroline/Jenn because I find them the worst of the bunch regarding B/R or B/R because then this drama can END.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm annoyed that Caroline and Jenn got saved by ANOTHER non-elimination round. I don't mind a team getting saved when they come in last through no fault of their own (broken down vehicle, lost cab driver, etc) but when their own stupid mistakes put them behind everyone else, they deserve to go home. I wish they wouldn't even have non-elimination rounds in all-star seasons. Put the pressure on by guaranteeing that the last team to arrive at the pit stop each time WILL be eliminated! After all, these teams have run the race before so they should be over the rookie mistakes. Let's make them earn their all-star status.

I feel bad for Brendon and Rachel because they're just playing the game the way it's meant to be played--every team for themselves! I think last night in the race to the finish line Dave & Conner, the Cowboys, and the Afghanimals got a wake-up call that only the first team to arrive at the final pit stop will win the race so maybe it's time to stop helping other teams and concentrate on their own game. Of course, of that group, the cowboys were already doing that. They don't seem to be a part of the accidental alliance.
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-28-2014 at 08:10 AM.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Brenden and Rachel are definitely not my favourite team to race, by a long shot. I like the Globetrotters, the Cowboys, and have come to really enjoy watching Leo and Jamal. I don't feel sorry for B&R as much as I feel disgusted by the way D&C and the blondes reacted to the U-Turn being used. "HOW could ANYONE U-Turn Dave!?" like it was a mortal sin or something. And Dave complaining (for what, the third time?) "you'll U-Turn/pass/beat a 60-year old man!?" while in the next scene he leaps (and falls, ha!) over a barrier trying to get to the cable car. He plays the age-card when it suits him and yet acts like a middle-schooler.

And jeez Connor, lighten up. Brenden writes a silly note in the condensation and you'd think he'd insulted Connor's mother. They are all taking this way too seriously. That's why I don't think the Globetrotter's were that fussed about it all, they approached the race as something to savour and enjoy. I don't see much of that from D&C.

I admit, I don't watch Big Brother, so don't know much about B&R. Obviously they ruffle feathers, as others didn't like them much last time either. But to those who don't know much about them, the grief they got for using the U-Turn was over the top and petty, and the insults about Rachel's face and her voice (and her not being "like them" whatever that meant) coming from a 60 YEAR OLD MAN was just the icing on the cake.

Right now I would rather see the useless singers win than Dave and Connor.
    Punkin, captain, pikachu and 3 others like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

+ Reply to Thread