+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

What a lovely mustang Dave and Conner won, that should keep him smiling for awhile.( 15 mins) My poor hubby didn't need the clue, he named just about every year of the mustang they showed us.He was drooling.

I couldn't believe it was anther NE! wow. I have to say I remember the blondes being much stronger players, but without help, I am sure they wouldn't have made it this far. SMH.

All the teams against Brenchal hmm, well except for the cowboys, and I would have to say, Brenchal and the cowboys seem to like to go it alone. When did the cowboys give anyone the answer to a clue/roadblock? hmmm,- right!
    It was good tonight, not the best , I see a U Turn up ahead, I suppose that is for Brenchal, or maybe the cowboys. Leo and Jamal always want to beat them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I must have missed B and R saying that. And I don't think they're hampered by not having any help from the other teams - they got what the tunnel thing was by asking a local (whereas the accidental alliance just told one another), they got the car answer without having to have Leo and Jamal help them, they didn't come in last at the pit stop...they don't need other teams to help them. And teams shouldn't be helping each other, IMO.

Ugh, looking back I can't believe I picked Dave and Connor as my captains. I should have picked the cowboys.
    Yes we did, I wish I hadn't, I cant stand the man, I like Conner although he doesn't look like he is a laugh a minute either. Petty minded men , not enjoyable, and I not a Brenchal fan.
    I love the Cowboys they often make us laugh without really trying. I should have chosen them as my captains
    yourefired, sweetpea and CCL like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The cowboys don't really seem to have a problem with Brenden and Rachel, they are more interested in staying out of the drama and running their own race. The Afghanimals are motivated purely by gameplay. They stated clearly that Dave and Connor and the Singers are the two teams they want in the end because they feel they can easily beat both of them. The Globetrotters have stated they don't have a problem with B&R. So the problem seems to have stemmed from Dave and Connor getting pissy because 1. Rachel didn't offer up any help (and why exactly should she? where is it stated that if a teams says "where's the clue box?" another team is obligated to help them?) and 2. They used the u-turn on them. Brenden apologized for doing so and said clearly that it was not personal, but D&C chose to take it personally and to bitch about the matter endlessly.

Dave and Connor didn't have to u-turn the Afghanimals, yet they did. Why? Because it's the race? They apologized for it and the Afghanimals didn't have hard feelings about it. So how would they have felt if Leo and Jamal took it personally and decided to bash them endlessly from then on? When Brenden said "hey, sorry, it wasn't personal" they could have said "Ok, I get it, it's the race but watch your backs next time" rather than make it out to be some huge betrayal.

I get it, it's not fun to be u-turned, but grow up for pity's sake. I have to believe that Dave and Connor felt a little bit uncomfortable watching themselves behave like middle-school girls mocking Rachel's voice, her looks, everything. I don't even LIKE Brenden and Rachel that much...he has been a jerk more than a few times and she gets too flustered sometimes...but in this case I think the other two teams making fun of them came off looking worse.

I'll take the Cowboys or the Afghanimals for the win please. Or B&R just to see Dave and Connor's heads explode.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

I get it, it's not fun to be u-turned, but grow up for pity's sake. I have to believe that Dave and Connor felt a little bit uncomfortable watching themselves behave like middle-school girls mocking Rachel's voice, her looks, everything. I don't even LIKE Brenden and Rachel that much...he has been a jerk more than a few times and she gets too flustered sometimes...but in this case I think the other two teams making fun of them came off looking worse.

I'll take the Cowboys or the Afghanimals for the win please. Or B&R just to see Dave and Connor's heads explode.
    Right now I hope it's a win for the Cowboys, with B&R in second. Although I'd be fine with the Afghanimals coming in second as long as the Cowboys win. Up until last week the only team I didn't want to win was the blonds, now I don't want Dave or the blonds to win.
    holly71 and Punkin like this.

Ugh. There's nothing wrong with teaming up with other teams to beat a strong team if it gets you to the end. I think there are a lot of ways to play the game and that's one of them. Now if they were teaming up in the final three that would be a problem, but I don't think at this point there's anything wrong with it. For Dave and Connor and the blondes teaming up with the Garanimals is just good strategy. Brachel sabotaged Dave and Conner at the chariot race, then U turned them. I don't have a problem with them being a upset with them and wanting to beat them. Plus they are a strong team I'd want out of the race if I were them. If playing up the U-turning helps you accomplish that by getting other teas on your side it's part of the game right? I would have prefered the editing to show less of that side of things, but 10 minutes of it over two a couple of days isn't really that much. It's drama so they show it and I think it's getting blown all out of proportion. Cowboys for the win

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

UGH! CBS blew it again. That's twice we could have gotten rid of a totally USELESS team only to be disappointed. Why oh why couldn't last week have been a non-elimination instead of this week? Carolyn and Jenn would still be out there doing math if Leo and Jamal hadn't helped them.

They're on twitter tonight doing damage control. I think they know they are one of the worst teams ever.

Caroline Cutbirth ‏@TXSweetCaroline 3h
    It seems @jenwayne and I are catching some heat-want to say we think @RachelEReilly is a great racer. They def play the game well like pros!

But then they go on to say:

Caroline Cutbirth ‏@TXSweetCaroline 1h
    Just watched Amazing Race. Could just be more proud of how @jenwayne and I raced. Love my partner, proud of our attitude and outlook

I'm thinking none of the mean 6 have anything to be proud of tonight. They acted like 12 year old mean girls on the train tonight. They all embarrassed themselves. Certainly not all star behavior.

I've never disliked Brenchel, but I've always been pulling for the Cowboys. They've always conducted themselves in a classy way and never tried to intentionally urt another team. They're in it for the sport of things and I respect that.

At the beginning of the season I was very much pro Dave and Connor. I thought you had to respect a man who finished 2 legs in first place on one leg. I thought he and Connor had wonderful attitudes and were an inspiration. Over these past 2 weeks I've seen his ugly side, and I no longer feel that way about him. He's a good sport as long as things go his way, but when they don't, he's a whining baby.
    holly71, Punkin, march and 8 others like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Dave and Connor didn't have to u-turn the Afghanimals, yet they did.
    At the very beginning of the episode Phil when going over what happened last week said that Dave and Connor were forced to use the U-turn because Brendon and Rachel had used it on them. It must be part of the rules. We have seen before with these U-turns where they were not used by anyone and as each couple came up to it they all said we choose not to use the U-turn.
    redsox girl likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
    I just have no respect for all the meanness. It is a race and a game. The 'alliance' cannot all win together. Personally I respect branchel more I do the country singers. They would have been gone legs ago if they did get all the help they did.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    But try to tell Carolyn that on Twitter and she'll say "I'm sorry you feel that way." LOL
    GabbyG and xcptnl like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I think Phil meant that they uturned to have another team behind them.
    The previews show another Uturn and if Leo/Jamal are smart they will Uturn either Jet/Cord or Brendon/Rachel. These 3 teams are the ones to beat.
    There's no place like home!

I like Brendon and Rachel and I am glad that they did not come in last. I do think that they are going to have tough sledding ahead with a U-Turn next week. The odds are that one of the three teams will U-Turn them, unless they are the first to arrive. That will be difficult with them coming in forth place. The Benchals have a proven record of prevailing when the going gets tough, but I don't think I have ever seen a season where the teams just out and out gave three teams the answers to all of the projects or challenges that they were expected to do. Before long, this new alliance will have to break up and each team will need to start trying to win the race for themselves. Benchals and Cowboys are very competitive teams and I hope one of them wins. But, having said that, I'm not disappointed that Dave and Conner won the cars as they were in the lead from the get-go and were the ones mostly providing their alliance buddies the answers.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread