+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Dave has made several statements regarding his age. When Brenchel U Turned them especially, he was making comments along the lines of... "they U Turned a 60 year old man?" etc, etc, etc...

I don't care how you are Dave... U Turns are a part of the race, so suck it up already.
    I am interested to see if anyone U turns them next week, I have a feeling they wont. I don't know why I feel this ,but I am so hoping they do!!
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If it comes down to Leo/Jamal running against Dave/Connor for F3, they will U-turn.
    Bearcata likes this.
    There's no place like home!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am interested to see if anyone U turns them (Dave/Conner) next week, I have a feeling they wont. I don't know why I feel this ,but I am so hoping they do!!
    () by me, for reference sake

It sure would be interesting to see that melt down, huh?
    I'm suspecting if the Afghanimals get there near the beginning, the board showed no one U-turned yet, they will U-turn who they consider to be the biggest competition. On the plus side, it looks like the Afghanimals WON'T get U-turned for a change. That'll be nice for them.
    Midol likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I live in an area with a LOT of Mormons. I worked for 20 years for a company where I interacted daily with a number of Mormon men. I NEVER in all that time heard a Mormon man say, "I HATE" when referring to another person. Dave's use of that word ("We HATE Brenchel") really struck me because he has also referred to their team as "a couple of Mormon guys from Utah."

Any good feeling I had for them went out the window with the pronouncement of hatred. It's an ugly word when used in that context.
    Punkin, Jezebella and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I live in an area with a LOT of Mormons. I worked for 20 years for a company where I interacted daily with a number of Mormon men. I NEVER in all that time heard a Mormon man say, "I HATE" when referring to another person. Dave's use of that word ("We HATE Brenchel") really struck me because he has also referred to their team as "a couple of Mormon guys from Utah."

Any good feeling I had for them went out the window with the pronouncement of hatred. It's an ugly word when used in that context.
    Maybe saying he hates them , is what fuels him.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

So you are judging him as a terrible person because he used the word hate? Seriously I am Catholic and I have said "Oh my God, I freaking hate so and so" in the heat of competition. Because I'm not perfect. Neither is Dave. And you seem to suggest that people of faith must be held to a higher standard of moral judgment( otherwise why mention living near Mormons and Dave saying he is a Mormon) than someone who doesn't proclaim their faith. Dave yelled "Oh my God, I hate the Brachels" while running in the middle of competition-are you passing judgment on him based on that word? Because there is a monumental difference between what he said and someone saying I HATE YOU!" in a rageful manner. As I wrote I'm not perfect, I've yelled "I hate The Yankees, you, the government, you mom" and about a 100 different things and people." Yet no one thinks I'm a hypocrite or that I'm not living up to my morals and faith. If anyone says they've never said "I hate so and so" they are lying." No one is perfect.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Dave made a comment that Rachel was "scary" looking (so he was making a disparaging remark about her face I guess) and then later on mocked her voice and how she talks. Not sure how it can get any clearer than that. It's one thing to make comments on another team because they are competition, but to mock their appearance or how they speak is, at least in my eyes, unnecessary and says more about the kind of person you are then the person you are talking about.

Rachel didn't want to U-turn Dave and Connor, Brenden insisted. Yet she took the brunt of their animosity throughout the rest of the leg. Did D&C know it was all Brenden's idea? Of course not. So they can be forgiven for giving her the majority of the blame for the u-turn. However I do hope they felt foolish last night watching it back. Regardless of their reasoning, Brenden and Rachel at no time declared that they were u-turning Connor and Dave for personal reasons. It was strictly so they could win the leg. Given that they won $15,000 as a result, I'd say that was a valid strategy.
    He said she was scary looking in reference to the sour face she gave them on the steps. He didn't say ugly. Huge difference.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The lying and trying to fool folks and sense of entitlement didn't go over very well with me. I have to admit that the Granimals are behaving much becough coughtter this time around. Did they learn from watching themselves? Or did they just realize that strategy just wasn't working for them?

Why is everyone all of a sudden getting so PC about competitors complaining about each other, isn't that partly why we watch reality TV? Because of course none of us would ever act that way ... cough, cough.
    Not me. I have never ever said or done anything wrong....cough cough

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    So you are judging him as a terrible person because he used the word hate? Seriously I am Catholic and I have said "Oh my God, I freaking hate so and so" in the heat of competition. Because I'm not perfect. Neither is Dave. And you seem to suggest that people of faith must be held to a higher standard of moral judgment( otherwise why mention living near Mormons and Dave saying he is a Mormon) than someone who doesn't proclaim their faith. Dave yelled "Oh my God, I hate the Brachels" while running in the middle of competition-are you passing judgment on him based on that word? Because there is a monumental difference between what he said and someone saying I HATE YOU!" in a rageful manner. As I wrote I'm not perfect, I've yelled "I hate The Yankees, you, the government, you mom" and about a 100 different things and people." Yet no one thinks I'm a hypocrite or that I'm not living up to my morals and faith. If anyone says they've never said "I hate so and so" they are lying." No one is perfect.
    I try not to judge anyone. I said that their use of the word was striking because of my experience with Mormons as NOT being people who would express hatred that way. And I don't think Dave, Connor, or anyone on TAR is a terrible person, and never said that I did.

I agree that no one is perfect. But I also must say that I have never - as an adult - said that I hate someone. I just feel like that is as poisonous to the person who says and feels it as the nastiness it directs to its target. There have been people in my past who would deserve having that said, but I just can't say it. I may say that I hate what they did, but I cannot hate the person. Anger towards them? You bet. Determined to never be in a room with them again? Sometimes necessary for self-protection. But hate? Can't do it.
    Punkin, Jezebella and sparklete like this.

My bet is that Dave and Connor win the whole thing. That is just a gut feeling and maybe wishful thinking. No idea about 2nd and 3rd although I'm afraid that Brendan/Rachel will be somewhere in there.

I do like Jet and Cord, but I think they're going to make a big mistake somewhere along the line that might knock them out.

I think Jennifer and Caroline are going to finish higher than most people expect and I hope they do just to counter all the anti-blonde things I read.
    redsox girl and Jaceegirl like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread