+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I think, sweetpea, what irks me about the Dave attacks is one often finds it coupled with a counter of "I want Brenden and Rachel to win now!". Dave and Conner have been a pretty decent watch both from their first season and into most of this one. One hypocrisy, some really annoying harping for an episode, and suddenly they are horrible and Brenden and Rachel (arguably some of the most annoying people to have raced) have risen to "I want them them to win!" status?

It astonishes me, though I should say, everyone has a right to change their opinion on a team as they so desire, and if Dave's behaviour is your pet peeve, I could totally understand why you hate him. I'm just not there, myself.
    I know you addressed the "hate" word later on in the thread, so I'll not bother defending my dislike of the way Dave has behaved. As you said, it is a harsh word and likely not what you meant to convey. And I'm a Boston Rob mega-fan so I get how it feels when people express their disdain for someone you like!

Now about having Brenden and Rachel win...well I'd only wish that IF the cowboys or the Afganimals don't win. So basically they are my 3rd choice. Ideally I'd like to see the racers go out in this order:

The blondes next because I honestly don't think they deserve to be anywhere near the finale. They can't do a blessed thing by themselves.
    Then Dave and Carter, because just missing out on the finale and having to watch the winners from the sidelines would suck ()
    Then Brenchel, because they are annoying sometimes and I don't like the way he talks to her at times.
    Then either the Afghanimals or Cowboys for the win. Cowboys because I love their dry sense of humour, I love their refusing to get down in the mud with the rest of the children when it comes to drama, and the way they work so well together and are so respectful. Afghanimals because now that they have toned down their manic behaviour (or else I've just gotten used to it!) their fun spirits and sense of joy is infectious, and I love how they really seem to LOVE the race, every single moment of it.
    GabbyG, Moontat and Photobabe like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    uuuuuhhhhh...... EVERYONE mocks Rachel on the show and on the boards.

He attacked her personally? How? When? Donald Trump going after Rosie O'Donnell is a personal attack. David complaining about Rachel is David complaining about Rachel.

It's one thing to U Turn someone because doing so is strategic .... like their original plan of U Turning the Cowboys. The Cowboys are a strong team and it is a chance of getting rid of a strong team, a competitor for the million dollars and it's part of the game. Doing that to Leo and Jamal also makes sense as they are also a strong team.

U Turning a team because you don't like them or hate them is also another reason, not the best reason but a reason.

U Turning a team to save yourselves is reason to U Turn someone.

I think we have all seen the above three used as to why to U Turn a team. This is the first time I have seen a team (Brenchel) U Turn a team just so the U Turners could win first place. Brenchel would win a race against Dave and Connor. I think it might be neck and neck but depending on the distance it would be close between Rachel and Dave. The only unfair thing about this entire situation is that folks tend to blame Rachel when it was Brendan's idea.
    Dave made a comment that Rachel was "scary" looking (so he was making a disparaging remark about her face I guess) and then later on mocked her voice and how she talks. Not sure how it can get any clearer than that. It's one thing to make comments on another team because they are competition, but to mock their appearance or how they speak is, at least in my eyes, unnecessary and says more about the kind of person you are then the person you are talking about.

Rachel didn't want to U-turn Dave and Connor, Brenden insisted. Yet she took the brunt of their animosity throughout the rest of the leg. Did D&C know it was all Brenden's idea? Of course not. So they can be forgiven for giving her the majority of the blame for the u-turn. However I do hope they felt foolish last night watching it back. Regardless of their reasoning, Brenden and Rachel at no time declared that they were u-turning Connor and Dave for personal reasons. It was strictly so they could win the leg. Given that they won $15,000 as a result, I'd say that was a valid strategy.
    GabbyG, Moontat, Midol and 1 others like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Mr. Sweetpea got a remote control helicopter from a garage sale a couple of weeks ago. It is really difficult to control, and that's just with one person controlling the speed and the direction. I cannot imagine the gong show if two people were trying to coordinate something like the remote control chariots, through rocks and around other teams all trying to learn at the same time. I think Dave and Connor blaming Brenden and Rachel for intentionally sabotaging them during the race was just confirmation bias on their part. I don't like you, your chariot hits mine, ergo you did it on purpose.

I don't think folks have "turned" on Dave and Connor due to one comment. From reading here and around the web, people didn't appreciate Dave's hypocrisy "Sorry we u-turned you Leo and Jamal! It wasn't personal! But can you BELIEVE Brenden and Rachel u-turned us!?? It's not fair! They are bad people!" or his mocking another team or his seeming inability to just suck it up, and move on. Leo and Jamal have now been u-turned three times in total between their original season and this one, and you only saw them focus on getting the task done and getting on with it. Most of the comments I've read online have said that Dave and Connor took it way too personally and harped on it way too long.
    The lying and trying to fool folks and sense of entitlement didn't go over very well with me. I have to admit that the Granimals are behaving much better this time around. Did they learn from watching themselves? Or did they just realize that strategy just wasn't working for them?

Why is everyone all of a sudden getting so PC about competitors complaining about each other, isn't that partly why we watch reality TV? Because of course none of us would ever act that way ... cough, cough.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I could care less about Dave/Conner, I just want the Blondes gone!
    Uncle David and tinderbox like this.
    There's no place like home!

The lying and trying to fool folks and sense of entitlement didn't go over very well with me. I have to admit that the Granimals are behaving much better this time around. Did they learn from watching themselves? Or did they just realize that strategy just wasn't working for them?

Why is everyone all of a sudden getting so PC about competitors complaining about each other, isn't that partly why we watch reality TV? Because of course none of us would ever act that way ... cough, cough.
    I liked Leo and Jamil last time, so this time I still like them, Dave and Connor are acting like children
    Punkin, GabbyG, Jezebella and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

At this point I'm going to watch to see the locations (Europe is always fun because I've been to enough places there that I usually recognize things), but I really just don't care who wins: they've all done enough to alienate me that I can't bring myself to root for any of them... but the process of the race is still very much fun to watch.

The Cowboys stated that it was getting dirty. They meant in how the race is played and the "accidental" alliance by targeting Brenchel, rather than running a clean race on their own are playing dirty. The Afghanimals have stated that they like the other two teams they've hooked up with and will help them all they can because they can beat them in the final three. Suck up and stab is a strategy. Brendon and Rachel have no sneaky strategy...they just run as fast as they can...the same with the Cowboys.

I think Dave thinks he is playing the strategy as the Afghanimals, but his team is too weak to finish the other teams off in the finale. Possibly...possibly not, since I don't have a crystal ball. Well, I do, but it doesn't talk to me.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

When has Dave ever said he wants to respected as an elder statesmen? He is just a dad who is racing with his son around the world. He freely admits to not spending enough time with Connor as a kid and this race was a chance to bond with him.
    Dave has made several statements regarding his age. When Brenchel U Turned them especially, he was making comments along the lines of... "they U Turned a 60 year old man?" etc, etc, etc...

I don't care how you are Dave... U Turns are a part of the race, so suck it up already.
    pikachu, Jezebella and Midol like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Dave has made several statements regarding his age. When Brenchel U Turned them especially, he was making comments along the lines of... "they U Turned a 60 year old man?" etc, etc, etc...

I don't care how you are Dave... U Turns are a part of the race, so suck it up already.
    Yes, Dave has referred to his age but never as being an "elder statesmen" which is defined as "A prominent, highly experienced older man, especially one acting as an unofficial adviser" per freedictionary.com: The Leading Free Dictionary Site on the Net. Yes Dave is an "elder" but not an "elder statesmen". I applaud Dave that he is in as good physical shape as he is and can compete with the "youngsters".

I do understand that he didn't understand why a couple in their 20's would feel they would have that much physical competition from a 60 yr old man. I guess no one is allowed to comment on what happens in the race. Should all the racers now be muted?

I still don't get how Dave bringing up his age translates into being an "elder statesmen"? I don't recall he ever made any comments in regards to that term. I have heard that Dave regrets not spending time with Connor when he was young.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-29-2014 at 01:03 AM.
    redsox girl and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The Cowboys stated that it was getting dirty. They meant in how the race is played and the "accidental" alliance by targeting Brenchel, rather than running a clean race on their own are playing dirty. The Afghanimals have stated that they like the other two teams they've hooked up with and will help them all they can because they can beat them in the final three. Suck up and stab is a strategy. Brendon and Rachel have no sneaky strategy...they just run as fast as they can...the same with the Cowboys.

I think Dave thinks he is playing the strategy as the Afghanimals, but his team is too weak to finish the other teams off in the finale. Possibly...possibly not, since I don't have a crystal ball. Well, I do, but it doesn't talk to me.
    Everyone has been on The Amazing Race before they all know any kind of alliance is fluid. I look at them talking about the alliance more as wishful thinking then actually thinking it would work especially at the stage of the game.
    redsox girl and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread