+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Watching the episode from the beginning is rather painful especially the Car Museum when the country girls can't figure out a simple arithmetic equation. Didn't the clue instructions tell you exactly what to do? So why was it so hard? The girls remind me of the Globetrotters as they don't always read the clues. If there was a complicated puzzle they would be doomed. I do think it is rather obvious that the girls would never have made it so far without the help of the Cowboys extra express pass and being last in two Non Elimination Legs and getting help from the other teams and they are also navigationally challenged.
    holly71, Miss_Griss and Duckyface like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Are we sure it is another double U-turn? I can't remember what I saw and I erased it off my PVR.
    I can see the Granimals UTurning either the Cowboys or Brenchel.

If you have been UTurned earlier in the race can you still be UTurned?

Can a team that had UTurned already in the race do it again?

I don't hate anyone from this or any other reality show I watch. I am well aware that what I am seeing is an edited version of events that the producers cherry pick from hundreds of hours of footage for the most dramatic/controversial effect. That being said, my picks for favourites has not changed as a result of this. I still want the Afganimals or the Cowboys to win. Of the rest of the teams left, I would still prefer if the singers came in last simply because of their poor game play. If push came to shove, I would prefer Branchel over Dave and Connor simply because I do not like hypocrisy...which Dave is providing plenty of. If you want to be respected like an elder statesman, then you bloody well better act like one! It is easy to pick on someone like Rachel who is so competitive, over the top and plays up to the camera. If he had just criticised her game play...explaining why it would have been better to U-turn another team (which she actually wanted to do), that is one thing, but he mocked her and attacked her personally...which is something he should be ashamed of. You would think someone who is 60...just in case we all forgot...would know better. As I wrote earlier, Flight Time in the exit interview the Globetrotters gave expressed that Rachel is one of the nicest people they have ever met...albeit, super competitive when the game starts and they had no issues with them.

We all have our favourites. Many people change their opinions as a result of what they see on TV without taking into consideration that the show is edited for maximum effect. This is one of the reasons why I would love to see an after for this show like we do for Survivor. Usually, once the show is over, all the contestants move on and seem to be friends...it's the fans who seem to have more trouble moving on.
    I LOVE this post....word for word. My hubby and I were saying the exact same things to each other last night. My guess is the "accidental alliance" were cringing over their behavior regarding what was being shown during this last episode. Talk about childish!! (Especially for a "60 year old man".)

That said, I'm pulling for the Cowboys or the Afganimals for the ultimate win.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 04-28-2014 at 02:48 PM.

FORT Fan

I do not watch big brother so I do not have any prior dislike of her. And yes Rachel was painful during her prior time on AR. But I have seen others act like her and worse than her on the race. So I don't understand all the hate for her. I was not a big fan of Dave and Connor during their last race. Maybe my gut instinct was telling me something that season. I feel like a lot of these shows (amazing race and survivor) have been diluted from what they were originally with bringing back prior people, seemingly changes in rules (all the clothes they have on survivor, shoes, etc and helping each on the race). Granted they may have never said you could not help someone and I liked it better when they did not.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Yes, and I am also critizing the behaviour. I wasn't talking about you personally, and in retrospect hate wasn't a word I should have used. Many have mentioned the criticism via Facebook etc.

I didn't mean to induce a backlash of people needing to feel they must defend themselves... which is why I put this in there. EVERYONE has a right to their own opinion, of course. I just might not agree with it.
    No worries, spockwhat! I love a lively back and forth. I think a lot of folks grow weary of people who publicly say or do things that invite comment, but then claim they are being hated on or are being bullied when they don't like what people are saying about them.
    spockwhat likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I can see the Granimals UTurning either the Cowboys or Brenchel.

If you have been UTurned earlier in the race can you still be UTurned?

Can a team that had UTurned already in the race do it again?
    Yes, you can be U-Turned more than once per season. For example, the Afghanimals were U-Turned both times during last season.

No, you cannot U-Turn more than once per season. If you U-Turn someone during the first U-Turn, you cannot U-Turn someone during the second U-Turn.

Does anyone know why they returned from the digital board to the photo board? Did the digital board break?

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I know it was edited to appear that Brendon and Rachel intentionally sabotaged Dave and Connor's chariot, and that Dave complained they had done it purposefully, but I don't buy it. It took awhile for all the teams to learn how to control those little devils, and most of them were just plain out of control until they got the hang of it. Factor in additional teams, the rocks, and the wall, and it translated into mass chaos. It would have taken more skill for Brendan and Rachel to crash into D&C intentionally. In addition, they would have been risking putting themselves at a disadvantage to cut them off on purpose. Even Connor said, "You got to the point where you were just crashing into each other's chariots and horses were flying everywhere."
    I think it was intentional, although I admit it just could have been edited to look that way. Brendon and Rachael had been there for quite awhile already and had several rounds of practice when Connor and Dave came. They were coming close but not quite finishing in time. Rachael was mad because they hadn't made the finish line in time, again, and Dave and Connor were about to finish, so she turned around and went back and ran in to them. They had to turn backwards and go quite a way to get to Dave and Connor's chariot so it wasn't like they just accidentally bumped into it because it was beside them or something. Brendon said something to Rachael about it, which I don't think he would have done if he didn't think it was intentional. Rachael's look could have been edited in, but the crash we saw all of, Brendon's comment about it we saw, so I think it was intentional.

There are no rules saying you can't play as a team. I don't like that. I've often wished they would change the rules so that you can't give answers or directions to other teams, but they haven't. Therefore the PTB obviously see this as a game of strategy where you can team up when it benefits you. I've come to accept that as a legitimate way to play. Teaming up benefited the three teams this leg, and so they teamed up. They were a bit overboard in their dislike of Brendon and Rachael, but they didn't do anything against the rules or the spirit of the game. I think Dave and Connor were smart to use the Uturn to bring other teams in to help them.

Rachael said she never made friends at BB or in the race. Somehow that doesn't come as a surprise. No doubt her agent required a better edit in order for her to appear on the race again, so I'm sure there's a lot we aren't seeing.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 04-28-2014 at 07:23 PM.

I was one of the few that was not a Dave/Connor fan from their first race. I can just see Leo/Jamal u-turning them and then watch it all fall.
    Punkin, xcptnl, Jezebella and 1 others like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I was one of the few that was not a Dave/Connor fan from their first race. I can just see Leo/Jamal u-turning them and then watch it all fall.
    OMG we will never hear the end of that! and will D &C feel honoured to be U Turned by them.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't hate anyone from this or any other reality show I watch. I am well aware that what I am seeing is an edited version of events that the producers cherry pick from hundreds of hours of footage for the most dramatic/controversial effect. That being said, my picks for favourites has not changed as a result of this. I still want the Afganimals or the Cowboys to win. Of the rest of the teams left, I would still prefer if the singers came in last simply because of their poor game play. If push came to shove, I would prefer Branchel over Dave and Connor simply because I do not like hypocrisy...which Dave is providing plenty of. If you want to be respected like an elder statesman, then you bloody well better act like one! It is easy to pick on someone like Rachel who is so competitive, over the top and plays up to the camera. If he had just criticised her game play...explaining why it would have been better to U-turn another team (which she actually wanted to do), that is one thing, but he mocked her and attacked her personally...which is something he should be ashamed of. You would think someone who is 60...just in case we all forgot...would know better. As I wrote earlier, Flight Time in the exit interview the Globetrotters gave expressed that Rachel is one of the nicest people they have ever met...albeit, super competitive when the game starts and they had no issues with them.

We all have our favourites. Many people change their opinions as a result of what they see on TV without taking into consideration that the show is edited for maximum effect. This is one of the reasons why I would love to see an after for this show like we do for Survivor. Usually, once the show is over, all the contestants move on and seem to be friends...it's the fans who seem to have more trouble moving on.

When has Dave ever said he wants to respected as an elder statesmen? He is just a dad who is racing with his son around the world. He freely admits to not spending enough time with Connor as a kid and this race was a chance to bond with him.

uuuuuhhhhh...... EVERYONE mocks Rachel on the show and on the boards.

He attacked her personally? How? When? Donald Trump going after Rosie O'Donnell is a personal attack. David complaining about Rachel is David complaining about Rachel.

It's one thing to U Turn someone because doing so is strategic .... like their original plan of U Turning the Cowboys. The Cowboys are a strong team and it is a chance of getting rid of a strong team, a competitor for the million dollars and it's part of the game. Doing that to Leo and Jamal also makes sense as they are also a strong team.

U Turning a team because you don't like them or hate them is also another reason, not the best reason but a reason.

U Turning a team to save yourselves is reason to U Turn someone.

I think we have all seen the above three used as to why to U Turn a team. This is the first time I have seen a team (Brenchel) U Turn a team just so the U Turners could win first place. Brenchel would win a race against Dave and Connor. I think it might be neck and neck but depending on the distance it would be close between Rachel and Dave. The only unfair thing about this entire situation is that folks tend to blame Rachel when it was Brendan's idea.

I can understand Dave's frustration in being U Turned ... if it had been Rachel being U Turned instead I wonder how dramatic that meltdown would have been?

Other teams in other seasons have been much more dramatic and over several legs so why harp over Dave complaining about being U Turned?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-28-2014 at 09:31 PM.
    Duckyface and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread