+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 TAR 24: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

D&C are surely not the shining rolemodels they appeared to be in their previous season. Especially Dave is grumpy from time to time. I wonder how much of that is due to exhaustion from the race, as it seems to be more the later in the race it gets.

If B&R want to cruise solo, not work together with other teams, not give other teams pointers when requested and U-turn other teams, that's fine. That's all part of the game, and strategic choices, be they good or bad. If anyone is having a pet peeve with B&R over that, they must be forgetting that this is a game and a race.

However, that's not why people have a peeve with B&R. They're just over the top annoying. In the start of this episode they were all like "We need to be in the final three, and we need to win, because for us it's important!" Uh, huh. As if the rest of the teams don't care at all about winning TAR and winning the million dollars, but are just there to annoy B&R. When another team asks them a quick question, they don't just say "Sorry, not gonna help you." They draw those stupid faces as if the person addressing them is a total idiot and they can understand a word they're saying. It's how they constantly behave about everything that makes them get on people's nerves.

I know the blondes had 2 NEL saves, but if we could take 1 NEL save away, I much rather had it be B&Rs. The blondes are really playing the stereotypical dumb blondes this season, and they should get eliminated sooner than later, but they aren't nearly as annoying to watch as Rachel, and not just because they're a lot prettier.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I think, sweetpea, what irks me about the Dave attacks is one often finds it coupled with a counter of "I want Brenden and Rachel to win now!". Dave and Conner have been a pretty decent watch both from their first season and into most of this one. One hypocrisy, some really annoying harping for an episode, and suddenly they are horrible and Brenden and Rachel (arguably some of the most annoying people to have raced) have risen to "I want them them to win!" status?

It astonishes me, though I should say, everyone has a right to change their opinion on a team as they so desire, and if Dave's behaviour is your pet peeve, I could totally understand why you hate him. I'm just not there, myself.
    I don't hate anyone from this or any other reality show I watch. I am well aware that what I am seeing is an edited version of events that the producers cherry pick from hundreds of hours of footage for the most dramatic/controversial effect. That being said, my picks for favourites has not changed as a result of this. I still want the Afganimals or the Cowboys to win. Of the rest of the teams left, I would still prefer if the singers came in last simply because of their poor game play. If push came to shove, I would prefer Branchel over Dave and Connor simply because I do not like hypocrisy...which Dave is providing plenty of. If you want to be respected like an elder statesman, then you bloody well better act like one! It is easy to pick on someone like Rachel who is so competitive, over the top and plays up to the camera. If he had just criticised her game play...explaining why it would have been better to U-turn another team (which she actually wanted to do), that is one thing, but he mocked her and attacked her personally...which is something he should be ashamed of. You would think someone who is 60...just in case we all forgot...would know better. As I wrote earlier, Flight Time in the exit interview the Globetrotters gave expressed that Rachel is one of the nicest people they have ever met...albeit, super competitive when the game starts and they had no issues with them.

We all have our favourites. Many people change their opinions as a result of what they see on TV without taking into consideration that the show is edited for maximum effect. This is one of the reasons why I would love to see an after for this show like we do for Survivor. Usually, once the show is over, all the contestants move on and seem to be friends...it's the fans who seem to have more trouble moving on.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

I can't believe the blondes escaped again! I was really hoping they'd be gone this time. There is no way they'd still be on the race without all of the help they've been given a long the way. The "Accidental Alliance" is so childish. Not so much that they formed one, but in how they are behaving within it. Dave, especially, is driving me nuts! For such an old 60 year old, shouldn't he know better than to act like a bully? Making fun of Rachel? I was cringing during all of that. Mind you, I am not a fan of Brenchel, but the way these teams are acting, I hope they are embarrassed and ashamed as they watch it play out on screen. Love that the Cowboys are trying really hard to stay out of it all.

Right now I'd say my list is...

The Cowboys
    Brenchel
    Afghanimals
    Whiner and Son
    The Blondes

The only reason I have Brenchel above the Afghanimals is due to how they are behaving right now. For me, its a toss up between the two.

Double U Turn next week - I'd be shocked if the Afghanimals didn't use it on Brenden and Rachel. I wonder who will get the second U Turn.
    holly71, GabbyG, tinderbox and 3 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I can't believe the blondes escaped again! I was really hoping they'd be gone this time. There is no way they'd still be on the race without all of the help they've been given a long the way. The "Accidental Alliance" is so childish. Not so much that they formed one, but in how they are behaving within it. Dave, especially, is driving me nuts! For such an old 60 year old, shouldn't he know better than to act like a bully? Making fun of Rachel? I was cringing during all of that. Mind you, I am not a fan of Brenchel, but the way these teams are acting, I hope they are embarrassed and ashamed as they watch it play out on screen. Love that the Cowboys are trying really hard to stay out of it all.

Right now I'd say my list is...

The Cowboys
    Brenchel
    Afghanimals
    Whiner and Son
    The Blondes

The only reason I have Brenchel above the Afghanimals is due to how they are behaving right now. For me, its a toss up between the two.

Double U Turn next week - I'd be shocked if the Afghanimals didn't use it on Brenden and Rachel. I wonder who will get the second U Turn.
    I bet they U turn the Cowboys, they are such a strong team.
    Loved whiner and son
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I think, sweetpea, what irks me about the Dave attacks is one often finds it coupled with a counter of "I want Brenden and Rachel to win now!". Dave and Conner have been a pretty decent watch both from their first season and into most of this one. One hypocrisy, some really annoying harping for an episode, and suddenly they are horrible and Brenden and Rachel (arguably some of the most annoying people to have raced) have risen to "I want them them to win!" status?

It astonishes me, though I should say, everyone has a right to change their opinion on a team as they so desire, and if Dave's behaviour is your pet peeve, I could totally understand why you hate him. I'm just not there, myself.
    Criticizing a behavior I don't like does not mean I am attacking or hating the person engaging in that behavior. It just means I have a critical opinion of how he is behaving right now. I don't "hate" Dave. I dislike his words and actions as they have been shown to us of late, and will criticize him about those, but I am certainly not attacking him.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Are we sure it is another double U-turn? I can't remember what I saw and I erased it off my PVR.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Are we sure it is another double U-turn? I can't remember what I saw and I erased it off my PVR.
    I am not 100% certain, it did look like one Midol
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Criticizing a behavior I don't like does not mean I am attacking or hating the person engaging in that behavior. It just means I have a critical opinion of how he is behaving right now. I don't "hate" Dave. I dislike his words and actions as they have been shown to us of late, and will criticize him about those, but I am certainly not attacking him.
    Yes, and I am also critizing the behaviour. I wasn't talking about you personally, and in retrospect hate wasn't a word I should have used. Many have mentioned the criticism via Facebook etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat
    everyone has a right to change their opinion on a team as they so desire
    I didn't mean to induce a backlash of people needing to feel they must defend themselves... which is why I put this in there. EVERYONE has a right to their own opinion, of course. I just might not agree with it.

I don't think I got my point across. My main point was that we often jump to choosing sides, (again, we are allowed!), but I'm not going to cheer for BR because someone else behaved poorly once.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-28-2014 at 01:48 PM.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am not 100% certain, it did look like one Midol
    Yes, it's a double U-turn.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I haven't heard Rachel whine that much, if at all. Dave has been a whiner for a few weeks now
    ? doing what. All I saw was him get mad at being U Turned, he says a couple of things and folks are all over him.

These folks are basically sitting, eating, sleeping and racing against each other for 30 days or so. There is probably a lot we are not seeing as far as socializing, hanging out together, getting on each others nerves, joking around etc .... they probably don't have a chance to communicate with their friends or family because of game rules, I think some of the ragging on about the other teams is due to that more than anything. Considering the smack that professional athletes say to other teams the dissing of Brenchel is nothing. I don't have a problem with them wanting to win the race it's that they know how to make enemies while doing so.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread