+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: 4/20 TAR 24: Episode 8 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 TAR 24: Episode 8 **West Coast Spoilers**

I do not think we saw how long the challenge actually took, I am sure teams were there for many hours.
    redsox girl likes this.
    There's no place like home!

To the Point

Well, Brenchal is really racing hard, but I just don't want them to win. I realize that all these teams have been on multiple times but for some reason these two bug me the most. I feel like the rest of them have a life outside of reality tv, these two seem to be making reality tv their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Well, Brenchal is really racing hard, but I just don't want them to win. I realize that all these teams have been on multiple times but for some reason these two bug me the most. I feel like the rest of them have a life outside of reality tv, these two seem to be making reality tv their lives.
    Yes, they deem themselves some sort of stars I guess, OTOH this is the show that invited them on, they shouldn't have to turn it down anymore than my beloved Cowboys. I don't want Brenchal to win, I am just not sure who I do want to win now
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't have a problem with contestants helping each other out on a show like Face Off because the original concept belongs to each contestant and sometimes they could use help getting the work completed on time for the judging. Just having their work finished doesn't necessarily mean they're going to win, though, if their concept isn't as good as another contestant's.

The Amazing Race, is different because it is a RACE! People are eliminated based on who gets to the mat last so putting yourself behind and possibly going up for elimination because you stopped to help another team is just plain idiotic! Sure, you can go home with your morals and ethics intact by helping another team but you're also going home without the money.

And I don't think teams who don't stop to help are necessarily amoral. They're under no obligation to help other teams because they're running their own game.
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-22-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't have a problem with contestants helping each other out on a show like Face Off because the original concept belongs to each contestant and sometimes they could use help getting the work completed on time. Just having their work finished doesn't necessarily mean they're going to win, though, if their concept isn't as good as another contestant's.

The Amazing Race, is different because it is a RACE! People are eliminated based on who gets to the mat last so putting yourself behind and possibly going up for elimination because you stopped to help another team is just plain idiotic! Sure, you can go home with your morals and ethics intact by helping another team but you're also going home without the money.

And I don't think teams who don't stop to help are necessarily amoral. They're under no obligation to help other teams because they're running their own game.
    Good post Pikachu I agree 100%
    -Andy Rooney-

I would love to see the Cowboys or the Afghanimals win. And I would root for any team, even Brendan and Rachel, over the Country Singers. I have grown very tired of their Damsels in Distress routine. They need help with every task, and would have been eliminated long ago without the kindness (some would say foolishness) of others. I like to feel that a team has earned the victory on their own. I will not feel that way if those two win.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Sorry to see FT&BE go. I really like them.

Though I have no love for Brenchel I can't fault them for the U-turn. After all, they won $15,000 with the move.
    NCLurker likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I haven't watched this season at all because I just plain don't care for it, so the only way I've been keeping up is through here. Just wanted to comment on how I see people aren't liking the Country Girls for saying they're good but the they pass by on a lot of stuff because other teams help them. Me, I don't mind that at all. As it's been said here, it's a race, you shouldn't be helping people, at least not this late and especially not if you're in the back of the pack (anybody remember Julia helping Lorena with the camel milking thing when they were the last two teams many seasons ago?).

I don't really care if the girls toot their own horns in the process, if the other teams want to help them get ahead and they're taking advantage of it, I say all the more power to them. Heck, I know I'd do the same thing, if someone wanted to help me go from the back of the pack to the front, I'd take that help and leave them in the dust.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Sorry to see FT&BE go. I really like them.

Though I have no love for Brenchel I can't fault them for the U-turn. After all, they won $15,000 with the move.
    The only reason I chose Brenchal for my pool, is because they are fierce competitors, even between themselves. $15, 000 is nothing to sneeze at either.
    -Andy Rooney-

Since it's getting down to the wire, I figure I'd better weigh-in with my wish-list final three: (1) Afganimals (2) Dave & Conner (3) Jet & Cord. In that order.

+ Reply to Thread