+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: 4/20 TAR 24: Episode 8 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 TAR 24: Episode 8 **West Coast Spoilers**

I didn't really mind the teams helping each other so much this episode. They all knew Flight Time and Big Easy were still behind them, so the chances of them coming in last weren't as big of an issue. But, I would hope they wouldn't be helping each other out in such a tight race again what with the final three just around the corner. I thought Dave whined about the U-Turn way too much - its part of the game. Your age doesn't give you a pass. I actually liked the Afganimals this episode, actually they've been pretty cool this whole season. For some reason they aren't grating my nerves like before.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

As Leo and his partner said: "It was an honor being u-turned by Dave and Connor. Dave has taught us a lot this season. He has raised Connor to be a gentleman." I'll take that as a stamp of approval (from a team who said it when they were in jeopardy of losing because Dave and Connor u-turned them, no less) about how sincerely decent someone is since the people making the statement know Dave and Connor in a way we never will. Dave being cranky (for lack of a better word) is hardly an indication he isn't so nice after all, even sincerely nice people have their moments, And those moments tend to be magnified and blown out of proportion. Just my opinion.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    As Leo and his partner said: "It was an honor being u-turned by Dave and Connor. Dave has taught us a lot this season. He has raised Connor to be a gentleman." I'll take that as a stamp of approval (from a team who said it when they were in jeopardy of losing because Dave and Connor u-turned them, no less) about how sincerely decent someone is since the people making the statement know Dave and Connor in a way we never will. Dave being cranky (for lack of a better word) is hardly an indication he isn't so nice after all, even sincerely nice people have their moments, And those moments tend to be magnified and blown out of proportion. Just my opinion.

An honour to be u turned made us LOL. If they had been booted off because of that, we didnt think that little gem would have made the show.
    Arielflies, Moontat and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I agreed with the poster (azchristian?) who stated that helping people throughout the race or deliberately not helping are just two different strategies you can use to your advantage... neither is heinous or improper if used logically.
    If you feel like it won't get you eliminated, a little help can go a long way. On the other hand, helping a strong team from being eliminated isn't a great strategy.

In this case, I feel like Rachel and Brendan made a dumb move. U-turning a team right behind you is only done to clinch yourself a win. It would have been smarter to U-turn a really strong team that started further back (eg. Afghanimals) to increase their chances of being eliminated. The best U-turn you can do is the one that results in an elimination because that team won't be back to work against you. What were the chance of Dave and Conner failing to finish since the were so close to the front? It was bad strategy, and all for 15,000 bucks... with a million on the line.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I agreed with the poster (azchristian?) who stated that helping people throughout the race or deliberately not helping are just two different strategies you can use to your advantage... neither is heinous or improper if used logically.
    If you feel like it won't get you eliminated, a little help can go a long way. On the other hand, helping a strong team from being eliminated isn't a great strategy.

In this case, I feel like Rachel and Brendan made a dumb move. U-turning a team right behind you is only done to clinch yourself a win. It would have been smarter to U-turn a really strong team that started further back (eg. Afghanimals) to increase their chances of being eliminated. The best U-turn you can do is the one that results in an elimination because that team won't be back to work against you. What were the chance of Dave and Conner failing to finish since the were so close to the front? It was bad strategy, and all for 15,000 bucks... with a million on the line.
    So you agree with Rachel then
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    An honour to be u turned made us LOL. If they had been booted off because of that, we didnt think that little gem would have made the show.
    Not too sure here - the Afghans obviously felt that it was also a respect thing as well because they were seen as a threat. Note too that they were U-Turned twice before - in ONE season - and have still made it to the finish line without being eliminated (well until the final four their first go).

So, yeah, they probably would've been upset being eliminated if they were, but they saw it as good game play and knowing WHO it was who U-Turned them, and knowing they too were having to do the second challenge, worked it to their advantage.

I saw their comment as being respectful of both Dave and Connor as well as respect for their understanding of the game and U-Turning the team - doubly so when we know Dave and Connor KNEW that the cowboys were there and could've easily U-Turned them instead.
    Photobabe and Jaceegirl like this.

Not too sure here - the Afghans obviously felt that it was also a respect thing as well because they were seen as a threat. Note too that they were U-Turned twice before - in ONE season - and have still made it to the finish line without being eliminated (well until the final four their first go).
    Maybe that's how Dave should have seen it, shame he isn't more like the Afghans
    -Andy Rooney-

I think the Afghanimals were showing off as crazy, fun, irreverent, lying contestants the first time around. They are definately showing a different, still fun, but respectful and eager to work with others side of themselves. I think they must have taken to heart the criticisms of their behavior last time and perhaps they feel a responsibility to better represent the Afghan-American community they and their families are part of. I like them a lot this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I think the Afghanimals were showing off as crazy, fun, irreverent, lying contestants the first time around. They are definately showing a different, still fun, but respectful and eager to work with others side of themselves. I think they must have taken to heart the criticisms of their behavior last time and perhaps they feel a responsibility to better represent the Afghan-American community they and their families are part of. I like them a lot this time around.
    I enjoyed them last time, so yes, this time is even better for me. I hope they win, and don't even have them in my pool
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Well said Redsox girl! I do think the Dave was cranky this episode, but that's not how he usually acts from what we've seen, and from what we hear from the other contestants. We will never know what actually goes on because we only see what the edits let us see. The best way to tell what a team is like most of the time is to see how other teams respond to them.
    Punkin, waywyrd, Florimel and 4 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread