+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: 4/13 TAR 24: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/13 TAR 24: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

I agree Lynne. FT just walked up and asked several people how many steps they were? I love these guys but do what the others did, climb and count!
    wannasee and esposa like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't have a problem with the teams asking strangers for help. I only would have a problem with it if they asked if other teams had been there before them and asked what answer they got. That would feel like cheating because they basically copied someone else's work.

I know some Roman numerals but not all of them so I would have to ask strangers if they could look it up for me on their phones or if they just happened to know. I think it would be unrealistic to expect all the teams to have to leave the site and hunt down a library or internet cafe so they could do the translation.

BTW, asking stangers how many steps there were obviously didn't help Flight Time since he got many different answers. That's one drawback of asking strangers for help instead of counting the steps yourself!

BTW, asking stangers how many steps there were obviously didn't help Flight Time since he got many different answers. That's one drawback of asking strangers for help instead of counting the steps yourself!
    That's what I kept yelling at him! LOL
    I mean after the first couple , it should have clicked
    -Andy Rooney-

Does anyone notice how Phil loves to say the word "massage". It's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremist View Post
    Wow. The Afghanimals were cutting it thin by assuming that the country singers were behind and gave John/Jessica and Globetrotters the answer. A slightest error like running the wrong way to the pitstop could have got them eliminated! Thankfully for them it all worked out well.

Initially, I thought the Afghanimals will only give John/Jessica the answer, and force the Globetrotters to elimination. Will have majorly sucked for the Globetrotters, but strategically, it might have been a great move to eliminate another all-male physical team. I know this has been going on for many seasons, but the producers should consider putting in some measures to stop a team from just handing another team a free pass to the challenge!
    I think they don't have any measures to stop a team from handing another team the answer in a challenge for ONE simple fact:

They are willingly putting themselves up for the risk of elimination when they hand out the answer. Smart folks don't do that without knowing there is a good chance that they're safe. Here, the Afghanimals as you said could've easily gotten themselves eliminated, but they all seriously thought the country girls were still on the speed bump challenge. Now they know the risk, it probably won't be given out as easily, and from the sound of things, we're seeing that change.

So, I think as long as they are doing the risk/reward by their own choice to hand out the answer, then production will just let it fly because they're doing it at their own risk.

I do agree on public help though - sometimes it's overused IMHO, and production can intervene there a bit to keep it to a dull roar by saying to the people "Don't let them use your phones until X amount of time has passed." They can easily put it in the agreement folks have to sign to have their likeness on the show (that's why some cases you see folk's faces blurred out, they said no or left before the agreement was signed).

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree Lynne. FT just walked up and asked several people how many steps they were? I love these guys but do what the others did, climb and count!
    They weren't the only team to ask how many steps there were.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    They weren't the only team to ask how many steps there were.
    But he kept asking and getting the wrong answer, anyway he didn't hear me yelling.
    Punkin likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Brandon and Rachel are ruining this season for me. The show airs so much of them, I have a hard time trying to fast forward past. She is just too ignorant for me to bear watching.

I was surprised at them and a few others not knowing that Rome is the Eternal City. Also had trouble with the lack of knowledge about Roman numerals. There are only seven letters after all, not very difficult to remember. The only trick is to remember that if the smaller letter (in value) is to the right of the larger, it's value is added. If it's to the left, then subtract. No more than three of a letter can be to the right.It gets a little trickier if you have to multiply or divide, but they didn't have to do that.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wouldn't have known what was the Eternal City, either. Sure, I've heard that term before but I couldn't remember what city it was in reference to. I know the small roman numbers the most, X, V, and I, because I'm more likely to see those in bullet points in business letters and in outlines. I remember MCM from watching movie credits and at the end they have the year in roman numerals. I think L is 50 (?). I'd have to look up anything else.

We did study roman numerals briefly in high school but it was a short segment and that was a long time ago. I've had no need to use those numbers since then.

I did know Ethiopia was not the Eternal City.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

When they showed a brief flash of the Roman numerals, I could swear they ended in "VIIII" . . . shouldn't that have been "IX" if it were "9"?
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast