+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: 3/30 TAR 24: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/30 TAR 24: Episode 6 **West Coast Spoilers**

He may have been kidding, but it seemed to come out harsher than he likely expected it to. I doubt John and Jessica even heard him as they raced by, though.

I also didn't get the panic to come in first this leg. Sure, there's an awesome prize, but to run over the train tracks was stupid on the Afghanimals part. Sure, it's unlikely you would be hit by a train, but you could easily sprain an ankle and then what good would coming in first this leg do, if you're hurt for the rest of the race?
    Duckyface likes this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    He may have been kidding, but it seemed to come out harsher than he likely expected it to. I doubt John and Jessica even heard him as they raced by, though.

I also didn't get the panic to come in first this leg. Sure, there's an awesome prize, but to run over the train tracks was stupid on the Afghanimals part. Sure, it's unlikely you would be hit by a train, but you could easily sprain an ankle and then what good would coming in first this leg do, if you're hurt for the rest of the race?
    They wanted to beat the cowboys, nothing more nothing less .Plus, they are men.
    dagwood, NCLurker, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes the cowboys still have their pass. I think they have until the final 5 legs, but not sure. I know it should be coming up, if they are going to use it.
    Oh wait.....

the Blondes will have an extra detour and I am sure they will beg for the other pass
    NCLurker likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Yes the cowboys still have their pass. I think they have until the final 5 legs, but not sure. I know it should be coming up, if they are going to use it.
    Oh wait.....

the Blondes will have an extra detour and I am sure they will beg for the other pass
    I bet they don't.
    -Andy Rooney-

The cowboys can't give the second pass away, right? Just as they could not have used the first pass themselves.

It's actually a road bump for the country girls, not an extra detour. Road bumps don't seem to be particularly time consuming, but they can be a killer if the others are hot on your tail.

I can't recall the cowboys having used their own Express Pass, only burn the second pass on the first chance they got. They probably need to use their own express pass on one of the next two legs. They'll probably save it for the very last moment, unless perhaps they hear there's a U-turn coming up, in which case it can be a good thing to use the express pass to pass the U-turn before anyone else can U-turn you.
    Punkin likes this.

The only two teams left I want to see gone are Brendan/Rachel and Leo/Jamal. Thank goodness for DVR and fast forward remotes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Thels View Post
    The cowboys can't give the second pass away, right? Just as they could not have used the first pass themselves.

It's actually a road bump for the country girls, not an extra detour. Road bumps don't seem to be particularly time consuming, but they can be a killer if the others are hot on your tail.

I can't recall the cowboys having used their own Express Pass, only burn the second pass on the first chance they got. They probably need to use their own express pass on one of the next two legs. They'll probably save it for the very last moment, unless perhaps they hear there's a U-turn coming up, in which case it can be a good thing to use the express pass to pass the U-turn before anyone else can U-turn you.
    I could not think of the term...Road Bump
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    The only two teams left I want to see gone are Brendan/Rachel and Leo/Jamal. Thank goodness for DVR and fast forward remotes.
    I couldn't FF through the Tuk Tuk challenge, it had them all in it. Did you FF through that? you missed some great footage
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I didn't experience Dave as being pushy. I think he was actually getting frustrated, because other people were crowding in front of him in line. If he'd been successfully pushy, he wouldn't have been so slow to finish. And I thought he was just kidding around with his comment about "beating an old man in a foot race." But maybe I'm biased, since they're the home town team.
    ITA I didn't see Dave as being pushy at all. In fact he had already discussed with the country girl who did the task that he was next for the pump and John was the one who started to grab it away. Dave actually told him to go ahead and take it as long as he was after John. John even made a comment saying that those that are the most insane are the ones that are most successful. So, I found Dave to be more then generous in that situation. Later John was the one who told Rachel she was not doing the task correctly, but he told her only after she had gotten his Tuck Tuck into position. He was aware that she was doing it wrong earlier, but didn't tell her then. I also felt Dave was joking as they were running to the Pit Stops. He knows and has said that when it comes to running he can't keep up with the young ones and not only the age difference, but having the surgery he did I'm sure doesn't help when running.

I absolutely loved this episode for so many reasons. The task itself was so funny to watch them all run around trying to get their Tuck Tuck's filled in whatever manner they could. I had my closed captioning on and the country girl doing the task said she actually got hit a couple of times.

I am finding that this season is turning out (so far) to be much better then I originally thought. I think all these teams are in it to win it, so naturally have a competitive spirit while racing against each other, but I think they also have respect for each other. You could see that when they were in the taxis racing against each other, but all with big smiles on their faces.

The country side was just beautiful to see and it was nice to hear some of their thoughts about it while traveling on the train. Can I just say how amazing those elephants are!!! I could have watched them forever. While the other task didn't show us the beauty part that the elephants themselves did I had no knowledge of what elephant dung was used for and another reason why I like this show so much. I love to learn about what the different countries do to make a living and I doubt I would have found this out any other way.

I don't know whose decision it is to show us what gets aired because I have seen at least one clip that wasn't aired where I didn't like the way that Brendon was with Rachel. I have never been a big Brenchel fan, but so far they haven't aired anything that shows her having her usual melt downs. This particular clip it was Brendon who was having the meltdown and I feel he comes down fairly hard on her at times. He always says he is sorry, but he shouldn't do it to begin with. I am glad that they didn't air it although Rachel was the bigger person in it.

I'm sure that the closer we get to the end some claws may come out with all these teams, but for now I am enjoying all of them and just enjoying this race completely.
    Arielflies, wannasee and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I couldn't FF through the Tuk Tuk challenge, it had them all in it. Did you FF through that? you missed some great footage
    I saw a lot of it, but fast forwarded through as much of Rachel as I could, but there was so much focus on her that I couldn't get past it all.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast