+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: 3/16 TAR 24: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/16 TAR 24: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

I like all the remaining teams, although the Afganamimals still annoy me at times. I think Rachel showed at lot of kindness and maturity this episode. I'm beginning to like her.
    Punkin, FireWoman, GabbyG and 5 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Yay, the cowboys hit the mat first. Cord says "We're like butter...we're on a roll."
    I LMAO at this, like for minutes. It was just something about the deadpan delivery, I couldn't stop laughing. Thank you, Cord, I needed that!

Again the cowboys make it look easy except when Cord had trouble jumping high enough to get the flag. These were two hard tasks although the drink one seemed a bit harder to me. Dave and Connor continue to impress me as well. Dave did really good on getting the flag and weren't far behind the cowboys in doing the drink task. I'm glad they got another chance to race.

Tilden you were on a roll with your Rachel commentary and I have to thank you for the laughs along the way.

Why is Rachel wearing pantyhose in this heat? Soon as she took them off she made it.
    Midol I was wondering the same thing myself. My guess is that she feels it makes her legs look better and goes with her sparkly green sequined shorts.

So, Rachel and Brendan come in last and it's a non-elimination leg. What a surprise that is NOT. Last week they squeaked by and it wasn't a NEL. Astounding once again.
    Florimel I feel the same way about Rachel and Brendon as you do. I have never been a fan and I am rather sick of seeing them on all the different Reality TV shows. I didn't watch the one where they got their super expensive fancy wedding, but I heard plenty about her behavior on it. Brendon is suppose to be going to school for his PhD and at one time he said he needed to stick with it and finish. They even appear occasionally on the soap The Bold and the Beautiful where he plays a bartender and she a cocktail waitress. She also did that in LA before going on Big Brother the first time. It didn't help them with the task tonight, but the NEL sure did. It seems to me that things always have a way of working out for them and it does make you wonder. I would have preferred to see the Chippendales back over them. She did reach out to help Luke in this episode, but unless she has changed drastically from all the other times I have seen her I expect to see the real Rachel emerge again.

This is the second time that there has been a big difference in flight times. I don't remember that happening that often before, but it turned out that the 2nd and 3rd flight left at the same time so it didn't matter as much as it did last week.

Previews looked funny with the cowboys fishing and saying "here fishy, fishy, fishy, fishy"
    sclilred1 likes this.

I still love my cowboys..♥ goodness when Cord was jumping I was sure worried though( good gravy)

The drink challenge looked hard but I am glad Margie told Luke off. I could see his frustration though - heck even Brendan said he wanted to smash some glasses, but then it is Brendan. Why on earth did Rcahel have pantyhose on? how very very weird..and how did she take them off? I saw it blur a little( again)

The scratch challenge got on our nerves, although its not as easy as it looks.( obviously) Glad the country girls got it.

Connor and Dave are like Jet and Cord - get it done and don't whine .
    Love AR
    NCLurker and GabbyG like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I still love my cowboys..♥ goodness when Cord was jumping I was sure worried though( good gravy)

The drink challenge looked hard but I am glad Margie told Luke off. I could see his frustration though - heck even Brendan said he wanted to smash some glasses, but then it is Brendan. Why on earth did Rcahel have pantyhose on? how very very weird..and how did she take them off? I saw it blur a little( again)

The scratch challenge got on our nerves, although its not as easy as it looks.( obviously) Glad the country girls got it.

Connor and Dave are like Jet and Cord - get it done and don't whine .
    Love AR
    I'd throw in Flight Time and Big Easy as another pair who get it done and don't whine. All three of those teams seem to have genuinely good times on the race too--maybe not all the time, since everyone has something go wrong now and again, but they try to be optimistic even when things aren't necessarily going well.
    waywyrd, Florimel, shyra and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'd throw in Flight Time and Big Easy as another pair who get it done and don't whine. All three of those teams seem to have genuinely good times on the race too--maybe not all the time, since everyone has something go wrong now and again, but they try to be optimistic even when things aren't necessarily going well.
    Yes FT and BE make me smile I mentioned that last week they are so easy going, but as you say they get it done I like to see teams that are genuinely enjoying their time on this show
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes FT and BE make me smile I mentioned that last week they are so easy going, but as you say they get it done I like to see teams that are genuinely enjoying their time on this show
    I know some people aren't fans, but I would throw in the Afganimals in with the Cowboys, Globetrotters and Dave and Connor as a team who seem to enjoy their time on the race, are friendly with locals and rarely get upset with one another.

I am actually pretty happy this season with those four teams that I really like and even Brenchel is kind of fun for me. The singers are OK too. I'm not a big fan of Margie and Luke or the other couple. He still bugs me for some reason....maybe because he never really genuinely accepted responsibility for going out with the express pass in their pocket during their first season.
    holly71, Punkin and esposa like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I know some people aren't fans, but I would throw in the Afganimals in with the Cowboys, Globetrotters and Dave and Connor as a team who seem to enjoy their time on the race, are friendly with locals and rarely get upset with one another.

I am actually pretty happy this season with those four teams that I really like and even Brenchel is kind of fun for me. The singers are OK too. I'm not a big fan of Margie and Luke or the other couple. He still bugs me for some reason....maybe because he never really genuinely accepted responsibility for going out with the express pass in their pocket during their first season.
    I agree Midol the Afganimals always enjoy themselves. I didn't find them annoying last time though. Rachael isn't as annoying as usual. All in all they are good teams to watch..
    -Andy Rooney-

I have watched all of the AR shows however when I read that Rachel and Brendon where going to be on this season I just couldn't deal with her and decided not to watch. Due to nothing else being on tonight I decided to watch and I have to say that I was very impressed with her. Maybe I will watch the rest of the season now.
    holly71, Punkin, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    So, Rachel and Brendan come in last and it's a non-elimination leg. What a surprise that is NOT. Last week they squeaked by and it wasn't a NEL. Astounding once again. Amazing Race was the last of the reality shows I had any reason to believe was legitimate.

I cannot stand this pair and the fact their polluting the airwaves. It's amazing how the world population keeps growing when there are so many people managing to reproduce without having won this or any other reality show. Fast forward button is now in use whenever these two are being featured. I'll take Luke and Margie over them anytime. I couldn't care less about his sexuality. None of my business.
    In fairness to Rachel and Brendan... in this case I'm not surprised that it was an NEL regardless of whoever came in last.

Reasons?

1. You had them jumping on a bamboo trampoline that even BIG EASY had trouble getting to the flag (it took him nearly a dozen times, and I;ve seen the guy in action in person with the Globetrotters - he CAN jump).

2. You had a detour which not only could one team not switch to the other one (Margie and Luke) it took a lot of luck, skill and timing. The first place team AND the last place team spent about the same amount of time completing the task (3 hours) so it took a while. Even the record scratching you'd had to get it right the first time or you'd spend some time relearning them (as they had seven tracks to play).

3. Average time I've noticed they'd placed the NEL is the fourth-fifth leg. It was time for it regardless given how many legs they average each season and usually having 2-3 NELs.

In short - I think it'd been anyone, and doubt their involvement with CBS in "Big Brother" had any influence in it.

I do agree with some who've said that this time I wasn't upset it saved the two either - they do have their childish moments, but I've never seen them get to the level Luke did in either show. They've cried and gotten angry, but not break anything (at least intentionally). Even at Rachel's worst, I think she's behaved better than Luke has. Personally, I think Luke and Margie should've been assessed a penalty by Phil on top of it (though admittedly they may have done that and it didn't factor in, similar to Dallas and Starr when he got a speeding ticket but it was never on TV because it didn't factor in placings).

(On a positive, I'm glad Margie FINALLY dressed Luke down for his behavior. Took her a tad to long IMHO.)
    holly71, Punkin, FlyAKite and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread