+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: 3/2 TAR 24: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/2 TAR 24: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

I was really disappointed in Mallory's attitude when mark wanted to go back for his stuff. I could see going without it if it was close to the end of the race, but only 2 legs in, I'd want my stuff too. Mallory was being a bit of a brat about it. Didn't like seeing that side of her. I also highly doubt she would feel that way if it was her stuff that got left behind, despite what she claims.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Feel bad for Mark, but you could tell his heart wasn't in it to race without Bopper. I didn't expect Mallory and Mark to go that far because they seem to come from different backgrounds. Mark even mentioned it in the cab - talking about how it was easy for her to replace things, but he wasn't able to do the same thing. Mark seems like the type of person who has a lot of pride and maybe wouldn't feel comfortable borrowing things from other racers. Since Mark did such a great job putting the car together and carried it to the cab I would think Mallory would be sure to check to make sure the backpack was with them. I wasn't quite sure if Mallory and Bopper know each other, and that's why she was the replacement for him or what.

I guess part of doing the race is accomplishing the tasks no matter how you go about it, but I didn't really care for the way the country girls went about it - flirting to get the extra Express Pass. I don't remember the name of the one who started the task, but she complained from the beginning that she was not good at putting things together. She might have surprised herself if she had tried. I do remember them flirting in their prior race.

It would have been nice if things had ended where the Cowboys still had that Express Pass and were able to give it to Mark and Mallory instead. Ultimately for both Mark and Bopper. I guess it wasn't part of the plan that Mark spoke about.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 03-02-2014 at 10:08 PM.
    esposa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Eric & Danielle were on seperate teams in their first season. Then they started dating and teamed up for all-stars. They were extremely unlikeable and like I said, Eric was horrible. And they won. Which made it worse.

But while Mark/Mallory are better than they are, I still don't want a "fake" all-star team to win again.
    I'm sorry! I meant "I can understand that". It was a typo.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

The Cowboys are freaking race experts. Giving a weak team the express pass served two purposes. First and foremost they knew it was going to be used immediately so it gets it out of play. Secondly they got a chance to eliminate a stronger team. I wish it had been the YouTube team that went instead but Mark and Mallory were never going to win. They were imploding at each step of the race. It was not a good match. Sadly going back for the backpack did prove their downfall. I blame her and him equally for that. He had the car so she should have made sure both their stuff was accounted for, but he should have agreed to race without the backpack.

I do wonder though if they could have gone back and gotten it after checking in since they have a 12 hour mandatory rest period and they were in the same city. I would have probably continued and then asked about either myself or a PA going back for the backpack. Sure there was a risk it could end up gone but going back was a million dollar decision.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

CCL

I don't think they would have been allowed to go back. I seem to remember another incident where a team had to go get their pack if they wanted to keep it before checking in. Maybe that pack had their passport in it though, not sure.
    It was Mallory's fault the bag was left behind. She had been carrying it while Mark had the car. And I understand him wanting to go back. She was being a brat.
    Ugh, blondes. "Putting together cars is a man's job". While it may have turned out ok for the cowboys to give their pass away I don't really think that in that split second they thought though the idea before giving it away. They should have at least had the blondes promise they could hit the mat first, in case they were the last two teams.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Eric & Danielle were on seperate teams in their first season. Then they started dating and teamed up for all-stars. They were extremely unlikeable and like I said, Eric was horrible. And they won. Which made it worse.

But while Mark/Mallory are better than they are, I still don't want a "fake" all-star team to win again.
    Now see I'd actually like to see the teams mixed up at all stars. Forcing people to race with different team members would make us see if they're really All Stars. They would be shocked from the get-go and we'd see how they really do under pressure. That being said, I'd want the pairings to be random not pre-determined like Eric and Danielle. Imagine Jet and Rachel racing together. Would bee too funny. The only problem would be Margie and Luke, but if I never see them on my TV again I'd be fine with that.
    Jezebella and AZChristian like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fan

Hmm.. Jessica and John and the country singers left the pitstop after the Youtubers at the start of the leg! Some kind of unexplained penalty?

Mark and Mallory were hard to watch .Not suited at all. Love the cowboys, I think they were glad to be rid of the other express pass, and now they are the only team with one.

How silly of the Your tube girl to help the last team with their car - I really hate this helping. I doubt we will ever see that with Rachel and her hubby. I haven't much time for Margie and her Luke
    Them all ending up on the mat and saying good bye to M&M seemed a little contrived to me-it was an okay episode
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

At one point in the episode when Mark was getting frustrated with Mallory he was like "People in Kentucky don't act like that".

Well what does this mean? Everyone in that region is perfect? I hear it so many times it's annoying.
    Hello?

I think he was just trying to tell her calm down and stop whinning.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread