+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: 3/2 TAR 24: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/2 TAR 24: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

And yea...I wanted Marge/Luke and Rachel/Brendon out. Please! And to think that both of them were in the top two really irks me! Both teams have an annoying 12yo in them.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    And yea...I wanted Marge/Luke and Rachel/Brendon out. Please! And to think that both of them were in the top two really irks me! Both teams have an annoying 12yo in them.
    Luke and Rachel as a team .......... mmmmm!
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I thought Margie/Luke were fan favorites.
    They're favorites of mine. I also don't have a problem with the country girls flirting. I did it frequently in my young days when I wanted a man to do something for me I wasn't good at. In the same way, I was happy to do something for him that I was good at. I liked it when men and women celebrated their differences.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

My Dream Team if they could race in threes would be Luke, Mallory and Rachel. Seriously think about all the tears and whining.

Can they call time out in the Amazing Race?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

When Mallory and Mark returned to the detour (roadblock? I never can figure out which is which!) and saw all the teams were still there and they knew how long it had taken them to travel back for the backpack, that should have clued them into the fact that it wasn't an easy task and would take quite a bit of time. I believe they originally arrived at the task at the same time as Dave and Connor who were still at it when they returned. At that point I would've chosen to do the cup massage thinking they sort-of have a rough idea at that point of at least how long the hackysack was going to take and there may be a chance the massage would be quicker.
    holly71 likes this.

It was kinda funny to see seven teams arrive at the pit stop together.

This backpack thing was a huge thing on Mark&Mallory. While they were strangers to one another and didn't knew each other's strengths and weaknesses, they weren't actually arguing with one another and still cooperating with one another quite well. If this backpack thing hadn't occurred, they might've reached a lot further.

I do think the bag was guarded by TAR staff. It was just too public of a place to still be there for them to collect. Surely people lost stuff before, like the bag with the passport in Russia that was discussed earlier in this thread, but that was a situation where the TAR staff had no control over it. The taxi driver simply drove off with their bags. Though it seems like every other year a backpack seems to go missing. The one in Russia, Anthony&Bates getting robbed in the train, the Chippendales getting rid of theirs voluntarily...

Losing stuff to the NEL is not exactly the same as losing stuff out in the world. For one, I assume that any stuff you lose to the NEL you get back after the race, so you don't actually lose it, but just don't have access to it for the remainder of the race. Mark's backpack ain't even his own. He probably doesn't have a proper backpack himself and borrowed one from a friend rather than buying one himself for a one-time use. I can find it totally understanding that he didn't just want to discard the bag.

Also, what was Meghan thinking, helping John out like that? They were the beforelast and last teams at that time. If Mark&Mallory hadn't totally screwed up, helping John would've cost Meghan the race, as the teams arrived mere seconds from one another.

And I agree with the others. The massage, while easy, seemed to take a very long time. The kicks didn't seem that hard. I personally would've taken the massage as well, as I'm totally clumsy on that kind of stuff and would've taken forever. Seems like Mallory should've pushed for the same thing. I don't know what she was trying to do sometimes, but it looked like she wanted to headbutt the thing... towards the ground? Actually, considering how bad she was performing there, it might be that they would've lost even if they did not misplace the backpack, as we have no idea how much time was spent on the task.

Mostly disappointed because for whatever reason, I remembered Mallory as more easy-going and...joyful in some things. It was really a war of wills, there, and all to do with Mark's ingrained belief in taking care of what you've got vs. Mallory's "everything is replaceable" theory. I don't know for sure, obviously, but I think I would have tried to go on without my pack...even though it WAS Mallory's responsbility. Didn't Mark even say something about her getting the packs, when they left the challenge? I don't think that ended when they got to the cab.

I also disliked the Country Girls flirting for the Express Pass (and was with the You Tube Girl about how it looked for women), but was a little appeased because I really don't think the flirting had anything to do with the Cowboys giving it. I think it was a prelude to all the flirting and begging that would ensue, and they were better off parted with it. The shame of it for me was, I really liked the CG in their season. So, a bit let down by a couple of teams, so far.

I don't know how long that hot cup massage would have taken, but would also have liked to see someone try it...and would think someone might have felt in need of it, anyway!

I'd like to believe that the Cowboys aren't going to have their heads turned that easily and they just knew it was easier to be done with it.
    holly71, Photobabe and Midol like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    They had to use race time to do so.
    As a rule I don't think you are allowed to leave the pit stop for anything.
    The reason I said they had the time of the pit stop is because I believe at some locations they are allowed to make calls. You see sometimes they are allowed to call taxis, home, go online, etc. at the pit stops. My bet is the rules change depending on if it is a 12 hour vs. a 36 hour pit stop. Assuming they are allowed to call, if they truly lost their passport (not just misplaced and the producers know where it is) and the next leg is an in-country leg they would be allowed to start the process via phone of getting a new one and they would also probably have to cancel the provided credit-card for airline travel supplied by the producers if that was also lost. I can't imagine the producers allowing the damage that can be done by a lost/stolen passport and a credit card.

My heart broke watching Mark's despair over the possibility of losing some possessions many of us would deem inconsequential. He is not a man of means, so he clearly values and appreciates every item he owns. The fact that his backpack was borrowed just added an extra layer of misery for him. We also don't know if he brought with him special tokens or remembrances from his family that he could not bear to lose.

I feel grateful to Mark for reminding me of the good fortune I have had in my life. He reminded me that the foundation for our station in life is really a matter of luck, determined by the family, geography, and economic condition into which we were born. I need that reminder at times.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread