+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Amazing Race 24 Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Amazing Race 24 Pool

Amazing Race 24 Pool

It's time for another edition of the Amazing Race and once again time to test your skill at picking the couples that will last the longest in the competition! Instructions for registering for the pool are below.

You have until March 2nd before the second episode airs to sign up for the pool. You can sign up early if you want to reserve your team name and have a pool avatar made ahead of time. You have until the deadline to make changes to your team so if you really like a team from their bio and want them on your team, only to find out they get eliminated on the first episode, you can replace them without penalty before the second episode airs.

To sign up for the pool:

1. Choose a team name.
    Use your forum name or come up with something creative.
    2. Choose one couple to be your team captains.
    This couple will earn double points for you.
    3. Choose three additional couples for your team.
    4. Choose one couple to be your reserve team.
    When you lose a couple in the race, your reserve team will come into play. If your reserve team gets eliminated before any other couple on your team, unfortunately you’re out of luck.
    5. Choose a world landmark to be used in your pool team avatar. This step is optional.

The couples you have to choose from are:
    From Seasons 14:
    Margie O'Donnell (previously Adams) and Luke Adams, mother and son, 3rd place
    From Seasons 15:
    Herbert "Flight Time" Lang and Nathaniel "Big Easy" Lofton, teammates on the Harlem Globetrotters, 4th place
    From Seasons 16:
    Jet and Cord McCoy, brothers and Rodeo Cowboys, 2nd place
    From Season 20:
    Brendon Villegas and Rachel Reilly, newlyweds (engaged in season 20), 3rd place
    William "Bopper" Minton and Mark Jackson, best friends, 5th place
    From Season 21:
    Natalie and Nadiya Anderson, twin sisters, 4th place
    From Season 22:
    Caroline Cutbirth and Jennifer Kuhle, friends and country singers in the Stealing Angels, 4th place
    David and Connor O'Leary, father and son, 8th place
    Jessica Hoel and John Erck, engaged (dating in season 22), 9th place
    Joseph "Joey" Graceffa and Meghan Camarena, best friends and YouTube vloggers, 5th place
    From Season 23:
    Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran, cousins, 4th place

Here’s a sign-up list you can copy and paste to submit your choices.

Team Name:
    Team Captains:
    Team Couple 1:
    Team Couple 2:
    Team Couple 3:
    Reserve Team:
    World Landmark:

Points Schedule

Teams will earn 5 points for each week they stay in the competition, plus points based on which order they get to the pit stop each episode.

For every couple a team beats to the pit stop, they'll earn 5 points. So if 4 teams come in after a couple, they'll earn 20 points. The team that comes in last gets no points.

On episodes where the race is to be continued on the following episode, no points for pit stop order will be given but all teams will still receive their 5 points for staying in the race.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Amazing Race 24 Pool

Randomizing.

Team Name: The Brenchel Army
    Team Captains: Brenchel
    Team Couple 1: Margie/Luke
    Team Couple 2: Flight Time/ Big Easy
    Team Couple 3: Natalie/Nadiya
    Reserve Team: Joey/Meghan
    World Landmark: Mount Rushmore with the presidents' faces replaced with Brendon, Rachel, Elissa (Rachel's sister), and Big Easy. Or if that's not possible, then I guess just the White House.

Team Name:On the Road Again
    Team Captains: Caroline/Jennifer
    Team Couple 1: Joey/Meghan
    Team Couple 2: Brendon/Rachel
    Team Couple 3: Jessica/John
    Reserve Team: Jet/Cord
    World Landmark: Sydney Opera House

Team Name: Bopper Boys
    Team Captains: Leo/Jamal (even though I really don't like them, they are a strong team)
    Team Couple 1: Natalie/Nadiya
    Team Couple 2ave/Connor
    Team Couple 3:Mark/Bopper
    Reserve Team: Brendan/Rachel
    World Landmark: Charles Bridge, Prague
    Last edited by AmazingRace24; 01-29-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Please...I want in again!

I was going to use my same name from last season but I see Cootie has dibs so I will have to think on that and get back to you. I don't even remember some of these people and others I'm not such a fan of. For now:

Team Name: To be determined

Team Captains: Leo and Jamal (Keeping it consistent...same as last year.)

Team 1: Brendon and Rachel (I can't help myself. She is annoying but she has grown on me.)
    Team 2: Caroline and Jennifer (They surprised me last time and I think the experience may help them this time.)
    Team 3: David and Connor (I thought they would go far last time but they had that injury. Odd are against them getting hurt again and the Canadian AR was won by a father and son.)

Reserve Team: Natalie and Nadiya (What can I say...I have a soft spot for the loud, annoying ladies.)

World Landmark: The Arc de Triomphe (Hopefully a harbinger of things to come.)

My only real difficulty was choosing the spot that Dave and Connor/Natalie and Nadiya would go, but since all female teams typically don't do as well as male teams and I already had the singers in there, the twinnies are in the reserve...at least for now!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Please...I want in again!

I was going to use my same name from last season but I see Cootie has dibs so I will have to think on that and get back to you. I don't even remember some of these people and others I'm not such a fan of. For now:

Team Name: To be determined

Team Captains: Leo and Jamal (Keeping it consistent...same as last year.)

Team 1: Brendon and Rachel (I can't help myself. She is annoying but she has grown on me.)
    Team 2: Caroline and Jennifer (They surprised me last time and I think the experience may help them this time.)
    Team 3: David and Connor (I thought they would go far last time but they had that injury. Odd are against them getting hurt again and the Canadian AR was won by a father and son.)

Reserve Team: Natalie and Nadiya (What can I say...I have a soft spot for the loud, annoying ladies.)

World Landmark: The Arc de Triomphe (Hopefully a harbinger of things to come.)

My only real difficulty was choosing the spot that Dave and Connor/Natalie and Nadiya would go, but since all female teams typically don't do as well as male teams and I already had the singers in there, the twinnies are in the reserve...at least for now!
    Hey, you can have the name, sorry, I didn't remember that it was used before...I'll think of another one, okay?

Pikachu - please change my name to Cantaloop and give Midol's name back to her - When writing my info down initially, I just made myself think of a name quickly without looking back over last season's names and didn't realize I had acquired her name

My choices are comprised of the teams I enjoyed watching before and include none that I didn't. Probably not the smartest way to play, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Team Name: There and Back Again

Team Captains: Dave/Connor
    Team Couple 1: Flight Time/Big Easy
    Team Couple 2: Jennifer/Caroline
    Team Couple 3: Jet/Cord
    Reserve Team: John/Jessica

World Landmark: Western Wall, Jerusalem
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    Pikachu - please change my name to Cantaloop and give Midol's name back to her - When writing my info down initially, I just made myself think of a name quickly without looking back over last season's names and didn't realize I had acquired her name
    Sure, Cootie. I haven't even started the spreadsheet yet so it's all good.
    Cootie likes this.

I definitely want to be part of this pool again. I want to keep the same team name and same picture from the last race if possible Pikachu. It was RacingDreamers and I still have the picture to upload so don't need a new one. I am in the Survivor Pool for the first time and if possible would like the pictures to loop.

Team Name: Racing Dreamers
    Team Captains: Dave & Connor (wanted them to win before and sad about the injury that took them out of the race)
    Team Couple 1: Caroline & Jennifer (They were a lot stronger then I thought they would be and I liked them)
    Team Couple 2: Brendon & Rachel (Don't care for them, but they were strong before)
    Team Couple 3: Leo & Jamal Guess I put them in the same category as Brendon & Rachel
    Reserve Team: Jet & Cord - just like them
    World Landmark: Eiffel Tower (Same as last season)

This is my preliminary picks so far, and if I make any changes I will do so before the deadline. Thanks so much Pikachu. I will upload the picture you already made for me last season and then once you have done the Survivor one I will need help on the looping of the two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast