+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Amazing Race 24 Pool

Re: Amazing Race 24 Pool

Thanks Fanny. I did have Pikachu's instructions, but something happened with my computer and it's not working correctly right now. I couldn't even use the Reply with Quote feature when I tried replying to your post. My husband has spent a few hours working on it and it's still not right. He has no idea what's going on with it and I know nothing about what makes computers work or in my case not work.

I can't use Internet Explorer at all and right now on Mozilla. At times I can't even switch from one page to the next. So frustrating as it's only about a year old - maybe a little more.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not sure what went wrong with Jaceegirl, except that sometimes the download sites make it hard to figure out what you're supposed to click on to download Giffy or Unfreeze. If they ask if you want to download, install, or run any other program, just say no!

I hate it when you download a program and they change your start page, search engine, and try to install some stupid toolbar. Grrr! Even if you say no at one point, sometimes they'll install it anyway.

BTW, just saw Jacee's post and I use Google Chrome at home. I haven't used Mozilla on my home computer for a long time because it got messed up by a virus or something long ago and hasn't worked right since.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I'm so jealous when I see the people who get their Avatars to switch back and forth. I don't know what I did wrong, but when I tried I must have done something wrong as all at once something overtook my computer and my husband just finished working for a few hours to get it to work again. I'm in the Survivor Pool for the first time ever and was looking forward to having my AR Avatar and the Survivor one to switch back and forth.
    Jacegirl, I don't know if this is your problem, but it's been one for me. If the file is too large in size, the looping wont work here. You may have to go in and reduce the size of each avatar before you combine them I do that in Gimp2, but you can do it in whatever program you have, then I move the files to Unfreez, combine and loop them, then save the new looped file and upload it here. The looping doesn't work for me here if the picture size is 125 x 125 pixels, but it does work if I make them each 120 x 120.

I hope this helps a little.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks so much Pikachu and Florimel. Pikachu what you described was exactly what happened to me. It was like all at once everything started changing like crazy and now no matter what my husband has done to help it won't go back to what I had before. In fact I had already completed this message and then my machine froze and wouldn't let me do a thing. It won't even let me go from one page to the next. The weird part is that my husband uninstalled the "Unfreeze" program, figuring it would go back to working okay and there is no change. He did a bunch of other things, but right now it just isn't working correctly and I don't want to bother him with it any more since he just recently had a knee replacement surgery and right after that had kidney stone surgery. He just recently returned to work full time and I know he still gets tired easily.

Florimel I believe both files are 125 x 125, but I didn't change that or get to that point as I'm afraid to try installing "Unfreeze" again.

Thank you both for all your help - it means a lot to me.

Jaceegirl, any chance you live near Boston? My husband fixes computers (and this sounds like some kind of virus maybe...have you checked?)

And I really need to think of a landmark...

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Jaceegirl, any chance you live near Boston? My husband fixes computers (and this sounds like some kind of virus maybe...have you checked?)

And I really need to think of a landmark...
    Triple so sweet of you to tell me that your husband fixes computers. I live about 80 miles from Boston and if it were a bit closer I would love to have your husband take a look. It must be nice to be married to someone who knows how to fix these things. I think the hardest part is finding someone you trust as I have some friends who didn't have good luck. If the weather were nicer I wouldn't hesitate as we love to visit Boston. Thank you so much for offering.

Yes, after my husband uninstalled the program he did a virus scan and everything came out okay. I am still real sluggish, but went back to IE and am able to go from page to page and actually the "Reply with Quote" works again. Strangest thing.

I don't know what you are looking for in regards to a landmark, but I googled the top 100 and there are some fantastic ones. Was surprised that The Statue of Liberty in New York, USA came out as #1.

Thanks again, and good luck with your landmark search.
    TripleGemini likes this.

If you have issues that your browser is completely screwed up and you can no longer use it, you might as well reset their settings. Note that in most cases, this also makes the browser forget all your passwords, and perhaps even your bookmarks.

Resetting Internet Explorer (without opening Internet Explorer):
    Go to your config panel.
    Open "Internet options".
    Go to the "Advanced" tab.
    Click the "Reset" button.
    Enable "Delete personal settings".
    Click the "Reset" button.

Resetting Firefox:
    Open Firefox. (If Firefox won't open, see below.)
    If the menu is not shown, click "Firefox" in the top left to open the menu.
    In the menu, click "Help", "Troubleshooting Information".
    Click "Reset Firefox".
    Click "Reset Firefox".

Resetting Firefox (without opening Firefox):
    Open an explorer window, for example, by double clicking "My Computer".
    In the address bar, enter "%appdata%" and press enter.
    Doubleclick the "Mozilla" folder.
    Select the "Firefox" folder and press your delete key.
    If that still does not solve the issue, consider uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox.

Other browsers have their own tips and tricks to reset them. Google around for them.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

BTW, there is no deadline for choosing your landmark or your team name. I can change those anytime during the season.

Landmark for the Bumbling Backpacks: Leaning Tower of Pisa

Thanks, pikachu!

My Landmark could be Big Ben
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread