+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Dave & Connor - All Stars

Re: Dave & Connor - All Stars

" I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Considering how well they ran this race I would not have been surprised if they had won on their original season. Dave obviously takes take of himself physically to be able to compete as well as he does.
    Honestly, from everything I read, Dave did nothing but whine, complain and act like a drama queen all through the race. Not to mention how the show decided to bend their rules for them. Ever since season 6, team members are supposed to do an equal amount of Roadblocks each. But it turns out Dave did only five Roadblocks to Connor's eight. It's like they're saying the rules don't apply to you if you're "old".
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Honestly, from everything I read, Dave did nothing but whine, complain and act like a drama queen all through the race. Not to mention how the show decided to bend their rules for them. Ever since season 6, team members are supposed to do an equal amount of Roadblocks each. But it turns out Dave did only five Roadblocks to Connor's eight. It's like they're saying the rules don't apply to you if you're "old".
    Yup
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Did you actually watch the show or only read comments posted here?

People seem to be rewriting history. I didn't see any really negative comments until the U Turn in Italy where it seemed the entire board turned on Dave because he complained about being U Turn. When the heck did he ever act like a Drama Queen? Are people confusing Rachel's behavior with Dave's? Since when can't folks complain? It's part and parcel of any reality show. I can't believe the incredibly high standard that folks are holding Dave to. Seriously, would any of the posters who complained about Dave have acted any different in a high stress situation like that? If anyone here was filmed during a race like that, little sleep, racing for 3 to 4 weeks straight from country to country doing weird things in unfamiliar countries, not understanding the language, trying to navigate in strange cities, eating little food, and then food they were not familiar with, no one here wouldn't have snapped, snarled, growled at their partners, at other racers at the situation they were in? Yeah, right, everyone would have behaved like perfect ladies and gentlemen. Don't think so.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

http://robhasawebsite.com/amazing-ra...-jen-caroline/

Great exits interviews from Dave and Connor, Caroline and Jen and Brendan and Rachel.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Did you actually watch the show or only read comments posted here?

People seem to be rewriting history. I didn't see any really negative comments until the U Turn in Italy where it seemed the entire board turned on Dave because he complained about being U Turn. When the heck did he ever act like a Drama Queen? Are people confusing Rachel's behavior with Dave's? Since when can't folks complain? It's part and parcel of any reality show. I can't believe the incredibly high standard that folks are holding Dave to. Seriously, would any of the posters who complained about Dave have acted any different in a high stress situation like that? If anyone here was filmed during a race like that, little sleep, racing for 3 to 4 weeks straight from country to country doing weird things in unfamiliar countries, not understanding the language, trying to navigate in strange cities, eating little food, and then food they were not familiar with, no one here wouldn't have snapped, snarled, growled at their partners, at other racers at the situation they were in? Yeah, right, everyone would have behaved like perfect ladies and gentlemen. Don't think so.
    Well, both posts here and reading recaps of each leg in other sites. It just seemed to be that all of a sudden, Rachel wasn't the dramatic one and Dave started being it. And then there's that Roadblock issue, which is the second time I see the rules not applying to these two. The first was in their original season.

From what I gather, in challenges that requires puzzles or finding specific, distinctive things, you are not allowed to take a peek at the other racers to see what they're doing or if they found what is needed, unless they actively give you permission or show you. In their original race, in a Roadblock where they had to find a specific surfboard design, Connor took a peek at Winnie's surfboard after she refused to help him because of his refusal to not wanting to return the favor, which ended up in him getting the correct surfboard and he and his dad took first place from Winnie and Pam. That happened in their original season, now in this season the Roadblocks were heavily skewed so Connor ended up doing more Roadblocks than he's supposed to as per race rules. That left an extremely sour taste in my mouth.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Goofy thought just hit me (based on what I'd probably do in similar circumstances). I wonder if Dave asked for senior discounts wherever they went.

I always do. LOL.

I don't think there's any rule about not being allowed to look at other people's puzzles and things. I've seen that a bunch of times. They can try to prevent you from seeing, but there's nothing that says you can't try to look.

Seriously people really blew things out of proportion with Dave. I know there are people watching that disliked them from the start because of their religion, I have read their posts on other blogs (people here aren't bigots) and I think some of those people were just waiting to find something to jump on, so as soon as either one of them said anything it was going to be blown up. I'm really glad they won and Dave's comments about both he and Connor fighting cancer and almost losing Connor made me tear up. Maybe you have to be a parent to get it

They haven't had a rule about having to do an equal number of roadblocks in awhile now. I'm sure there is some rule about the % or something, like a minimum % that a team member has to do, but in several past seasons recently they haven't done an equal amount.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 05-22-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I don't think there's any rule about not being allowed to look at other people's puzzles and things. I've seen that a bunch of times. They can try to prevent you from seeing, but there's nothing that says you can't try to look.

Seriously people really blew things out of proportion with Dave. I know there are people watching that disliked them from the start because of their religion, I have read their posts on other blogs (people here aren't bigots) and I think some of those people were just waiting to find something to jump on, so as soon as either one of them said anything it was going to be blown up. I'm really glad they won and Dave's comments about both he and Connor fighting cancer and almost losing Connor made me tear up. Maybe you have to be a parent to get it

They haven't had a rule about having to do an equal number of roadblocks in awhile now. I'm sure there is some rule about the % or something, like a minimum % that a team member has to do, but in several past seasons recently they haven't done an equal amount.
    Dave was told he had to do the last challenge, but for me it was an easy one. They won. Time for me to move on. I hope they don't race again though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I liked Dave and Conner at the beginning. I was a bit put off by his attitude a couple of times . . . but of the final 3 teams that were there, they were definitely my favorites. I'm glad they won; it was definitely heartwarming to see how much this has brought them even closer than they already were.
    redsox girl and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast