+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Preview is fascinating. Since the faces were shown, it is no longer a spoiler. Rachel whining that she doesn't want to cut her hair - priceless. However, that means India is on the itinerary for next season (Feb) - Boo!
    I believe the teams shown were just part of the tease. I think they asked the viewer "Who will return?" suggesting it would be some of the people shown, not all of them.
    holly71 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Poor Nicole seemed so brow beaten that I think this type of abuse must happen frequently. If it didn't she certainly would have told him to shut the F up and where does he get off. I sure would have. It's pretty obvious that she must put up with a lot of that at home, and likely put up with it in her childhood home as well. My hope is that watching the show will either help him see himself and shape up, or help her see herself and get the heck outta Dodge.

Pinky showed why we all hate her again when they found the wandering soda machine. Instead of saying "Hi, can we have our clue?" she yelled "Stop Moving! Give us our clue Now!" What a witch. I don't know how Tim puts up with it, but was glad to see him get cheered at the end.

I was glad enough to see Amy and Jason win, as others have said, they were the only ones I could stand by the end of the show.

The part of the "preview" where Rachael is shown not wanting to cut her hair is actually from the previous season she was in, as I think were all the teams shown in the preview. I don't think it means they are necessarily on next season. Which is sad because I was really excited to see the cowboys at first.
    Punkin, Bucky, Minney and 1 others like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yes. If anyone wants to know the supposed cast, let me know. The actual cast is listed in the TAR24 spoiler thread on a later page but there are also boot spoilers, which maybe should have been kept separated.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

You are all correct. Maybe a few of the teams shown in the preview will be racing, but not all. I'm glad, though, that they said it was a favorites season, not an all stars season. Or did they? An hour later and all I remember about the show is the long, sad face of Nicole.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

It's titled... "The Amazing Race All-Stars"

I've seen the leaked list. I like many of the teams, but I detest a few. No shock there!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Good for Jason and Amy for winning. They are the most deserving of the 3 although I wish Travis and Nicole or Tim and Marie were eliminated before the finale. Joel couldn't figure out what was wrong with his robot, otherwise he would have finished first. They were doing very well until that task. I don't get why Tim went with Marie. He said she wouldn't do it if she doesn't get 60% of the winnings. Shouldn't it be the other way around because it was Marie who wanted to do the race so bad anyway and he just got dragged into it?

I don't understand why Travis didn't do the last two roadblocks. If he wanted to win this bad, don't let your weak a$$ wife do it! You've seen her fail miserably so don't put her in that situation again. Instead of possibly berating her for failing and getting frustrated, man up and do it yourself! She did the helicopter and the robot. It's for a million dollars, why didn't he do it? Amy did both too, is it because the girls have not done the required 6 roadblocks?
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 12-09-2013 at 03:21 AM.
    Punkin likes this.

To the Point

Had Travis and Nicole allowed him to do all the roadblocks he was allowed prior to this leg? I didn't keep up with that and just figured they must have, meaning they would have really had no choice in who completed the task in these last couple legs.

And Tim could have just said no to the deal and she would have caved. The deal just reinforced the fact that she really wanted the money. She would have run it with a 50/50 split. However, I did love Tim's attitude regarding the whole thing. He seems like a nice guy who deserves far better than Pinky.
    Punkin, Moontat, Duckyface and 1 others like this.

Glad the Granimals were eliminated. Hated their Dumb and Dumber comment...it's not the first time they have been rather derogatory about females.

Travis was even worse with his comments about his wife ... I wouldn't have felt bad at all if she divorced on the show.

Tim and Marie ... I don't think a contract signed under duress will hold up in court .

Glad that Jason and Amy won.
    Moontat likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Not only is it obvious that Travis treats Nicole like this at home and probably at work, you just know he is one of those Dr's that treats all of his nurses like this too. He was constantly spewing about running the race with integrity but he is nothing but an a$$. I love when the edit shows someone to be a fool for all of their friends and family to see. I kept thinking that is why Nicole is staying quiet, because she knows it will all come out on tv and she can easily have it all in the divorce settlement!
    Punkin and Moontat like this.

FORT Fogey

I wonder if Nicole said as little as she did in the face of Travis' terrible behavior toward her might also have had to do with the fact that she was thinking more consciously about the fact that they were being taped and would have no control over how they were edited. If she'd snapped back at him, however much it might have satisfied us, she might have felt she would look just as bad as he did. I do, however, really hope that the last couple of episodes (or perhaps the whole race, given what else may have happened that we didn't see that might have prompted Amy's interest in helping Nicole as much as she did) have made Nicole reconsider allowing herself to be treated that way. It's not good for her or her kids to allow herself to be browbeaten by Travis.

And yeah, if I had my choice, I would not be seeing Travis, not even in the E.R., if it were at all possible to see another doctor, because I would not trust him to treat me or those working with him as anything other than inferiors. That's not the best way to run any team in any profession, and it's certainly no way to run a relationship.

+ Reply to Thread