+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Next season sneak peek coming up. I already know all about it.
    I'm actually excited. Should be good.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Kao

Too bad the beards aren't coming back next season...I liked them.
    Moontat likes this.

FORT Fogey

If Travis was so annoyed by how Nicole's performed the last few tasks, how come he stuck her with the glacier climb too. Did he do so many of the earlier tasks that they had no choice?

And seriously, he couldn't congratulate her for managing to do that with only one pick?
    Moontat likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Too bad the beards aren't coming back next season...I liked them.
    The only teams I wouldn't mind coming back from this season are the beards or the NFL guys, because they were both funny teams who seemed to be enjoying themselves. Well, maybe the female impersonator guys too, but we saw so little of them that I'm not sure how I feel about them.

I could do without the Afghanimals again so soon. They remind me too much of noisy frat boys. I didn't loathe them as I've hated other teams in the past, but I could use a break from them.
    Florimel, Bucky, Moontat and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

That last task is tough, because you have to remember the currency, the order of that currency, and how to spell the names of the currency, which, given some of the countries they visited, might be hard.

Oh, Nicole, just turn that paddle around and smack him in the head with it. I swear, not even Phil would blame you at this point.
    Moontat likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm happy enough with the winners.
    xcptnl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Out of the three teams left, all of them couples or former couples, Jason and Amy were the ones who were the most consistently supportive of each other and the least critical of one another. Amy also went way beyond polite and helpful when it came to Nicole (maybe she felt sorry for her--given what we saw of Travis, he might have been even worse unedited). If one of those teams was going to win, I'd have preferred it was them.

But honestly, even the crowd at the end seemed kind of underwhelmed by the winners.
    Bucky, xcptnl and Duckyface like this.

FORT Fogey

Pretty funny that's everyone cheering "Timmy, Timmy, Timmy!" instead of cheering for both of them.

I wish they'd do a season where we could pair up teams of former contestants--sometimes people deserve partners who aren't quite so nasty to them (and, I know it's evil of me, but I'd like to see some of the nasty halves of pairs forced to race with someone just as mean-spirited).

Nicole's whole body language is indicating that she's not quite so thrilled with Travis as she might have been at the beginning of the race. I think he may have some 'splainin' to do. At least I hope he will.
    Moontat and Midol like this.

To the Point

Well, by the time we got less than half way through I had decided that Team Boston was the only team I would be happy winning. Travis was horrible and then when they showed Pinky talking about their contract for a 60/40 split that sealed the deal. I did think it was hysterical that Phil asked Pinky about that AND the reaction of all the other racers chanting Tim's name was fabulous!
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Well, by the time we got less than half way through I had decided that Team Boston was the only team I would be happy winning. Travis was horrible and then when they showed Pinky talking about their contract for a 60/40 split that sealed the deal. I did think it was hysterical that Phil asked Pinky about that AND the reaction of all the other racers chanting Tim's name was fabulous!
    You said how we felt. I really really disliked Travis, I so wanted the bag to land directly on his head!!! if it wasnt for Amy, the Afganimals would of been in the F3.So while I am happy enough they won, I am not- - like I normally am
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread