+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 12/8 TAR 23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm so relieved that Pinky and the Brain didn't win. She's a disgusting human being--making an uneven split with him beforehand about the prize money and then bragging about it like it's so funny. I'm glad they're no longer together. He can do so much better than her. I wish he had chosen a different partner for the race instead of caving into her demands. At least he has a good attitude.

I honestly didn't think Travis & Nicole would make it to the finale after their poor performance in the first leg of the race. I really thought they would be one of the first teams out. I think it was just dumb luck that they managed to get so far.

Jason and Amy were the only team left that I liked so I'm thrilled that they won!!!

I'm with Fanny Mare in that I don't like it when teams form alliances and a sucky team makes it further in the game than they should, being pulled along by their allies. I wish the show wouldn't allow them to help each other.

Even if the teams were not allowed to form alliances or help each other they spend enough time with each other and exchange information about the other racers that I can see teams U Turning stronger teams if it would be an advantage for the weaker teams. Considering how close the finish times are it is very hard to help a really sucky team once the number of teams is reduced. You can't float in this game unlike Survivor were you can end up in the finale being a hanger on floating under the radar.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yes, Leo and Jamal were mean, not at the level of Travis and Pinky. Mean and lying are not the same thing. Leo and Jamal chose to lie as part of the strategy they were using to play the game of Amazing Race. I don't think it was a very effective strategy for them as it never seemed to get them any kind of advantage in the race except to get to give the other racers a reason not to like them and to use their "Lying" as a reason to U Turn them.

As for being mean. Jamal countless times berated Leo during a challenge. Jamal also was very quick to call the other teams names but he was playing to the cameraman and therefore to the audience. Him calling Amy and Nicole "Dumb and Dumber" during the robot building challenge was a bit much. Jamal and Leo were very vocal in their disdain of other players and they came across very arrogant. So, yeah, I call that mean and mean spirited as I felt it wasn't meant in a friendly joking manner. Jason and Travis where also guilty of this especially when Amy and Nicole where not completing a challenge as quickly as Jason and Travis thought they should.
    Well, I guess we disagree. I have seen a ton of mean things on this show, and I didn't see much from these two .I heard a whisper they might race again, I do hope so obviously the feeble 6 thought they were tough to beat, otherwise they wouldn't have teamed up against them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think it was 2 teams against Leo/Jamal, the doctors were along for the ride.
    There's no place like home!

To the Point

The Doctors were vocal about the fact that they were against Leo & Jamal. While I totally enjoyed the joy that the Afghanimals showed during the race I can't help but wonder about them since the majority of the other racers seemed to feel less than kindly towards them, and it seemed to go beyond their exuberance and the threat they represented. I still don't mind them coming back to race again since I found their joy for the face far outweighed their cockiness/arrogance for me. Sometimes you just need someone to be having a good time while they race. These guys were about the only ones who represented this for the largest part of the race.

FORT Regular

Wow, my first (and probably last) post for this season! Grats to Jason and Amy for winning, though I'm totally underwhelmed that it wasn't Leo and Jamal taking the top prize. I was afraid initially that Granimals were going to be the male equivalents of the Sri Lankan twins given their boisterous behaviour, but they have proved to be more laid-back, more appreciative of the race and the locals, and a lot less sneaky imo.

Regarding the big hullabah created by the ER doctors over the all offensive lie, I really don't see what the big fuss was about, as I totally understood why Granimals told it. They probably did not want the others to know they had lost their advantage to U-turn the others in a later leg, as they could only use it once in the race. For Trevis and Nicole to make it sound like the biggest sin of the century was just too much for me to stomach, and my opinion of them has spiralled downwards rapidly from then on (it wasn't very high up to begin with, though I just thought of them initially as another boring couple with a bit of goody-two-shoes attitude and superiority complex). However, Nicole's shameless hounding of Leo at the angklung task to help her (after U-turning them the previous leg) and her "always seeking approval from her husband" hangdog look really irks me no end. You're a professional too, woman, show some integrity and character as well.

As for Trevis, no amount of expletives will describe my detest and disdain of him. He may be an ER doctor, but he is right up there with Victoria's jerk of an ex-husband in terms of nastiness and abusiveness. I would not trust him to even bandage me, let alone operate on me. It's a sad thing when I was actually cheering for Pinky and Tim to finish above them, and at the same time aching at the loss of opportunity for Leo and Jamal to be racing in the final leg.
    Punkin, pikachu and Midol like this.

Jamal, longer, curly hair, was very joyous when he did well completed a task but he also had a very short temper and he let it go on his cousin Leo, the one with the very short cropped hair and slightly receding hairline. Jamal also was very derisive commenting on the other racers. Yes, both were respectful of the bystanders and the cultures they were in, I did get the impression that Jamal likes to be the center of attention (and he also was very quick to anger) and Leo was constantly trying to rein him in.
    I thought it was the other way around, Jamal would often say lets go, its a race. Leo wanted to grandstand

As for Travis, no amount of expletives will describe my detest and disdain of him. He may be an ER doctor, but he is right up there with Victoria's jerk of an ex-husband in terms of nastiness and abusiveness. I would not trust him to even bandage me, let alone operate on me. It's a sad thing when I was actually cheering for Pinky and Tim to finish above them, and at the same time aching at the loss of opportunity for Leo and Jamal to be racing in the final leg.
    Well said Duff
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    The Doctors were vocal about the fact that they were against Leo & Jamal. While I totally enjoyed the joy that the Afghanimals showed during the race I can't help but wonder about them since the majority of the other racers seemed to feel less than kindly towards them, and it seemed to go beyond their exuberance and the threat they represented. I still don't mind them coming back to race again since I found their joy for the face far outweighed their cockiness/arrogance for me. Sometimes you just need someone to be having a good time while they race. These guys were about the only ones who represented this for the largest part of the race.

One thing did bother me about the Doctors is this whole hang up about the "lying". Jamal and Leo chose to use "lying" as part of their game strategy the Doctors chose not to use it; so be it. You can't push your own moral dictates on another person, you can only control what you choose to do. To look down on another team because you choose not to do what they did reeks of snobbery and superiority and if the Doctors consider themselves moral and upright folks they are also full of pride that they are so much better.

Pride goes before a fall - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Pride goes before a fall
    . and Pride goeth before a fall.
    Prov. If you are too proud and overconfident, you will make mistakes leading to your defeat. (Biblical.)
    Unfortunately, instead of Travis learning his lesson Nicole felt the brunt of this proverb and Travis's disdain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well, I guess we disagree. I have seen a ton of mean things on this show, and I didn't see much from these two .I heard a whisper they might race again, I do hope so obviously the feeble 6 thought they were tough to beat, otherwise they wouldn't have teamed up against them
    Young athletic all male teams tend to do very well on The Amazing Race. Fanny Mare if you were racing against Jamal and Leo would you just let them win or would do all you could using the rules the race provided to beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm so relieved that Pinky and the Brain didn't win. She's a disgusting human being--making an uneven split with him beforehand about the prize money and then bragging about it like it's so funny. I'm glad they're no longer together. He can do so much better than her. I wish he had chosen a different partner for the race instead of caving into her demands. At least he has a good attitude.

I honestly didn't think Travis & Nicole would make it to the finale after their poor performance in the first leg of the race. I really thought they would be one of the first teams out. I think it was just dumb luck that they managed to get so far.

Jason and Amy were the only team left that I liked so I'm thrilled that they won!!!

I'm with Fanny Mare in that I don't like it when teams form alliances and a sucky team makes it further in the game than they should, being pulled along by their allies. I wish the show wouldn't allow them to help each other.

Travis and Nicole came in first on the first leg and because they misread the clue had to take a time penalty and ended up in second place, how is second place among 11 other teams a poor performance? In fact they pretty consistently placed in the top on other legs: 4th, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 1st, 3rd, 1st, 4th, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-10-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Young athletic all male teams tend to do very well on The Amazing Race. Fanny Mare if you were racing against Jamal and Leo would you just let them win or would do all you could using the rules the race provided to beat them?

I wouldn't team up with another team, hubby and I agree on that .
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wouldn't team up with another team, hubby and I agree on that .
    So no alliances for you but would you use a U Turn?

So no alliances for you but would you use a U Turn?
    I have no idea, maybe, maybe not Its a race, its a race for 1million $$$$.We would race OUR race and the others can race theirs. Its really that simple.
    Uncle David likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread