+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: 11/24 TAR 23: Episode 9 - Part Like The Red Sea ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Re: 11/24 TAR 23: Episode 9 - Part Like The Red Sea ***West Coast SPOILERS***

I have many South Asian and Arabic friends and their celebratory culture is maybe what some Western people would consider OTT but if you ever go to a party and are willing to let yourself go you will find that they know how to have a good time. It may not be in keeping with the more reserved street persona presented but in a happy circumstance it is all about being joyful.
    Miss_Griss, GabbyG and JohnnyK like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I have many South Asian and Arabic friends and their celebratory culture is maybe what some Western people would consider OTT but if you ever go to a party and are willing to let yourself go you will find that they know how to have a good time. It may not be in keeping with the more reserved street persona presented but in a happy circumstance it is all about being joyful.
    Yes, I agree. Being joyful, even overly joyful - is fine by me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Nicole will not see that she did or said anything wrong. She had given up on the task and would still be there except for Amy. It would not shock me to see her turn on Jason/Amy in the next leg. Anything to get ahead.
    I agree. It disgusted me to see Amy basically finish the task for Nicole. I think, more often than not, that people who have gotten through med school, internship and residency to become doctors pretty much expect to get whatever they want as a matter of right. Nicole didn't hesitate to demand an express pass as the price for helping the pinks, and I don't recall her helping anybody else. Then on this task she tried to cheat from one team and demanded help from another. Without Amy's help Nicole and Travis would have finished last. Despite their mistakes the Ice Girls had almost caught up and would likely have pulled ahead. In effect Amy eliminated them. I think there should be some rule about how much (like zero) teams can help each other complete assigned tasks. In this case Nicole got more help from Amy than she would have been allowed to get from her own teammate.
    Last edited by fan999; 11-26-2013 at 01:40 PM.
    justCoz, nanaslbkp and tbamom like this.

I liked the afganimals in the beginning, but the rude loudness and even more distasteful, the constant invasion of others' personal space makes me cringe!! The idea of pinkie winning (anything other then a swift kick in the butt) makes me want to vomit!So I guess I'm rooting for Jason and Amy
    Last edited by Moontat; 11-26-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontat View Post
    I liked the afganimals in the beginning, but the rude loudness and even more distasteful, the constant invasion of others' personal space makes me cringe!! The idea of pinkie winning (anything other then a swift kick in the butt) makes me want to vomit!So I guess I'm rooting for Jason and Amy
    I didn't like them, but I have grown to like them( especially Jamal) I don't want Pinky to win, but wouldn't mind Tim winning. I guess I am rooting for Jason and Amy as well
    -Andy Rooney-

If I remember correctly Amy/Jason knew if she helped they might be able to eliminate the Ice Girls, but Jason said only help until they showed up.
    There's no place like home!

Oh I know that - but these people were still setting up the rams to do something for their entertainment. These were not lambs, they were full grown rams with big horns, and the possibility for injury is there. It wasn't like they were watching a bunch of sheep out in pasture doing this in their normal environment. These rams are taken, put in an arena, made to face each other, so that the head butting can occur. I find it cruel. But each to their own.
    Uncle David and nanaslbkp like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I have to agree about the Afghanimals picking people up all the time and spinning them around in a hug. It's kind of OTT, and in some cultures is very rude. That said, I think they are just exuberant, but really basically harmless. At least they are having fun. Nicole and Travis looked like the swallowed nails for most of the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I have to agree about the Afghanimals picking people up all the time and spinning them around in a hug. It's kind of OTT, and in some cultures is very rude. That said, I think they are just exuberant, but really basically harmless. At least they are having fun. Nicole and Travis looked like the swallowed nails for most of the leg.
    I know, and she looked like it really hurt!
    sweetpea likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789