+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: 11/24 TAR 23: Episode 9 - Part Like The Red Sea ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Re: 11/24 TAR 23: Episode 9 - Part Like The Red Sea ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I thought Travis also asked Jason/Amy for help.
    I think he may have as well. Its highly edited, so none of us know what really went down. We base everything on what they choose to show us.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I find myself disliking Leo/Jamal even more, or at least equal to Tim/Marie. I find them loud, obnoxious, rude, crude, and overly impressed with what they think is funny. I could manage to avoid Tim and Marie, but Leo and Jamal are hard to get away from. I really don't care who wins this any longer.
    mesachick likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think he may have as well. Its highly edited, so none of us know what really went down. We base everything on what they choose to show us.
    Before Amy started to help Nicole, one of the men was telling her she should. I thought it was Jason (and thus was a little confused that he got so mad at her for helping), but was it Travis instead? At this point I can't really remember.
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I find myself disliking Leo/Jamal even more, or at least equal to Tim/Marie. I find them loud, obnoxious, rude, crude, and overly impressed with what they think is funny. I could manage to avoid Tim and Marie, but Leo and Jamal are hard to get away from. I really don't care who wins this any longer.
    They are playing to the camera, a lot! I am not entirely sure it isn't something that is suggested though. On one hand I like that they are enjoying themselves, but I also see your POV as well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

11/24 TAR 23: Episode 9 - Part Like The Red Sea ***West Coast SPOILERS***

I thought Jason yelled for Amy to help but I think he thought it would be quick. But then the doc was begging her not to leave and I think Amy is just nice. So when Amy kept helping I think Jason started to panic. They are my fav.
    sweetpea likes this.

All that 1 hour that Nicole wasted for not having a clue what to do. Travis was observing and I believe he said that he could do the task quickly with his musical background. So if he knew what to do, why didn't he do the task, or at least why didn't he yell to Nicole on how to arrange the scales before anyone else got there. Having someone do a task that they are not good at instead of you doing it despite knowing that you could breeze through the task yourself is a big no-no in Amazing Race.

CCL

Jason did tell Amy to help Nicole but then was telling her it was enough and they had to go. Fair enough. Amy practically did the whole task for her.

I don't equate Leo and Jamal running around screaming with them enjoying the race. Hate to be all Nicole and Travis on them but they don't seem genuine. It's all an act. And not one I want to watch.

Not really anyone to root for. :meh. I guess Team Boston.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Did the Afghanimals actually pay to keep other racers off the train or were they just goofing around? It looked to me like they were just goofing around, but would that even be allowed anyway?
    I think they were simply encouraging the train to leave already. The earlier the train would leave, the less chance of one of the other teams boarding the train before it left.

I so laughed at Tim's facial expression in the Taxi, when Marie went on about always being right. If it was Tim and uhh, anyone but Marie in that team, it would've likely been a team that people could've cheered for.

The rams headbutting each other, ain't that something more of an instinct for them than that they're trained to do so? Sheep seem to do that all the time. It didn't came across to me as animal cruelty, it's just something the animals like doing themselves.

I was so disappointed to see Amy help Nicole to such lengths. I've totally had it with team self-righteous, and if Amy hadn't helped her, chances were good they would've gone home. Can't blame Amy for it, but I would've loved to see the Docs go home over that stupid mistake. Trevor's overconfidence in letting Nicole do the task took the better part of them there, and it almost cost them the race. I guess they'll stop being so careless next time.

I don't feel too sorry for the Ice Girls, though. They pretty much screwed up the entire leg since they exited the train. How did they think it would be smart to go back for those bamboo things a second time?

The Afghanimals... They are loud, and they come across as a bit annoying from time to time. They, especially Leo, should be more aware of the people around them and realize that he's being an annoyance. That said, they don't seem to be annoying people on purpose. They are enjoying themselves in their own way, and taking the race as a joy, and I can respect them for that. Just like with Leo finishing the task. He was happy that he was done, and there was a good atmosphere in that place, so he took a moment to celebrate that with the locals. Can't say I hate him for that.

I would be ok with either the Afghanimals winning, or Jason and Amy (though Amy has to stop being so charitable, or they stand no chance). I'd also be fine with Tim winning, if that could somehow come to be with Marie winning, but I think I'd rather see Tim and Marie winning over the Docs, since then I at least enjoy half the team that won.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I pretty much hated the entire leg last night. I don't want to see animal abuse (rams butting heads) but hey, that's what we get at the start. The Animals are on my last nerve. They were rude and obnoxious pretty much the whole leg. So you finish a task great, but why shove it in everyone else's face by running around screaming? They are not gracious at all. The ER docs - Nicole is just plain not street smart at all OMG, yet her husband was being such an ass to her. Then at the road block - I don't think Amy should have been allowed to *help* the ER docs like that. She basically did the task for them as she laid out how to put the instrument together.

Yes, not a fan of the show last night. It's kind of bad when I can say that I liked Pinkie the best last night.

How do Sheep Behave by Brenda Nelson | Sciences 360

Sheep, even ewes, will engage in head butting to determine dominance. In males this will be more severe, but in lambs it can be quite playful. At feeding time (when not on pasture) dominant sheep will use their heads to push other sheep out of their way. Unlike goats, sheep rarely "butt" humans, except for some rams during the breeding season.
    Midol likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Cocks, in certain circumstances, will fight for dominance. Pitbulls, in certain circumstances, will fight for dominance. (Name your animal), in certain circumstances, will fight for dominance. It becomes 'animal abuse' when you force them into circumstances where they fight.
    Florimel, Moontat and Fanny Mare like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread