+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: 11/24 TAR 23: Episode 9 - Part Like The Red Sea ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Re: 11/24 TAR 23: Episode 9 - Part Like The Red Sea ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Ja, Nascar24, not only did Travis & Nicole seek to steal the design of the Afghanimals and get all self-righteous about how the boys were being unkind by not sharing, but then they accept and demand assistance from Jason & Amy that kept them in the race when it seemed that Ally & Ashley would overtake them. They possess no moral high ground whatsoever with their "don't lie" and "don't cheat" moralizing.
    Punkin, Minney and Midol like this.

Just to be clear I didn't say that Jason was racist anywhere in my comments.

I said "also I really want to like Jason and Amy but in Abu Dhabi he made some type of an "as an American I don't appreciate Muslim countries" type of comment and then on the way to Indonesia he asked if the people there would be Chinese or Indian."

Ignorance doesn't equal racism, however how difficult is it to prepare yourself for a once in a lifetime (unless you are an all star) opportunity by studying a bit.

For example it was not discussed but Indonesia has the highest population of Muslims in the world. That has nothing to do with the "are they Chinese or Indian" comment but I think it is an interesting fact that they did 2 Muslim countries in a row.
    Punkin likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    Ja, Nascar24, not only did Travis & Nicole seek to steal the design of the Afghanimals and get all self-righteous about how the boys were being unkind by not sharing, but then they accept and demand assistance from Jason & Amy that kept them in the race when it seemed that Ally & Ashley would overtake them. They possess no moral high ground whatsoever with their "don't lie" and "don't cheat" moralizing.
    I am not fan of Nichole, but she begged imho not demanded that Amy help her. I think Amy is the type of person that cant say no, that's why Jason wasnt bothered that she was going to give her pointers, but then she she showed her how it was done!!
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am not fan of Nichole, but she begged imho not demanded that Amy help her. I think Amy is the type of person that cant say no, that's why Jason wasnt bothered that she was going to give her pointers, but then she she showed her how it was done!!
    yes I think she actually took the time to put the pieces in order. I was thinking to myself if I would have been able to do that challenge. I am not musical but I understand an octave and I have enough instruments belonging to my kids that I visually understand how a xylophone looks. I'd say Me of today could have done it. Me of 10 years ago maybe not.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I pretty much hated the entire leg last night. I don't want to see animal abuse (rams butting heads) but hey, that's what we get at the start. The Animals are on my last nerve. They were rude and obnoxious pretty much the whole leg. So you finish a task great, but why shove it in everyone else's face by running around screaming? They are not gracious at all. The ER docs - Nicole is just plain not street smart at all OMG, yet her husband was being such an ass to her. Then at the road block - I don't think Amy should have been allowed to *help* the ER docs like that. She basically did the task for them as she laid out how to put the instrument together.

Yes, not a fan of the show last night. It's kind of bad when I can say that I liked Pinkie the best last night.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    yes I think she actually took the time to put the pieces in order. I was thinking to myself if I would have been able to do that challenge. I am not musical but I understand an octave and I have enough instruments belonging to my kids that I visually understand how a xylophone looks. I'd say Me of today could have done it. Me of 10 years ago maybe not.
    I would not of been able to do it, and I know my husband wouldn't have. He would have talked me though it( if he was able) but he wouldn't have been an @ss about it like her hubby was. Scary to think these two are ER doctors imho

I agree Mesa not a fan of the head butting Rams, and how do they know it doesn't hurt? I think it was the doc that said they told us they are not harmed/hurt.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The goal of this race should be to get stronger teams out to help ensure your win. Have to wonder if Amy and Jason will regret helping to keep Nicole and Travis in the race since they are a stronger team than the ice girls. While it's all good and nice, there is only one winner in the end, and any team that reaches the end first is deserving of the win, regardless how much we or anyone else likes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    It would be cool to feed the elephants--I mean, how often do you get to do something like that?--but it seems like it would be easier to transport birds and get them to sing than haul the elephant food around.

Many, Indonesia is loud enough without the Afghanimals shouting too, but I have a little bit of a headache, so that may be making me overly sensitive to the noise.
    No, you weren't over sensitive, they were just constantly really loud and over the top. They are also hypocritical for u turning someone and then being upset when someone u turns them. If they thought they should just take the consequences they wouldn't have tried to lie about it. I like teams that enjoy the race, but these guys are just so self involved, full of themselves and over the top I find them annoying.

I don't think trying to look at how someone else did their scale thing was cheating. They were all making them in the same big area where they could see each other. If the producers had deemed it cheating to look at someone elses scale they would have had them all separated where they couldn't see each other. She looked silly chasing him around and begging him to let her see, but I don't think it was cheating. Also if the show considered it cheating they would have been punished, it was just game play like the Animals trying to lie about u turning someone. Nicole was obviously desperate at that point, probably knowing how her husband was going to treat her for "failing"

There's not really anyone I want to win, so it's kind of a sad season for me. I guess Amy and Jason I kind of like.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 11-25-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Don't worry, TBAMom, I wasn't referencing your post in particular when saying I didn't think Jason's comments were racist. I should have made that clearer. I was reacting to something I had read elsewhere online. Sorry for the confusion!

I honestly don't think Jason and Amy are the sharpest tools in the shed, sadly. They might be quite nice, and possibly too gullible (Amy) but not necessarily that bright. But at this point, to me, they are the least objectionable of the remaining teams, so I'm cheering for them (and Tim, if he can manage to dispose of Marie somewhere between here and the last leg, that is). The cousins are just too loud and obnoxious for my liking. I agree, there's being excited to do well on a task and then there's obnoxious when you run around screaming and acting like you're six years old, as the others are struggling to finish. Enjoy the race, by all means, but all the screaming? No, thank you.

The ER Docs can get off my television pronto. I hate it when people are so smug about being more moral than anyone else, like they are looking down their noses. Ugh.
    Punkin likes this.

I could be mistaken, but I thought Travis also asked Jason/Amy for help.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread