+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: 11/24 TAR 23: Episode 9 - Part Like The Red Sea ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Re: 11/24 TAR 23: Episode 9 - Part Like The Red Sea ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Aww, Ally and Ashley went out smiling. I'm glad that they left with such a good attitude and hope their friendship continues.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Does the guy standing with Phil remind anyone else of Alton Brown?
    He does!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I am not crazy about how Travis treats Nicole after she messes something up. It is very passive aggressive.

Nicole and Travis may be nice enough people outside this race but do they find joy in anything? They just seem so busy trying to set a proper example, being righteous and all, that they never seem to enjoy anything. Everything is serious and they don't seem to have much of a sense of humour. As much as the Afghanimals may be loud and inappropriate at times, I would much rather hang around with people who can laugh at themselves and enjoy life rather than sanctimonious hypocrites....which may be why I like the guys and not so much the Docs.
    Last edited by Midol; 11-24-2013 at 11:08 PM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I don't like the doctors, but man he speaks to her like dirt. I think she was fighting back tears .OTOH, they all have had very little sleep, their body clocks are all out of whack. I think it must be very hard on your nerves and your systems. Just the same, I would have smacked him one

Tim is not a bad looking guy, and Pinky( goodness I am agreeing with her) she called it!! he blew through that challenge!!!

The blonde's, they were all over the place, I am amazed they made it this far, nice girls though.

Amy WTH!!!! she could have lost the race for them, no matter how much Monica begged for help.

The children in the challenge were so darned cute, but by the time the final team arrived, they looked like they could give a care, the elephants OTOH were so happy to be fed, and fed again .
    Punkin, CupidGuest and teatime like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I like the docs, but their constant "We're setting an example for our children, we play with honor, we don't cheat in life" stuff is starting to annoy me.

Leo/Jamal are playing the game well.
    Punkin, Minney, teatime and 2 others like this.

Impressions:

READ THE CLUE - it was painful watching the Ice Girls not read the clue and waste so much time.

Sugar Cane - I have transported so much over size stuff in various cars that it made no sense to me that the Ice Girls couldn't figure out to put the sugar cane out the front passenger (right hand) window and the other end out the rear left window.

I really didn't like the way the male doctor berated, put down, was down right hateful, mean and NON CHRISTIAN in his behavior toward his wife after the music instrument building challenge. What part of "FORGIVENESS" does he not understand.

Granimals - why is it OK for them to U Turn someone yet if another team does it they are under a debt of karma ... if that is so then this means they don't win the race????

I give that each team should race as they see fit but no team should put themselves up as judge and jury on how other teams race, The Doctors, Pinkie and Granimals are all guilty of this. Jason and Amy are actually the least hypocritical of the all the teams in this regard.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 11-25-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Sanctimonious jerks. I do NOT like the docs.
    Do you mean the Granimals and the Docs or just the Docs?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I was so prepared to come here at the end of the broadcast and say that the only team I had left to root for was Jason and Amy. I still feel that way, but my love for their team is somewhat tainted by my disappointment that Amy did so much to help Nicole. A sweet gesture, but they're going to have a hard time winning if they help stronger teams beat weaker teams.
    Punkin, NCLurker, waywyrd and 6 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

I really didn't like the way the male doctor berated, put down, was down right hateful, mean and NON CHRISTIAN in his behavior toward his wife after the music instrument building challenge. What part of "FORGIVENESS" does he not understand.
    This in not the first time he has acted this way. While they were building the fishing nets he did the same thing. I find it very difficult to watch. He acts as if it is all her fault and while he does not yell at her, he nevertheless, treats her in a very demeaning manner. She never seems to argue and looks as if she is very demoralized and about to cry. JMO but to me it seems almost abusive.
    Punkin, Uncle David and Duckyface like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    This in not the first time he has acted this way. While they were building the fishing nets he did the same thing. I find it very difficult to watch. He acts as if it is all her fault and while he does not yell at her, he nevertheless, treats her in a very demeaning manner. She never seems to argue and looks as if she is very demoralized and about to cry. JMO but to me it seems almost abusive.
    I would absolutely call it abusive.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread