+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 11/17 TAR 23: Episode 8 ***West Coast SPOILERS***

Re: 11/17 TAR 23: Episode 8 ***West Coast SPOILERS***

They must have to avoid those Muslim countries where women are not allowed to drive. DH and I love travelling the world every Sunday night in TAR season. We've seen amazing geographical images, regional and cultural diversity and customs from right here in front of our comfy TV set. It's not too hot, not too cold, but just right from where we are sitting and enjoying our vicarious travels.
    GabbyG, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    They must have to avoid those Muslim countries where women are not allowed to drive. DH and I love travelling the world every Sunday night in TAR season. We've seen amazing geographical images, regional and cultural diversity and customs from right here in front of our comfy TV set. It's not too hot, not too cold, but just right from where we are sitting and enjoying our vicarious travels.
    Very well said Punkin. DH and I watch and we never argue either.
    Punkin and NCLurker like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    It was a fast forward that they had their heads shaved. The famous ox is broken came from Jonathon.
    Sucks I cant edit my mistake (put a strike out on the error and replace it with the correct word) LOL. Yea that was a FF not an EP.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    . . . the B-17 bomber wreck being used more as window dressing at a route marker instead of making folks think about it. I *STILL* think that North Korea did require the show to use it, so they could use it as a propaganda tool to show the world they are capable of fighting still.
    That was North Vietnam, not Korea.
    Punkin likes this.

They have skipped India a couple of times, but it's not enough for my liking. The country does have a lot of interesting locations and the like, but it has been far overused.

It is the first time they've used the current location, but they have been to Dubai as well.

I think the ONLY place they may never travel to again is North Korea after the GIGANTIC (and to a point deserved) flack over a. the Communism is great roadblock (The song and dance number - and there were teams upset about that post show) and b. the B-17 bomber wreck being used more as window dressing at a route marker instead of making folks think about it. I *STILL* think that North Korea did require the show to use it, so they could use it as a propaganda tool to show the world they are capable of fighting still.
    That was North Vietnam. Americans (other than Dennis Rodman) are not allowed into North Korea and I see no reason why they would want to go.
    Punkin, Miss_Griss and GabbyG like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

My error on the geography - I should've just said Vietnam but instead I go the North South route and end up in the wrong country... (which is why I'd never do this race. )

My intent is still the same though - I don't think they're going to return after the outcry they had for those scenes.
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.

My error on the geography - I should've just said Vietnam but instead I go the North South route and end up in the wrong country... (which is why I'd never do this race. )

My intent is still the same though - I don't think they're going to return after the outcry they had for those scenes.

I certainly hope they don't. My father served in 'Nam, so I'm one of those people who was really ticked off. First, the song-and-dance. That didn't bother me too much. What else would a Communist country do? However, I have worked with Vietnamese people whose families fled here after we pulled out. I wonder how they feel about the "glories" of Communism?

What really got my goat was the wreckage, though. I know the war was controversial. You can argue all day long whether we should have been there. It's still in very poor taste to show someplace where soldiers died being celebrated. If the price of TAR going back to Vietnam is celebrating Communism, then I will be happy not to see that country again.

They may skip India, but I wonder if they will go to another Third World country? I think it's good for the racers. It really makes you humble to realize how blessed we are here.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    They may skip India, but I wonder if they will go to another Third World country? I think it's good for the racers. It really makes you humble to realize how blessed we are here.
    There are quite a few of them they haven't used; however, they have to be quite careful about where they go because many of them are warring currently or do not like Americans in general. Other things such as any incentives to film there are also a factor. That was one reason I think they even considered Vietnam in the first place - they had to have gotten something.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    What really got my goat was the wreckage, though. I know the war was controversial. You can argue all day long whether we should have been there. It's still in very poor taste to show someplace where soldiers died being celebrated. If the price of TAR going back to Vietnam is celebrating Communism, then I will be happy not to see that country again.
    Being the wife of a Vietnam veteran who was afraid every time the phone or doorbell rang for the year he was gone, I, too, was incensed at the insensitivity of showing a statue in honor of shooting down Americans. I wrote to CBS, Travelocity, and every other sponsor I could find.

Sometimes, you have to wonder where the brains of producers are. This time, there was no doubt - their brains were stuck into an orifice where the sun don't shine.
    Punkin, Photobabe and Babbred like this.

Fort Member

Apart from the Israelis, who I find entertaining, I am not sure that I like anyone that is left. This has never happened this early to me before, but I keep watching especially as they are in Indonesia next episode, thats where I live, and I am always happy when they go somewhere that I have been but especially if its somewhere that I have lived. Will be interesting to see how they show it, as they wont really get to see the real Indonesia unless they get caught in a traffic jam, stuck in a flood or unable to go far from a toilet cause you ate the salad.
    Punkin and Babbred like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast