+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: 11/03 TAR 23: Episode 6 - Choir Boy At Heart *SPOILERS*

Re: 11/03 TAR 23: Episode 6 - Choir Boy At Heart *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't care that Pinky took the other team's cab, since their bags weren't in it at the time. I do wonder, though, how that works out for payment. Did Jason and Amy pay the driver already for their previous ride, or were they going to pay for the whole thing when they got to the pitstop? Did they pay the driver to wait or did he just wait, keeping the meter running? It seems to me that if they paid off the driver before going to the challenge, he was free to go and could transport whomever he liked. If he had the meter running for them, he shouldn't have picked up another team. If he did, that team would be paying for time put on the meter by Jason and Amy.

I guess I've never understood how it works on the race when teams keep cabs waiting for them while they complete challenges. I assume they MUST be paying the cabs to stick around because otherwise, they would just leave and go pick up other customers. Wouldn't the cabbie verify who they're waiting for to make sure they pick up the right couple after the challenge?

So, long-story-short, if Jason and Amy have a beef with someone about their taxi being taken, they should be mad at the cabdriver for taking their bags out of the car and giving a ride to another team when he was on standby for them. I don't like Pinky but in this instance, I don't think her team did anything wrong, taking a basically unclaimed cab.
    It seemed an odd thing for a cab driver to do, almost like it was suggested. . The trouble with teams hooking up, and helping one another( something they never did in the earlier shows) , people like Amy are going to feel hurt, because she lost sight of the prize, and it was all about the friendship
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The cab driver was rather weird about it as well.

First, he had the couple in his cab. Then when the wives came out, he was like "No worries, I'll just toss out their bags, and you can come ride with me." He totally offered to ditch his previous clients and take on another team. Then when it was Tim and Marie, and he had already droven off, he suddenly started to wonder if he was doing the right thing. Suddenly growing a conscious there? It might have been an act to get the team to tip him more just to cooperate, but he realized quickly that Marie wasn't the type to fall for that.

Was also a bit disappointed in Tim there, though I guess he's just too used to Marie bossing him around. It was pretty clear in the cab that this lying about business didn't really come naturally to him, and at the mat from reading his face, he realized it was quite the error they made there. It makes me wonder, if they're so incompatible, if one of them (probably Marie) had sent in a dozen applications with a dozen different people, in the hopes that one of these applications would be accepted, and that they weren't exactly each other's first choice for this race.

Nice of the wives to not make enemies, and leave that mess of a cab behind. They might also have worried about the integrity of the cab driver. What if they needed to leave the cab quickly at a later point in the leg? Would the cab driver toss out their bags so another team could take it from there?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't care that Pinky took the other team's cab, since their bags weren't in it at the time. I do wonder, though, how that works out for payment. Did Jason and Amy pay the driver already for their previous ride, or were they going to pay for the whole thing when they got to the pitstop? Did they pay the driver to wait or did he just wait, keeping the meter running? It seems to me that if they paid off the driver before going to the challenge, he was free to go and could transport whomever he liked. If he had the meter running for them, he shouldn't have picked up another team. If he did, that team would be paying for time put on the meter by Jason and Amy.
    The other factor is that the Pink team apparently grabbed the cab because it was closer than their own. As I understand it, they had their own cab waiting father away, so they only saved a minute or two by stealing Jason and Amy's. But did their driver have his meter running (and it's hard to believe that he would have waited if he wasn't expecting to be paid)? If so, Pinky left a driver unpaid. How did that slide by?
    holly71 and Uncle David like this.

Marie is toxic and always will be toxic. Two other teams did NOT do what she did and her ploy of, "You don't know what you would do in that position," doesn't begin to hold water.

I just reread her bio on page 1 of their thread. Two items struck me. First, her answer to-- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kristin Cavallari - (is she even still famous?) she doesn’t care what anyone thinks, does what she wants when she wants.

Second, her answer to -- Pet peeve about your teammate: He always has to be right, even when he knows he’s wrong. He justifies anything and creates an argument out of anything and everything. Of course, in her own eyes, she is never wrong about anything.

Tim is just a weasel. How he can ever show his face again after letting her bully him like that, even if they should win the race, is beyond me.
    nanaslbkp and Babbred like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The teams are not allowed to remove another teams bags from a cab, but in this case Pinky and no brain didn't even ask the cab driver to remove them so I don't have a problem with them when it comes to that. Is it bad sportsmanship to take someone's cab, partly because you weren't smart enough to ask yours to wait? Very much so in my opinion, especially when you know that you are ahead of several other teams.

It's not so much the taking of the cab that bothered me, although it showed what poor sports they are compared to the other teams who chose not to do that, it was the justifying it with "well everyone else is just as poor a sport and bitchy as me" and trying to tell everyone what they would do. You obviously don't understand that other people have higher expectations of themselves than you do.
    NCLurker and marauder like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thels View Post
    The cab driver was rather weird about it as well.

Nice of the wives to not make enemies, and leave that mess of a cab behind. They might also have worried about the integrity of the cab driver. What if they needed to leave the cab quickly at a later point in the leg? Would the cab driver toss out their bags so another team could take it from there?

Pinky is a total friggin' idiot. Oh man, if I had been Amy, I would have whirled around and snapped, "Honey, when that next U-Turn comes, you are toast. I will personally tell every other team what you did and let's just see how many of them will give you a pass for it." Even if some teams were willing to overlook their behavior, how would Pinky and Brain know that? They'd be forced to race while wondering who was going to stab them in the back.

And they don't have an EP to bribe anyone with, either. Since the other teams know this, they really won't be inclined to help them.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I am ultimately happy that OK are gone.

I would have swapped any of the last three teams eliminated before them in their place.
    Moontat likes this.

What bugged me the most was Marie saying, as they finished the task, "Now let's go steal a cab" ... obviously it wasn't a case where their cab had left them, there were no other cabs around, and this one had no bags in it so was fair game. It was more like Marie was determined (after losing ground earlier because they couldn't find a cab quick enough) to take the first cab she saw, no matter whose it was originally. Tim wasn't as keen, but as usual he lets himself be run over by her. When she was arguing so vehemently at the mat, Tim looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there. He's spineless when it comes to her, and she knows it. I guess on some level he likes it, though, since they did have a relationship and obviously are still friends or whatever they are.

I hope karma comes and bites her in the butt. She deserves it. But don't look for any self-reflection or growth from Marie, because obviously as far as she is concerned, there is nothing wrong with her or how she behaves.

The singing task was difficult, for sure. If you did not know how to read music, or had no ability to carry a tune, it would be really hard. I too think the maestro was kind at the end when he let the last two teams go.

Vienna is beautiful. Another place to put on my TAR map of places I want to go.

Next week it looks like Tim might say what we're all thinking: Marie is not right in the head. At least, I think that was Tim's voice from the preview but they didn't show him saying it, so I can't be sure.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I am ultimately happy that OK are gone.

I would have swapped any of the last three teams eliminated before them in their place.
    How come? They seemed like decent guys trying hard, grateful for the opportunity, and they never attempted to sabotage anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    How come? They seemed like decent guys trying hard, grateful for the opportunity, and they never attempted to sabotage anybody else.
    I agree, I liked them. They were not annoying, and they were so grateful for this whole experience
    holly71 and Babbred like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast