+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: 10/20 TAR 23: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/20 TAR 23: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Love that everyone seems to be throwing the express pass back in Pinkie's face. She thought she could strong arm everyone! Clueless!! I so hope they go, but you know it probably won't be them. However, I shall hope...
    I do like how the Beardies did that but I would luv to see PHD eliminated with both express passes unused.

I wonder if she realizes how much the other teams are hating her?

Glad to see it is a super long leg as I would like to see the Baseball Bunnies catch up.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

They cannot use the express pass because there is no task to be completed, which I find humorous. Even though the show showed the Doctors driving off, I would bet they are given the express pass. There will be hell to pay when the pink hair finds out the ex missed finding the clue.
    Shoepie likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Loved the credit song fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads I'm still singing it. The entire episode was fun, scenery was gorgeous, and the challenges were interesting. Well done, show!

Nicole is all kinds of awesome, throwing the gauntlet down with Marie. You could tell Marie was like "What the heck is going on here? Why isn't she kissing my butt because I have the express pass!? What do you mean you won't HELP ME!??? DON"T YOU KNOW I HAVE THE EXPRESS PASS!????"

Even if Nicole tells them where the pit stop is, don't they have to go back and retrieve the clue? I'm sure that happened in an earlier season, where a team left a clue behind or lost it, and stumbled upon Phil and the pit stop but were sent back.

The beards had so much fun this leg, I was glad to see them rewarded with first place and the prize. I'm definitely rooting for them to win.

The only thing that bugged this episode was the fact that the two detour challenges seemed really uneven. The two teams that chose hammer were not that far behind the rest when they started, but suddenly they had only just gotten the fish and the majority of the teams who chose to string the fish heads were completely finished the task. Odd.

I would dearly love to see Pinky go out with both express passes in her possession.
    Shoepie, wannasee and Photobabe like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I would dearly love to see Pinky go out with both express passes in her possession.
    That makes me wonder.

What if she did get eliminated before she gave the second EP away? Would she still need to?

As this is a continuation leg (#4) she still has two weeks (leg #5) to give it up or throw it away. Because this is a continuation leg, PHD and what's his face may get a penalty for no clue if Doc tells them where the long house is...maybe it will put them so far behind, and with a double U-Turn...maybe, just maybe they will be in for a world of hurt next week.
    holly71 and Shoepie like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Okkies help the girls. They are so nice...unfortunately too nice to win this is my bet.
    After prevailing upon the boys to help them drive the pickup, the girls have the gaul to announce "Heck Yeah! We don't need boys for this!" as they find the clue and coins.
    Duckyface likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Loved the credit song fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads I'm still singing it. The entire episode was fun, scenery was gorgeous, and the challenges were interesting. Well done, show!

Nicole is all kinds of awesome, throwing the gauntlet down with Marie. You could tell Marie was like "What the heck is going on here? Why isn't she kissing my butt because I have the express pass!? What do you mean you won't HELP ME!??? DON"T YOU KNOW I HAVE THE EXPRESS PASS!????"
    I loved how they turned the tables on Marie myself. Sure, she was trying to use it as carrot again to get people to help her and then would pull it back, but honestly, she should've realized that this time the ball was in the court of the one who actually had the information to keep them in the game (and EP WON'T do that except in challenges).

I mean, seriously - it's not a special power that was bestowed upon them and won't get them back in the game if they are eliminated. That felt almost like the Lawon of Big Brother experience there.

Even if Nicole tells them where the pit stop is, don't they have to go back and retrieve the clue? I'm sure that happened in an earlier season, where a team left a clue behind or lost it, and stumbled upon Phil and the pit stop but were sent back.
    Depends - I've seen them do a retrieve a clue and the other a penalty. I think it'll depend on where they're positioned in this mid-leg of the race, so most likely I think it'll be they have to return to find the clue. I'd like to see them have to find it, come in last in the mid-leg and have to do a tougher speedbump (because if any team deserved to finally get a tougher version of one it's here and hopefully to get them to either wake up or be eliminated).

The only thing that bugged this episode was the fact that the two detour challenges seemed really uneven. The two teams that chose hammer were not that far behind the rest when they started, but suddenly they had only just gotten the fish and the majority of the teams who chose to string the fish heads were completely finished the task. Odd.
    I think the challenge makers thought the same thing, but didn't realize that the climb onto those drying stacks on top of a midnight sun (which would mess up anyone's biological/internal sleep clock) would factor in. The fish heads were more of an inside task so people would be fooled into thinking it was night and the correct time. Add to it the fish climbers had to also make a pound of jerky (which for fish is more than you'd think), yeah... I'm not surprised.

I have to say it, me too - or at least give the other one away to get a clue, get lost still and not use the EP and be eliminated. (I say the latter ONLY because I'd like a team to get it who I do like or at least respect).

BTW, didn't realize the bearded team told the EP holding team where to go put the pass. I think they'd rather run and enjoy the race win, lose or draw and not - their opinion - have a "cheat/easy way out" to get to the next round.

Well either that or they really just don't respect the blackmail/bribe/Indian giver vibe way the team is using the express passes.

I was screaming at the tv...........IF YOU APPLY FOR AMAZING RACE, LEARN TO DRIVE A STICK!!
    dagwood, captain, pikachu and 5 others like this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Love that everyone seems to be throwing the express pass back in Pinkie's face. She thought she could strong arm everyone! Clueless!! I so hope they go, but you know it probably won't be them. However, I shall hope...
    I'm hoping the very same thing right along with you. I think everyone watching the AR feels the same about Pinkie. It's all her though because I don't think I've heard her ex say anything about that (at least not on camera). I sort of feel bad for him, but then he made the decision to do the race with her and why I don't quite understand.

We are really enjoying AR this time, I love the race kept on going. It's hilarious that they didn't seem to care( any of them so far) that Pinky has her precious express pass. I bet they would love to tell what to do with it

I wish I'd have chosen the beards to have in my pool! love those guys.
    I agree this race is really enjoyable minus Pinky. I thought the same thing tonight - "why didn't I put the "Beards" in my pool?" I should have know just looking at them that they would be a strong team. I really messed up by not picking them. They are clearly having a good time and that's the type of team I really love to watch race.

I loved the song as well and can't get it out of my head now. I agree everything about the episode was great. I was pretty sure that it was going to be a leg that continued on and loved how the "Beards" just took off running once they heard what they had won. They are clearly enjoying themselves and they made everything they did on this leg look so easy - at least for them. Great episode!!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Love that they played the fish heads song at the end: "Fish heads, Fish heads/ Rolly-poly fish heads/ Fish heads, Fish heads/Eat 'em up/Yum!"
    That was my favorite part of the whole episode! I used to like that song when I was in high school and I told my nephew about it when he was little. He cracked up every time he heard it, too.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast