+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: TAR 24 *Speculation and Spoilers* thread

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: TAR 24 *Speculation and Spoilers* thread

I agree. The Chips would have been a great pick. James/Abba as well.

You know who I really want to see back?

Bill/Cathi. They were the old couple from Andy/Tommy's first season.

Too many male teams. They could be a nice pick.

I adored the Chips. Would have loved to see them back.

The reason many don't like the twins is how they took James/Abba's money when it was left lying at a travel agency or something similar. They knew whose money it was, but took it anyway and laughed about it. Some saw it as good game play to capitalize on someone else's mistake. Others saw it as unnecessary and cruel to essentially steal from another team, but even worse to think it was hilarious to do so. Just annoying, IMO.

I had forgotten that the snowboarders were religious. Normally, I dislike the people who shove religion into our faces but I can't really remember them doing so outside of the scene you mentioned, JK. I seem to remember them having fun, which is what I like in teams.

I am pretty surprised to see Brendon/Rachel on the list as well as the Cowboys.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    The reason many don't like the twins is how they took James/Abba's money when it was left lying at a travel agency or something similar. They knew whose money it was, but took it anyway and laughed about it. Some saw it as good game play to capitalize on someone else's mistake. Others saw it as unnecessary and cruel to essentially steal from another team, but even worse to think it was hilarious to do so. Just annoying, IMO.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I forgot about that. Those girls are the most despicable contestants I have ever seen on this show. Not only did they laugh about taking the money, but they split it with another team who was right there watching them steal it. And I remember somebody saying when the episode aired that one of the twins tried to justify their behavior on Twitter. I wonder if any of the other teams saw that season and how they'll react to the twins.

I had forgotten that the snowboarders were religious. Normally, I dislike the people who shove religion into our faces but I can't really remember them doing so outside of the scene you mentioned, JK. I seem to remember them having fun, which is what I like in teams.
    They didn't "shove it anybody's face". After they completed a challege at a Buddhist Temple, they just calmly told the camera that they didn't agree with that religion. They never insulted a native and they completed the challenge without incident. Overall, they were great contestants, always cheerful and enjoying the race. They were also good racers. I vaguely remember there was one challenge where they and one other team were the only ones to read the clue correctly.

I am pretty surprised to see Brendon/Rachel on the list as well as the Cowboys.

Seriously? The whiny, obnoxious BB couple? Good grief, during their season it got so bad that I just turned down the volume whenever they appeared.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Are Tim and Marie the same as Pinky and the Brain? I can't stand them, either. Hopefully they and BB will put their claws into each other while everybody else races. Also, if Pinky is on the All-Stars, does that mean that they wiped out on this current season? Please, please let that be so!

Great to see the Cowboy's back! Those other teams totally cheated on their last season, so I hope the Cowboys kick some serious butt this time.

And great to see Mark and Bopper! No, they weren't the greatest of racers, but they were so sweet I don't care.
    Last edited by Babbred; 10-21-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Jezebella and AZChristian like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I'm pleased I wasn't the only one who remember the twins theft of money from another pair. I hadn't liked them before that incident, but afterwards, I thought they were despicable.

I've also seen way more than enough of Brendan and Rachel to last me a lifetime or two.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I didn't think the snowboarders were in your face about their religion either. In fact, aside from that scene and a couple others where they mentioned how their faith is important to them, I don't really remember it being an issue. I do remember them enjoying themselves a lot and running a good clean race. Hopefully I'm remembering right!

The twins' theft of the money was that much more despicable when contrasted with James/Abba's story of the sick dad (can't remember which one). The twins were juvenile and annoying, and I'm not interested in seeing them back or giving them any more air time to act like idiots.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.

I really really really have had enough of Brenchal

OTOH at the opposite end of the spectrum, the Cowboys have been my favourites -out off all the seasons
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yeah. Well, my opinion on the snowboarders will stand for now.

But I'm used to being in the minority anyway. Maybe because I don't have a heart.

OTOH at the opposite end of the spectrum, the Cowboys have been my favourites -out off all the seasons
    Oh that reminds me. For me, OSWALD AND DANNY!!

I want them back for a third time!!!!

They finished 4th twice!!!

They need another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I really really really have had enough of Brenchal

Amen to both counts. I love the Cowboys because they were the perfect contestants. Great racers, yet nice and humble. Many times those teams who are physically fit are also arrogant, while the nice teams are the ones who wash out early.

I am seriously considering whether I want to watch this. As much as I love the Cowboys and Mark/Bopper, I really do not think I could stomach all those nasty teams again. One nasty team, maybe. But three in one race? Good grief almighty.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

For whoever doesn't remember Oswald/Danny, they were the gay Cubans from season 2 and All-stars.

They were known for being nice to everyone and being funny at times. At one point they went shopping in the middle of a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    For whoever doesn't remember Oswald/Danny, they were the gay Cubans from season 2 and All-stars.

They were known for being nice to everyone and being funny at times. At one point they went shopping in the middle of a leg.
    I loved them!!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread