+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/13 TAR 23: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I guess baseball wives are used to the executive lounge so they knew where to go for help. I would like the show better if there weren't affluent people competing but where to draw the line?
    ooh never thought of that! Its like the NFL team, they said they are use to people booking for them .I don't think affluence makes or breaks a team though- look at past winners
    Hyper likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    ooh never thought of that! Its like the NFL team, they said they are use to people booking for them .I don't think affluence makes or breaks a team though- look at past winners
    For sure. I just like to think of regular Joe getting the chance to travel on someone else's dime as opposed to people who don't need the money. I think mark and bopper will forever represent that to me.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Reading this again, I thought I'd do a checking of the diameter of earth. It is 7,918 miles.

So... apparently Magellan decided he wanted to cut through the earth, so he got stuck in the mantle and is there to this day trying to continue his journey to the center of the earth.
    I don't know a nautical mile from a land mile, but it does pretty much make sense. Using the 2xPixR or PixD, the circumference comes out to approximately 24,8662.5, which may be correct in land miles. Sorry, I couldn't make the symbol for Pi print here. Anyway, it's close enough.

I hope Magellan had some sun screen with him.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    ooh never thought of that! Its like the NFL team, they said they are use to people booking for them. I don't think affluence makes or breaks a team though - look at past winners
    Exactly. I'm no WAG of any athlete, nor am I affluent or the WAG of a Million Miler, but I still know the place to go is the airline lounge.

Actually, as I read through these posts, I'm surprised the Baseball Wives aren't getting more props for their ploy. They sure ruffled Pink's stink, and that, from what I read, is what everyone wants!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Exactly. I'm no WAG of any athlete, nor am I affluent or the WAG of a Million Miler, but I still know the place to go is the airline lounge.

Actually, as I read through these posts, I'm surprised the Baseball Wives aren't getting more props for their ploy. They sure ruffled Pink's stink, and that, from what I read, is what everyone wants!
    I missed the part where they went to the lounge, however if it messed with miss pinky head, I am fine with that

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Haven't been a big fan of the doctor spouses, but next week's previews had me cheering for the wife.

Pinky: "What's the answer? We have the Express Pass!"
    Dr. Wife: "Give me the Express Pass and we'll tell you the answer. Give it to me right now if you want the answer."
    Pinky: (Jaw drops in amazement that Dr. Wife doesn't give her the answer without turning over the EP.)
    Dr. Wife: (Eyes roll and look of disdain at Pinky's attitude.)

I think next week is gonna be great fun!!!
    Oh you caught it all! well done . I missed hearing what they said. This should be good
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-15-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was just glad the OK team were suspicious, well, at least one of them was suspicious, and in fact figure the whole plan out pretty quickly and completely. I guess the Afghans aren't as smart and devious as they seem to think they are.

I'm also thoroughly sick of Pinky using the express pass to demand info from the other teams. Looks like she doesn't expect the other teams to play the same game, if the previews are accurate. I'd be tempted to tell her to shove it.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    As much as I like OK, I nearly died laughing at that mistake. The Canal was dug in the early 20th century. I remember turning to my husband and saying, "Er, not quite. They're only off by 500 years!"

I will say, though, that I was impressed at how they figured out they were being used by Afghanimals. Kudos to OK for finding a better flight.

Since real chain mail was designed for the express purpose of stopping a weapon, it could be quite heavy. I did some research, and the article I read said that historical/fantasy movies often use mail made out of plastic because it weighs less.

That reminds me. Several years ago I was visiting a Highland Games festival. I and my friend were looking at the weapons sold by a swordsmith. He allowed people to lift them up, and boy, they were heavy. He said that's because his swords were historically accurate. Then he added that a friend of his made weapons for Hollywood movies. "Only he has to use aluminum, or they'd never get those things off the ground!" the smith laughed. I think about that every time I see a movie with swords.

As for NFL, I think that was the saddest exit I've seen in several seasons of watching this show.
    I think all "body armor" is heavy. Flak jackets worn in Vietnam were very heavy and then add the weight of any ammunition. They also carried weapons ... rifles and grenades ... and radios that were huge and heavy. Also there were other things they carried ... and then they climbed up hills and crawled through razor grass in the jungle.

Thank a Veteran of any era!
    Punkin, Moontat and Duckyface like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

What they all need is mithril.
    FireWoman, Hyper, Allie and 1 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    What they all need is mithril.
    Color me clueless but what is mithril?
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontat View Post
    Color me clueless but what is mithril?
    Mithril is a fictional light as air armor seen in the fantasy realm. For example, in Lord of the Rings, Bilbo gave Frodo a suit of mithril armor. It's perfect for Hobbits because it is so light, but so strong.

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread