+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 10/6 TAR 23: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/6 TAR 23: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm sorry. Back in the pilot thread, somebody had said that the Afghanimals reminded them of the old Garanimals clothing line. I LOL, because that's exactly what I thought! I guess I made a mental slip when I posted up above.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Marie - PHD - initially irked everyone at the ship where they had to wait for it to open. She had them all line up their back packs in the order they arrived. One of the football players said...screw this. Anyway, it didn't matter because it was a mad scramble once the gate opened.

No one has touched on the salt challenge, which was really grueling whether you broke open rocks or hefted 60 lb bags across rough ground to tubs in order to make a salt water bath. Everyone was exhausted from the initial bike ride then the task then the bike ride back out. I bet more than one fell asleep as soon as their buses pulled out of the station.

The hippies ran the best race of this leg coming from last to fourth (I think) and the footballers were excited with their first place Travelocity prize to Turks and Caicos. Sorry about Bingo, but as mentioned they made two really stupid mistakes during this leg as well as running into the inevitable taxi getting lost on the way to the salt mines. Jamal and Leo did well until trying to figure out the exchange to pay the taxi driver at the pit stop and the blame game began. I hope they resolve that before the next leg.

Except for PHD and Bingo mistakes, this leg actually was run fairly smooth. It did bother me when these sweaty runners take over a plaza looking for a clue box. I thought they were going to run some people down.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Were a lot of the racers in bare feet doing that salt bath challenge? I get that they had to change into their bathing suits, but I would have immediately put my shoes back on to run with those sacks. It looked just too painful otherwise, and I have really sensitive feet so there's no way I could move quickly over that rocky ground. Both challenges looked difficult, actually.

I liked Bingo for being nice guys, but they were not good racers. I suffered from extreme second-hand embarrassment for the guy harassing the poor shoe shine man. He just couldn't stop and *think* for a minute, that maybe he was confused and this poor man protesting has nothing to do with the race. Would be nice to know if he was compensated for missing any customers because of this.
    pikachu, Photobabe and Midol like this.

I tweeted to the cbs amazing race twitter that I wish they would give cyclists helmets. Television has such power to promote safe behaviours.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Newbie

Pinky and the Brain! THAT'S where No Brain came from. Duh. I just remembered. It is (was?) a cartoon on Nickelodeon. The theme song started out "Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain"...etc. And now I have THAT song stuck in my head. Arrrg!

I have to disagree about the 2nd Express Pass. Why not dangle it in front of the others? It is just like the HII, you have to play the game to win.
    Photobabe likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by luvbaroque View Post
    Pinky and the Brain! THAT'S where No Brain came from. Duh. I just remembered. It is (was?) a cartoon on Nickelodeon. The theme song started out "Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain"...etc. And now I have THAT song stuck in my head. Arrrg!

PATB were a part of the "Animaniacs" TV show that ran on the WB network in the 90's. It was an updating of the Looney Tunes, so it was set at Warner Bros. studios. The show would feature several cartoons, each with different main characters. PATB were a pair of lab mice. Brain was an evil genius who would constantly come up with plans to take over the world. Pinky was the seemingly dumb sidekick who would point out the obvious flaws. Brain would ignore him, and then his plan would blow up in his face.

I am a total geek. I loved that show so much, I can still quote dialogue. "Pinkyyyyy, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" (Brain rubs hands gleefully) "I don't know, Brain. That French cheese is really stinky?"

And the classic "Okluvyoubyebye." (from another cartoon, but my sister and used to say that to each other all the time)
    NCLurker likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I tweeted to the cbs amazing race twitter that I wish they would give cyclists helmets. Television has such power to promote safe behaviours.
    When you are out of the US other countries do not follow the same safety standards that we do.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by luvbaroque View Post
    Ha! Me, too! Gotta love Pinky and The Brain!

♫ They're Pinky and The Brain,
    Yes, Pinky and The Brain,
    One is a genius; the other's insane.
    They're laboratory mice.
    Their genes have been spliced.
    They're dinky; they're Pinky and
    The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain. ♫
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I confess I watched that show too. Even had a stuffed Pinky and Brain for awhile. Ah, good times.

TAR's "Pinky" is going to screw herself over unless she figures out a way to calm down and play nice. Nobody will help them if they are absolute jerks, and as we saw with the Cowboys a few seasons ago, the others can even conspire against you to get you out. She doesn't have to be best friends with these people, but for goodness sake, you don't have to be a beeyotch either.

And I sided with the ex-footballers with their WTF moment after being told to line their backpacks up in the order they arrived....only to have a mass rush when the gate opened. Who put her in charge!?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast