+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 10/6 TAR 23: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/6 TAR 23: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't care if you don't hand over your express pass, just don't try to dangle it in order to get others to help you. I can't remember the team Marie did this to, I think it was the Afghan cousins. She said something like, "Which way is it?! I have the express pass!"

My dearest wish is that she and her stupid ex get eliminated with BOTH express passes in their pockets. Whoever called them "Pinky and No-Brain" on the show was awesome. She is indeed a miserable, sour person.

Love the hippies and the ex-NFL guys.
    holly71 and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I don't care if you don't hand over your express pass, just don't try to dangle it in order to get others to help you. I can't remember the team Marie did this to, I think it was the Afghan cousins. She said something like, "Which way is it?! I have the express pass!"

My dearest wish is that she and her stupid ex get eliminated with BOTH express passes in their pockets. Whoever called them "Pinky and No-Brain" on the show was awesome. She is indeed a miserable, sour person.

Love the hippies and the ex-NFL guys.
    I agree. When she said "I have the express pass," they should have said "OK. Give it to us right now and we will give you the answer. Otherwise, just shut up."

I loved the NFL players riding the bikes. They looked so big on them, like they were riding little circus trikes.
    holly71, NCLurker and AZChristian like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    *sigh* We're going to be a good 45 minutes late here. I do wish they'd move TAR to another night.
    That would surely hurt its ratings. Getting the lead-in from the NFL and "60 Minutes" is something most shows would kill for. Set your recorder for an extra hour.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Meanwhile Bingo guy goes to some actual shoe shine guy and asks to be taught. Wants to take his stand...wrong one and just keeps going.
    How are things like this possible? IIRC, a couple seasons ago a team did their task at the wrong ice cream booth, to the bemused confusion of the workers there. Isn't there some kind of flag or password or something to indicate the right place? (Although it was pretty idiotic for Bingo guy not to recognize that something wasn't right.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Oh so Bingo has the sob story. I didnt know who. I guess the name Bingo came from them being older so must play the game??
    Shopie it's not team Bingo with the sob story. They were named Bingo because they are actors who are in a play called the "Queen of Bingo" and they dress as women for their parts. It looks kind of funny.

The sob story comes from the guys I dubbed the country guys who are from Oklahoma...Tim and Danny. One of them said he has a sick wife and both of them talked of how much a life changer the money would be...although none of that seems to be in their bio.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Shopie it's not team Bingo with the sob story. They were named Bingo because they are actors who are in a play called the "Queen of Bingo" and they dress as women for their parts. It looks kind of funny.

The sob story comes from the guys I dubbed the country guys who are from Oklahoma...Tim and Danny. One of them said he has a sick wife and both of them talked of how much a life changer the money would be...although none of that seems to be in their bio.
    They didn't dwell on that last night though - I hardly recall seeing them to be truthful
    holly71 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    How are things like this possible? IIRC, a couple seasons ago a team did their task at the wrong ice cream booth, to the bemused confusion of the workers there. Isn't there some kind of flag or password or something to indicate the right place? (Although it was pretty idiotic for Bingo guy not to recognize that something wasn't right.)
    Yes, there was indeed something to identify it as being part of the race. It was shown for all the teams...some kind of orange and red ribbons on the stand...but he never looked for that. He just saw the shoe shine guy and assumed he was a part of the race even though the man was clearly protesting...even if you didn't speak the language it was obvious! The race sets everything up for the teams...I don't know why he would think the person would fight him for the stand. That was just one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. I don't know what is it with this group but, they really seem to have trouble following the clues. I don't recall so many mess ups in a season...ever...and this was only the second episode!
    holly71 likes this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

I was at a party last night where they had AR showing in the background. Therefore, I could see the action but couldn't hear the dialogue. Judging by how people described Pinky's behavior, I'm glad now that I didn't have to hear her.

We actually left the party before the show ended (thank you CBS and your stupid delays! ). I was going to watch it online today but I don't think I will now. It would be just too sad after Pinky's atrocious behavior to see Bingo eliminated.

Actually, I have mixed feelings about Bingo. While I loved their personalities, they clearly weren't going to make it very far since they weren't in shape. I'm almost kind of glad they went out this early so I didn't develop a deeper feeling for them. Would it be mean if the show ever passed a rule saying only people in good physical condition could apply? I'm not trying to be judgmental, but it just pains me to see people who are clearly out of shape (and usually older) struggling to keep up with younger, fitter contestants.

Since I didn't see the last quarter of the show, I didn't see the fiasco with Bingo and the shoe shine guy. As much I as loved them, I've got to agree that that was one of the stupidest things to happen on this show. Come on. If the merchant was clearly fussing and protesting, then how in the world could you not understand that maybe you screwed up and got the wrong guy. I've traveled overseas, including to non-English speaking countries. Trust me, body language and tone can convey a lot. "No! Get away from me!" shouldn't require a translation. So again, if Bingo were this clueless, then maybe it was a mercy they checked out so early. (And yes, the show has always clearly marked where the contestants are supposed to go with red and yellow ribbons.)

I saw Phil send Garanimals back and them arguing with their cab driver, but then I got distracted. What was up with that? I like the NFL guys, so I'm not unhappy that they won this leg.

Before I forget, let me say that I'm glad the father/daughter team washed out last leg. We've been down this road before. A few seasons ago they had that Asian father/daughter team, with the same conflict. "He's from the Old World so he doesn't understand me!" I was not looking forward to several more episodes of bickering between them.

As to the sob story, good grief, they have this every season. Remember just a while back when they had those best friends from Arkansas? The black guy and the white guy? Everybody loved them and rooted for them because the white guy said he was running to pay his daughter's medical bills. It's called human interest, and it's a staple of reality shows, just like the bitchy contestants that you're supposed to root against. I don't mind the sob story people at all. It's not like performance-based talent shows, where an untalented contestant might coast on his backstory and eliminate more talented people. Here, all the contestants are on equal footing. They all have to do the same challenges. If one team has a really personal reason for wanting the money, well, then, I applaud them. I think it's incredibly brave to put themselves through all this for somebody they love.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Lets put Jamal (the yeller on Granamils) and Marie (The Devil with Pink Hair) on a team together. I think they would last 5 minutes before imploding.

OMG I just had a thought instead of calling Marie The Devil with Pink Hair I should call her the Pink Haired Devil or PHD for short, it's brilliant.

Can no one on this season of TAR read a clue? I was so happy Team Bingo managed to catch up to the 2nd bus and they simply blew it, it was painful to watch.

It is hard to hear what they call themselves but it is Afghanimals since they are Afghani.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Would it be mean if the show ever passed a rule saying only people in good physical condition could apply? I'm not trying to be judgmental, but it just pains me to see people who are clearly out of shape (and usually older) struggling to keep up with younger, fitter contestants.
    Not a good idea. The tasks so far haven't been particularly demanding. Bingo wouldn't have lost if they hadn't picked the wrong bus and the wrong shoeshine guy. Smarts, not speed or strength, were the issue. And some of the toughest competitors have been people with apparent physical limitations, like the "little person" from a few seasons ago. And what criteria would you apply? The average healthy man is bigger and stronger than the average healthy woman, but that doesn't necessarily mean that women are at a disadvantage during the Race. Unless you want to restrict your choices to professional athletes and cheerleaders (of whom I think there have been too many already), I think anybody who passes the physical should have a chance to play.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast