Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Tim & Danny - TAR 23

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Tim & Danny - TAR 23

Name: Tim Wiyninger

Hometown: Cordell, Okla.

Connection to your teammate: Best Friend

Current occupation: Oilfield Plant Operator

Describe what you do: As a bulk plant operator, I load bulk chemicals onto trucks that go out to location. Also, with as many crews that we run, I have to forecast on how much chemicals need to be ordered to start and finish a job.

3 words to describe you: Happy, funny and outgoing.

Favorite hobbies: Golf, attending sporting events and road trips.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? The birth of my son and being able to provide for my family.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Will Ferrell, because he’s funny, kind-hearted and loves everyone.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Owen Wilson, because he’s funny and a ladies man.

What scares you most about traveling? Seeing people in other countries who are less fortunate and not being able to help.

What excites you most about traveling? Going to places I have never been before and making new memories with people I love.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We always believe that neither of us are wrong. Instead of listening to his argument, I just tell him my points. I hope I can be a better listener so I can respond to his points rather than hearing what I want to hear.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He spends too much time in front of the mirror.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would like to go to Australia. It would be amazing to visit the outback and see animals in their natural habitats.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I have never been overseas. Being able to travel the world and to see new things that I never thought would be possible.

Name: Daniel “Danny” Merkey

Hometown: Cordell, Okla.

Connection to your teammate: Best Friend

Current occupation: Oil Field Operator

Describe what you do: In the bulk plant my job is to blend various cements for oil rigs in the field. I also have to keep track and maintain any and all cements and additives used in the blending.

3 words to describe you: Cute, funny and brave.

Favorite hobbies: Fishing, golfing and Thunder Basketball.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? The birth of my daughter. A close second is taking 3rd in state in wrestling with a torn ACL.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Mark Wahlberg - tough and gritty but also hilarious.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Vince Vaughan – he is a fast talking ladies’ man but has a big heart.

What scares you most about traveling? I love traveling for the most part. I’m not a big fan of the ocean. Just something about not knowing what’s out there makes me nervous.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new cultures, sites and learning about different ways of life.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Tim and I are both very headstrong and sometimes argue about the simplest things to prove the other wrong. To win we will have to put that aside at times and trust each other.

Pet peeve about your teammate: His dirty car. When we go to lunch we never take his car because I can’t fit in the passenger seat with all the junk.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I have always wanted to see Rome with all the history and culture it has to offer.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? This is a once in a lifetime chance to see the world and make new friends.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/214745/

Re: Tim & Danny - TAR 23

Both of them headstrong and always believe they are right. This should be interesting!!

OMG these guys are from my hometown! I didn't even realize that they were on "The Race". That will make this season especially interesting for me! These guys are very hard workers so unless they put a target on themselves, they should do well! I bet they can eat anything!

They were pretty mild this episode. I did like the one guy being so appreciative of the hang gliding challenge. It really looked beautiful and so much fun, and I love it when we see people taken out of their comfort zone and embracing it. I will be cheering for them.
    mesachick likes this.

They are like the typical sob story white family men that America will obsess over and root for over anybody else.

Which means I will hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    They were pretty mild this episode. I did like the one guy being so appreciative of the hang gliding challenge. It really looked beautiful and so much fun, and I love it when we see people taken out of their comfort zone and embracing it. I will be cheering for them.
    I will as well. I liked them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

They're on the show so the viewers can have something to cry about while watching.
    Punkin likes this.

I only heard their "story" in passing and can't remember what it is all about. I haven't heard them speak of family in the legs I've watched and they are on my enjoyment list so far.
    Florimel and scoot13 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I hope it stays that way for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    They're on the show so the viewers can have something to cry about while watching.
    Why would I cry over them? nope, no crying here
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast