• 1 Post By sweetpea

Thread: Rowan & Shane - TAR 23

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Rowan & Shane - TAR 23

Name: Rowan Joseph

Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.

Connection to your teammate: Best friend and business partner

Current occupation: Actor, Producer, Director and Voiceover Artist

Describe what you do: Tour the U.S and Canada as an actor in the stage comedy “The Queen of Bingo,” the longest-running, Actor's Equity Association (non-musical) touring production in the country; as well as playing small roles on TV and in films. I also work as a voiceover artist, including serving as the imaging voice for WRFK 89.3-fm in Baton Rouge, LA, part of the NPR Digital Network. Along with Shane Partlow, I own and operate two production companies, Theatre A Go-Go, Inc. (Theatre) and Greenwood Hill Productions (Film & TV).

3 words to describe you: Funny, generous, stubborn.

Favorite hobbies: Traveling, camping and hanging out with my dog “Obe” - trust me it’s a hobby.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Producing and directing the anti-war film “Dalton Trumbo’s Johnny Got His Gun” starring Ben McKenzie.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Eric Stonestreet from “Modern Family,” Lou Costello from “Abbott and Costello” and Nathan Lane.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Stan Laurel (from Laurel and Hardy) and Don Knotts (“Barney Fife” from The Andy Griffith Show).

What scares you most about traveling? Snakes and tired stewardesses.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places I never even imagined, learning from and experiencing new things, adventures!

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Hopefully get him to listen better and think before he speaks! Getting him to admit he made a mistake on camera would be worth the trip!

Pet peeve about your teammate: Chewing with his mouth open, and he is too neat and organized, which could actually be good in this instance.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Vatican City would be amazing! Venice canals, the Coliseum, Pompeii would be awesome, the Amalfi coast – anywhere in Italy really.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? More fun stories and adventures, traveling to new places and meeting people of different cultures, learning ideas, laughing a lot and making other people laugh a lot too.

Name: Shane Partlow

Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.

Connection to your teammate: Best Friend and Business Partner

Current occupation: Actor/ Producer

Describe what you do: I have been touring the USA and Canada as an actor in a show called “The Queen of Bingo” for the last 10 years, playing the senior citizen, “Sis”, the older sister in the play. When not touring, I play small roles on TV and in films. Along with Rowan Joseph, I own and run the production end of Theatre A Go-Go, Inc.

3 words to describe you: Optimistic, loving, funny.

Favorite hobbies: Running (7 miles, 5 days a week), water/snow skiing, Venus flytraps.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Learning to trick rope from my Dad and perfecting the skill.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? A cross between Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) before the accident, Jon Cryer and Keith Carradine.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? A cross between Nathan Lane and Lou Costello.

What scares you most about traveling? Bed bugs and hotel bedspreads.

What excites you most about traveling? People! I just really love people. How boring it would be if we were all the same. I love going to a place I have only heard about or seen pictures of, big or small.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Listening to me more and not being stubborn. I think this is a Scorpio thing.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Sneezes more than any person I know and is always in the bathroom (I guess getting tissues because he is always sneezing).

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? New Zealand would be great just because I hear how beautiful it is, Russia would be very interesting, and I would really enjoy Australia and seeing wild kangaroos.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Go to new places and meeting new people in different cultures with different ideas. And even if I don’t speak the language, still having fun trying to make the natives laugh.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/214748/

Re: Rowan & Shane - TAR 23

Oh man, I hope we don't hear about bingo non-stop.
    jafo likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I think I will like them.

What scares you most about traveling? Snakes and tired stewardesses.
    I'd be more worried about tired pilots than tired "stewardesses"!

And I don't have to be traveling to fear the snake! I hate them no matter where I am, lol!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Johnny's Got His Gun is a powerful read. I'll have to search out his movie.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Lou Costello and Stan Laurel? Don't they know they need a straight man? (Not THAT kind of straight man... I mean you can't have two funny guys, you need a Bud Abbott or Ollie Hardy)

Anyway, I hope they can live up to their own hype. If they can, I'll be rooting for team Lou and Stan.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

I didn't mind these two. I hope we wont be hearing BINGO at every stop
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes, the BINGO! will be getting old fast. But I liked their positivity during the challenge, and they seemed focused and efficient. Next week looks like the wheels come off that bus a bit, but it might be much ado about nothing like many reality tv previews. We'll see. So far I like them.

I had to laugh when Rowan was doing the boat task & said "they don't call me "Rowan" (rowin') for nothing!"
    Pretty funny, I thought!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread