+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Interview with Phil Keoghan

I agree, Fluff. I've often wondered why TAR wasn't shown an hour earlier...

I said it before and will say it again, I am liking TAR more than Survivor every week. I started on Survivor, got talked into watching TAR this year, and glad I did. I find the competition a lot better on TAR and hope that it does a long run on tv. Great interview, gave good insight into his part of the show. Interesting to hear that he is the one that does the interviews at the end of each leg of the race. You know that Jeff cant have that type of interaction with his contestants.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I liked TAR better than Survivor during TAR1 -- I just really like how it is not a popularity contest, but more a competition and you can't vote out the strongest people. It captures everything that I am interested in....strong competition (with of course certain elements of luck) -- like a football game, a very fast pace, and getting to see new places all over the world.

I can tell you know, that our next trip overseas will probably be to Grindenwald - it looked awesome!!!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Wow, an amazing interview John! Good stuff!

Great job on the interview, John! And Thanks to Phil for taking the time out of his busy schedule to do this interview.

I totally agree with Phil in that TAR is one of the top reality shows on the air. It's definitely better than Survivor. In TAR, teams pretty much get to the finals mostly on their own merits. It's got action, excitement, and we get to see the beautiful countries the race goes to.

Like Phil, I enjoy teams that have a fun sense of humor like Team Cha-Cha and the Oh Brother Team! I only watched the end part of TAR2, but I got hooked on it and plan to continue watching it.

I hope the producers do more to promote it. At work, I'm responsible for getting a handful of people hooked on Survivor, and I'm slowly but surely getting them to watch TAR.

I loved this interview! Thank you JOhn, and thank You Phil.
    He really took care in answering the questions thoughfully and fully. This was a wonderful read
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Princess
    Great interview John! And thank you Phil for letting John interview and telling us so much! Can't imagine that it's common for hosts to keep in touch with show contestants afterwards, that's really great, thinking of it as an extended family!

Wow, great interview John! Thanks Phil!!!!!!!!

A Question Of Balance... Zdorama's Avatar
    Awesome Interview!

I loved the fact that so much of his observations and opinions are somewhat mirrored to my own- His appreciation of what Team Oh Brother brings to the game,and Hey-he even made a mention of Flo...probably the most polite and roundabout way of hinting at her volitale nature!
    Cool insight,that fact that he has to wait for the last team to arrive before he can head out to the next pit stop and how a late team can make things very tricky-that kind of behind the scenes stories are sooo interesting!

Thanks Phil!
    Thanks John!

And once again for posterity I say...

GO TEAM OH BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read in the Paper that one player has a complete breakdown in the finale, that it was something producers had no clue how to handle it.

1 Guess who it is. FLO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast