+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What has to happen to make TAR a ratings hit?

I think summer will help TAR, too. It'll be the "big show" of the summer, and it's airing early enough to build a big audience before Big Brother returns in July (and also airing on a different night now). I really hope TAR finds the audience it needs to be a hit, finally. It deserves it.

definitely advertising is key.

i have not seen any hype about this show. the only reason i know about it is because i hang out here.

i barely remember hearing about it 1-2 years ago, but i have never seen it. i had no idea we were up to show 4!! i would have guessed that this is the second one.

there is definitely TOO MUCH reality tv out there. probably airing it now when there is little competition will be good. we'll see, shall we?

and you've recruited a new viewer in me anyway. of course, with my track record of watching unpopular shows, who knows if this is a good thing or not.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    All this show needs is Promotion, Promotion, Promotion!! Maybe all the fans here can help spread the word that this is a show not to be missed!!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Fogey
    You know, CBS consistently has the best reality television programming and the first (well, the second after MTV, but the first on a major network). They have Survivor, The Amazing Race, and Big Brother, which are my three favorites. And to think, before they got all this reality programming, they were the "senior citizens" network...

I agree Anna... BB and Survivor are my favourites. I've never watch TAR before, but the buzz here is overwhelming and it seems like a 'smart' reality show, which also appeals to me.

CTV is hyping the show pretty much where I live, (The Canadian network that carries TAR) I'm surprised I haven't seen more CBS promos.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Regular
    I have to agree with you .. I've seen alot of promotion on CTV the last week for TAR but almost none on CBS ... I guess that's why it has such a good rating here in Canada !!!

I think one way to know how to make TAR a hit is to ask a few people who like to watch it but is not hooked onto it, what it lacks. I'm one of those people. My friend is a HUGE fan. She was extremely excited about today. I'm going to make an effort to watch it. It's true, there's been a great amount of promos for it up here in Canada and I think that really helps. However, it's not only more advertising that it needs. The one thing that I really like about this show is that either you make it to the final destination or not, there's no two ways about it... I would really, really love to do this show; there's absolutely nothing that I wouldn't do!

My friend kept telling me I needed to watch TAR and then I started reading all of your posts about the show. I am a Clay Fan and have been hooked on this website for quite a while. Well, after my husband and I watched the show last night, I must admit, I am hooked! I loved it! I even talked my parents into watching and they are hooked! I think word of mouth is an extremely important tool.

Loved the show-loved it-hate that I missed the other seasons!

What it needs is for all of us to have Neilson Boxes
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

cali!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast