+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 5/5 TAR 22 FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 5/5 TAR 22 FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Phew. So glad Bates and Anthony won. I was rooting for Beth and Mona coming into this, but after their (Mona's huge fail) at the Titanic task, I'm glad it was a more deserving team.

Nice finish. Good luck to Max in his marriage. No really. Luck is needed here, I think. :p
    dzigner likes this.

Phil said on Twitter in reference to the guy the show was in memory of:

"#DavidGibbs shot our aerial shots for more than a decade an extraordinary man who was taken from us too soon #AmazingRace"

In everyone's defense, I used to think chartreuse was red too, until I drank some. I don't know why I thought that. Could have something to do with Crayola crayons.

A few notes, but will say I'm glad Bates and Anthony won. They earned their win - well any of them would've with that final challenge and the Titanic/Spraypaint roadblock challenge.

1. I liked the idea of the Titanic serving challenge. It was a lesson on food in 1912 and was a good one for paying attention to details. I liked how the applause was genuine for Mona and Beth when they got it correct finally - it didn't feel condescending, which - along with a few other countries, it was nice to see people cheering on the teams. This one and the Scot who hugged the country singer after that bagpipe challenge will stick in my head because of the genuine congrats they shared with the teams.

2. Mona and Beth said 1100 Pennsylvania Ave. and the guy still sent them to the White House. That cost them the game really. Would've liked for them to have had maybe one other challenge on the National Mall - maybe go to the new WWII memorial or MLK memorial. It was fun though to see the Kiosk where my parents, brother and I got sandwiches at on the Mall - it's the only place you can get food too (and they know it - it's expensive).

3. I liked the globe challenge myself - teaches geography and looks like all three teams had fun diving into it.

4. Without getting too political, I was glad that they really didn't meet Obama and have a photo taken with him. Our president has more important things to do than appear on a reality tv show.

5. I liked the agent challenge myself - it admittedly was luck of the draw, but none gave up.

6. Caroline and Jen and Beth and Mona showed a lot of grace in losing, and were appreciative of where they ended up. Sad yes, but happy.

7. I think they're setting us up for a Dave and Conner return for an All-Stars/Redemption season based on the coverage they received. Yes, admittedly part of this was due to Dave's surgery and update, but they didn't focus much on any of the other competitors. In fact, the firefighters I plumb didn't recognize.

Not a bad season overall - even though I wasn't as fond of Max and Katie, I was going to be happy with any of the final four teams winning. It's rare for me to root for all the teams.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I think they're setting us up for a Dave and Conner return for an All-Stars/Redemption season based on the coverage they received.
    I was thinking this too. I was kind of expecting them to say at the end "We're comin' back next season, so get ready for us, America."

Speaking of next season, there is still no spec on it. So I know nothing.
    NCLurker likes this.

I still wonder if Mona and Beth had not been told about the other menu, would they have come in 3rd?
    There's no place like home!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Just watched the first hour. Had to laugh at the irony. After watching The Blonds being chastised by so many all season for working with The Hockey Players, it was The Roller Derby Moms who made the Final Three as a result of a clue given by The Hockey Players.
    yourefired and Midol like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I am so happy for Bates and Anthony.
    I didn't mind the F4, because they were all so different. But the hockey players were my faves
    dzigner and canastasamba like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

"How's my butt look in this baseball?"
    captain, spockwhat and Midol like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I am quite happy the hockey guys won. I was a bit concerned that the curse of knowing the final city would hinder them like it has teams in the past. I must say, I was impressed with them having taken copious notes as well as having studied the maps. They kept a pretty good attitude the whole time. I was kind of wishing they hadn't told the roller moms what they were doing wrong - not that it made an immediate difference. It wasn't even because I disliked the roller moms. I just wanted to see if they could figure it out. I was glad Max and Katie didn't win, but considering it was their honeymoon I didn't mind then winning some prizes.

+ Reply to Thread